What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

finally they are realizing our power and advancement in air defenses

Once the dust cleared, it turned out that one of the enduring lessons from the past week occurred at about 22,000 feet.

"They work," said Jeremy Binnie, Middle East and North Africa editor at Jane's Defence Weekly, of Iran's air defenses. The incident "highlights that when the Iranians really make investment, it can really count," he told CNN.
"We knew that with ballistic missiles, but it appears the case with air defenses too."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/25/middleeast/iran-drone-shooting-capabilities-npw-intl/index.html

Russia does business. When they agreed to the TOR-M1 deal they also agreed on the Kasta-2, Nebo-SVU, Gamma-D and (early) Resonanz. The main reason for selling this collection seems to have been their cancellation of the S-300 deal. Today the Kasta copy Kavosh is Irans main gapfiller.

But tech transfer that would explain 3rd Khordads Buk-M2 like radar, the Hafez's Gamma-S like array or this Ghadir-2 which looks like the lastest Resonanz variant (non-export, Russian standard) are not likely.
Russians are leading in many radar sectors hence Iran sometimes emulates their concept with those systems and may add to it in some cases. Means: Russia upgrades Resonanz with new add-on phased arrays? We do the same based on our (early) Resonanz copy we got from them.

So Russia does rather business, nothing more. Selling a "strategic" asset like the Resonanz was a good gesture from them. However even the UAE has a Resonanz based radar today, so not that exclusive anymore.

China does effectively also just business, no real ToT, although it might exist to a low degree. China might have been a great help on setting up the "dual-use" manufacturing industry of SA Iran, I don't know.
Irans biggest jump was from a unexpected source and building on that it lead to Irans S-band AESAs.

Belarus was probably a larger source of help than Russia and China.

annnnnnd that's the beauty of having and building your own systems and radars

"We do not really understand how these guidance systems are working," he said.

Once the dust cleared, it turned out that one of the enduring lessons from the past week occurred at about 22,000 feet.

"They work," said Jeremy Binnie, Middle East and North Africa editor at Jane's Defence Weekly, of Iran's air defenses. The incident "highlights that when the Iranians really make investment, it can really count," he told CNN.
"We knew that with ballistic missiles, but it appears the case with air defenses too."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/25/middleeast/iran-drone-shooting-capabilities-npw-intl/index.html

Can't wait for Iran to direct this "Narrow Focus" on Q-313!

Don't worry, in the future, they'll be writing articles asking people to take Iran's jet fighter programs seriously, just like they did with our missiles and doing now with our air defence. Remember that famous saying:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"

Why didn’t the system relocate itself after launching the missile? I thought that was the whole idea of making 3rd Khordad mobile! It could become an easy target for the enemy in the later stages of a real war!

Why didn’t the system relocate itself after launching the missile? I thought that was the whole idea of making 3rd Khordad mobile! It could become an easy target for the enemy in the later stages of a real war!
We are not at war yet. Why should it relocate?

Here is my post from a few days when this site was not publicly known:

That's the Ghadir (probably Ghadir-2), the beast that tracked the RQ-4 and made its RAM/RAS and shaping useless.
This is a photo of explicitly that site which did the long range tracking of the RQ-4.
The first time Iran showed it and 1-2 days after the kill.
It is a main asset against B2-F-22-F-35.

One of the strategic radar assets among others like Nazir, Keyhan, Sepehr and OTHR projects of IRGC and IRIADF.

This site covers most of the Sea of Oman: Check altitude of the site and the radar horizon for that.

This is just declaration not the inflow. It does not benefit Pakistan anyway at least right now.

you just read my heart

We are with you, brave brothers. Stand strong in the face of economic terrorism and hypocritical bullying!

If our leaders wake up, an Iran-Pakistan-China-Russia bloc, similar to NATO, could alter the region forever.

While the Israelis and Americans are leaving no stone unturned in figuring out the S400's weaknesses and vulnerabilities, the Iranian systems have the advantage of being mostly secret.

I hope the cyber attack by the US didn't do too much damage.

We are with you, brave brothers. Stand strong in the face of economic terrorism and hypocritical bullying!

If our leaders wake up, an Iran-Pakistan-China-Russia bloc, similar to NATO, could alter the region forever.

While the Israelis and Americans are leaving no stone unturned in figuring out the S400's weaknesses and vulnerabilities, the Iranian systems have the advantage of being mostly secret.

you have quoted me incorrectly here

Last edited:

hope to see Bavar_373 in Pakistan soon

Here is my post from a few days when this site was not publicly known:

This site covers most of the Sea of Oman: Check altitude of the site and the radar horizon for that.

Gadir 1 looks bigger then Gadir 2 :what: :undecided:

D91TS_bW4AESP7j.jpg

An aerial view of Iran’s Nazir long range early warning radar, a multiband array, (including low UHF?) providing 360 coverage and counter stealth capability.

Du7Na-iXgAAJV4S.jpg

Du7NbwUX0AAn24g.jpg

14.05.19 Iran deployed MERSAD launchers at Asaluyeh. 21.05.19 S300 on trucks spotted near Damavand Oil facilities. Imageries from 24.05.19 confirm both and an apparent Interim deployment of the S-300 battery at Asaluyeh Airport located 5 days later in Tehran.

D96cahTXkAArl4U.jpg

Back
Top Bottom