What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Interesting the video show the missile as hit to kill system . I thought it use proximity switch.

There proximity fuze, since it better for hit such objects, such as airplanes and UAVs, which are the result of the explosion are riddled with shrapnel from missiles warhead.
If you look at the pics from video, the missile explodes near the object.
1174273_1000.jpg
1173050_1000.jpg
1173436_1000.jpg

Last edited:
Trump admits Iran could have shot down US plane with 38 man

“There was a plane with 38 people yesterday, did you see that? I think that's a big story. They had it in their sights and they didn't shoot it down. I think they were very wise not to do that. And we appreciate that they didn't do that. I think that was a very wise decision,” Trump told reporters Saturday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...iran-very-wise-not-to-shoot-down-manned-plane

Trump admits Iran could have shot down US plane with 38 man

“There was a plane with 38 people yesterday, did you see that? I think that's a big story. They had it in their sights and they didn't shoot it down. I think they were very wise not to do that. And we appreciate that they didn't do that. I think that was a very wise decision,” Trump told reporters Saturday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...iran-very-wise-not-to-shoot-down-manned-plane
Ok, at least he is man enough to thank Iran for it.

At 4:30 AM, as the drone doubled back to the northwest, one of the battery’s three Sayyad-2C missiles rocketed up into the night sky, causing dust to billow around the launcher as the radar-guided weapon accelerated to up to four times the speed of sound. You can see Iranian media footage of the launch here.

The RQ-4’s integrated AN/ALR-89 defensive suite includes a Radar Warning Receiver that likely alerted the drone’s operators of the incoming threat. Unable to outrun the incoming missiles, the operators likely activated the ALR-89’s radar-jamming self-defense system.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...n-shot-down-us-rq-4n-surveillance-drone-63717

At 4:30 AM, as the drone doubled back to the northwest, one of the battery’s three Sayyad-2C missiles rocketed up into the night sky, causing dust to billow around the launcher as the radar-guided weapon accelerated to up to four times the speed of sound. You can see Iranian media footage of the launch here.

The RQ-4’s integrated AN/ALR-89 defensive suite includes a Radar Warning Receiver that likely alerted the drone’s operators of the incoming threat. Unable to outrun the incoming missiles, the operators likely activated the ALR-89’s radar-jamming self-defense system.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...n-shot-down-us-rq-4n-surveillance-drone-63717
It's a very romantic version of the event! Lol

Question now is why are American officials so adamant the obliterated RQ-4A was downed by old Soviet-era AD systems like the S-75 or S-125 Neva (which Iran never operated, at all)?

Psy·ops! You know propaganda is part of the war.

Or since the US and Israelis air force heavily trained against the S300 in Greece and Cyprus, and the RQ-4A drone got hit, perhaps they understand the missile that hit the plane isn't S300, but at the same time don't want to give credit to the home-grown Iranian missile aka 3rd Khordad, so they opted to some other missile.

Last edited:

“From this lofty perch, the huge UAV soared southeast, leisurely circumnavigating the narrow Straits of Hormuz, as plotted here, it sensors scanning everything beneath it. The long-endurance drone could methodically survey up to 2.7 million square miles in twenty-four hours with its powerful multi-function radar, all the while transmitting that data back for analysis.

Periodically, the drone’s operator may have nosed it down to lower altitudes so the sensor operator could scan a ship of interest with its infrared sensor turret, or use its electromagnetic ESM sensors to triangulate the positions of nearby radar transmitters”

I think there was a reason this drone was shot down and not just simple air space violation.

Remember when the tensions all originally started? Before tanker attacks?

US had “intelligence” that Iranian dhows were being loaded with missiles. I think this drone or type like it was what was able to locate them and provide the intelligence.

I think being exposed like that took Iran by surprise and they immead began wondering how that intelligence was attained.

You don’t launch a drone 100,000 feet in the air to check to make sure oil tankers and ships in the PG are “okay”. The PG is one of the most heavily patrolled areas so no pirate or criminal organization is going to be using that area in times of tension.

This drone specifically spied on Iranian assets naval and land. I think Iran figured it out and as soon as it violated airspace shot it down to send a message.

“From this lofty perch, the huge UAV soared southeast, leisurely circumnavigating the narrow Straits of Hormuz, as plotted here, it sensors scanning everything beneath it. The long-endurance drone could methodically survey up to 2.7 million square miles in twenty-four hours with its powerful multi-function radar, all the while transmitting that data back for analysis.

Periodically, the drone’s operator may have nosed it down to lower altitudes so the sensor operator could scan a ship of interest with its infrared sensor turret, or use its electromagnetic ESM sensors to triangulate the positions of nearby radar transmitters”

I think there was a reason this drone was shot down and not just simple air space violation.

Remember when the tensions all originally started? Before tanker attacks?

US had “intelligence” that Iranian dhows were being loaded with missiles. I think this drone or type like it was what was able to locate them and provide the intelligence.

I think being exposed like that took Iran by surprise and they immead began wondering how that intelligence was attained.

You don’t launch a drone 100,000 feet in the air to check to make sure oil tankers and ships in the PG are “okay”. The PG is one of the most heavily patrolled areas so no pirate or criminal organization is going to be using that area in times of tension.

This drone specifically spied on Iranian assets naval and land. I think Iran figured it out and as soon as it violated airspace shot it down to send a message.

It's unbearably infuriating that America just can't say Iran has good AD systems and that they can reliably defend themselves from American air assets (at least to some credible degree).

Hell, given all the LIES U.S. government tells in order to propagate that aura of 'invincibility'. One can no longer logically believe what Pentagon as well as U.S. officials say without greatly being suspicious of people who are intrinsically duplicitous.

MY GOD THEY ACTUALLY SAID IRAN USED S-125 NEVA!!!!! HOW CAN YOU WORK AT THE PENTAGON AND SAY SUCH ASININE WORDS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom