What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

“From this lofty perch, the huge UAV soared southeast, leisurely circumnavigating the narrow Straits of Hormuz, as plotted here, it sensors scanning everything beneath it. The long-endurance drone could methodically survey up to 2.7 million square miles in twenty-four hours with its powerful multi-function radar, all the while transmitting that data back for analysis.

Periodically, the drone’s operator may have nosed it down to lower altitudes so the sensor operator could scan a ship of interest with its infrared sensor turret, or use its electromagnetic ESM sensors to triangulate the positions of nearby radar transmitters”

I think there was a reason this drone was shot down and not just simple air space violation.

Remember when the tensions all originally started? Before tanker attacks?

US had “intelligence” that Iranian dhows were being loaded with missiles. I think this drone or type like it was what was able to locate them and provide the intelligence.

I think being exposed like that took Iran by surprise and they immead began wondering how that intelligence was attained.

You don’t launch a drone 100,000 feet in the air to check to make sure oil tankers and ships in the PG are “okay”. The PG is one of the most heavily patrolled areas so no pirate or criminal organization is going to be using that area in times of tension.

This drone specifically spied on Iranian assets naval and land. I think Iran figured it out and as soon as it violated airspace shot it down to send a message.

agreed i think Iran was surprised as they would have not transferred those missiles in bright daylight so they were doing it in the caver night and MQ_4 was in UAE for a month now so i think you are right.

It appears the radar jamming suit was useless in front of our missile :D

yes our radars are too powerful for that suit to over come them, i do not now about the radar in the missile tho

“From this lofty perch, the huge UAV soared southeast, leisurely circumnavigating the narrow Straits of Hormuz, as plotted here, it sensors scanning everything beneath it. The long-endurance drone could methodically survey up to 2.7 million square miles in twenty-four hours with its powerful multi-function radar, all the while transmitting that data back for analysis.

Periodically, the drone’s operator may have nosed it down to lower altitudes so the sensor operator could scan a ship of interest with its infrared sensor turret, or use its electromagnetic ESM sensors to triangulate the positions of nearby radar transmitters”

I think there was a reason this drone was shot down and not just simple air space violation.

Remember when the tensions all originally started? Before tanker attacks?

US had “intelligence” that Iranian dhows were being loaded with missiles. I think this drone or type like it was what was able to locate them and provide the intelligence.

I think being exposed like that took Iran by surprise and they immead began wondering how that intelligence was attained.

You don’t launch a drone 100,000 feet in the air to check to make sure oil tankers and ships in the PG are “okay”. The PG is one of the most heavily patrolled areas so no pirate or criminal organization is going to be using that area in times of tension.

This drone specifically spied on Iranian assets naval and land. I think Iran figured it out and as soon as it violated airspace shot it down to send a message.

agreed i think Iran was surprised as they would have not transferred those missiles in bright daylight so they were doing it in the caver night and MQ_4 was in UAE for a month now so i think you are right.

It appears the radar jamming suit was useless in front of our missile :D

yes our radars are too powerful for that suit to over come them, i do not know about the radar in the missile tho

b713117431ae98a440879791b936718530706685.jpg

at which minute mark I can find this scene, thanks

Ok give me a min PLZ i will get back to you as soon as i can

at which minute mark I can find this scene, thanks

well you can start from 21:10 to see Gadier 2 long rage OTH ( its range is unknown but Gadier 1 OTH radar has 3000 km range so one can only say Gadier 2 is better then Gadier 1 radar ), then you will see Matlae AL Fajr radar with 500 km range, after that you will see Kawosh short range radar with 150 km range, after that you will se Meraj 4 radar ( Bavar_373 main radar ) with over 500 km range its 3D and it can track up to 200 targets.

then at 26:48 you can see Najm_802B radar.

then in 28:00 you can see them in action with Sayyad Air defense system with 4 launchers.

then in 36:36 and forward you can see 3th Khordad system missiles and Najm_802A and vostok radar.

Ok give me a min PLZ i will get back to you as soon as i can

well you can start from 21:10 to see Gadier 2 long rage OTH ( its range is unknown but Gadier 1 OTH radar has 3000 km range so one can only say Gadier 2 is better then Gadier 1 radar ), then you will see Matlae AL Fajr radar with 500 km range, after that you will see Kawosh short range radar with 150 km range, after that you will se Meraj 4 radar ( Bavar_373 main radar ) with over 500 km range its 3D and it can track up to 200 targets.

then at 26:48 you can see Najm_802B radar.

then in 28:00 you can see them in action with Sayyad Air defense system with 4 launchers.

then in 36:36 and forward you can see 3th Khordad system missiles and Najm_802A and vostok radar.

awesome, thanks
was searching for the scene with the guy talking in this big anechoic chamber, very impressive!
I hope Iran will be next decade right behind russia with its AD capabilities

yes we had that from well before 2010

awesome, thanks
was searching for the scene with the guy talking in this big anechoic chamber, very impressive!
I hope Iran will be next decade right behind russia with its AD capabilities
your welcome bro, yes that was at 26:48. well in the case of Russia we need to wait for Bavar_373 that system will tell us how far behind we are from Russians.

media

hello @yavar

can you please write few things what he is talking about, failed S-300 deal back then?
many thanks

He is talking about back in the 80's when Iran tried to buy 7 radars from them. They said due to sanctions, we can't deliver them to you directly, so we'd have to go through a middleman nation, despite Iran agreeing, they kept changing their requirements again and again until in the end, the systems were never delivered.

These historical facts should remind everyone, Iran can never rely on anyone else for it's military.

hello @yavar

can you please write few things what he is talking about, failed S-300 deal back then?
many thanks

Not this was not S300

no this was another contract which we start negotiating in year 2001 with Russia for radars which then the IRGC Gen hajizadeh wnet and signed contract in 2005 and paid the money which up to now they have not give the money back

our pesion today is the contract is cancelled and we want our money back
in 2001 after U.S invasion Afghanistan we need latest tech radars

Mxxx Fxxxx Putin

for Iranian members to understand better and the level of professionalism

watch from 18:00

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom