What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Wasn't it supposed to be launched vertically ?
Its not to far of it from the looks of the angle on the launcher,especially when compared to the patriot which looks to be its inspiration,at least for the launcher.

isnt that the new mobile Hawk AD system?
Yes it is, but some say its talash 1 but i do not think that.

Is that on a Russian TEL? Looks like the TEL that carries the S-300
Its Iranian made TEL.

Untitled112.jpg

Ahhhh,the mystery kamin 2`s sam is finally revealed at last.It certainly appears to be a sayyad 2 in a shortened launch canister,so it seems very likely that they`ve decided to use the sayyad 2 in its very own dedicated system,I wonder if it uses the same radars as its big brother?.Interestingly it also looks like the elevation of the kamin 2 launcher is closer to that of the patriot,tho whether that is the usual launch angle is unknown.
Video-by-great-army-iran-mp4-snapshot-00-03-2018-11-06-08-06-53.jpg

Video-by-great-army-iran-mp4-snapshot-00-09-2018-11-06-08-05-48.jpg

Video-by-great-army-iran-mp4-snapshot-00-13-2018-11-06-08-06-09.jpg

Video-by-great-army-iran-mp4-snapshot-00-15-2018-11-06-08-06-25.jpg

Video-by-great-army-iran-mp4-snapshot-00-18-2018-11-06-08-06-41.jpg

Heres some enlarged and sharpened pics taken from the vid showing the launch.

Last edited:
Ahhhh,the mystery kamin 2`s sam is finally revealed at last.It certainly appears to be a sayyad 2 in a shortened launch canister,so it seems very likely that they`ve decided to use the sayyad 2 in its very own dedicated system,I wonder if it uses the same radars as its big brother?.Interestingly it also looks like the elevation of the kamin 2 launcher is closer to that of the patriot,tho whether that is the usual launch angle is unknown.

Kamin-2 is an updated Mersad system and it’s missile is not a Shayad-2 but a missile named “Shahin”.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/423503/Introducing-4-animated-defense-systems-for-effective-defense

Launch angle is probably due to fact it targets drones and low altitude aircraft/drones.

Well, they said Talash missile system has been used, so let's drop that "Kamin" name for now.

rapid development and new versions of the Sayyad missiles means Talash is an ongoing project for achieving a three layer air defense system.

rapid development and new versions of the Sayyad missiles means Talash is an ongoing project for achieving a three layer air defense system.
did they say anything about multi layered defence or just something you infer?

what are the different layers?

did they say anything about multi layered defence or just something you infer?

what are the different layers?

Multi layered defense is the doctrine of air defense.

The ring defense: long range air defense ring followed by medium range air defense ring followed by last resort short range air defense ring.

Kamin-2 is an updated Mersad system and it’s missile is not a Shayad-2 but a missile named “Shahin”.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/423503/Introducing-4-animated-defense-systems-for-effective-defense

Launch angle is probably due to fact it targets drones and low altitude aircraft/drones.
Frankly I find that pretty unlikely as the shahin is very clearly based on the old hawk sam,or at least these days its airframe,so unless they`ve radically redesigned the missile to look more like the sayyad 2 it seems very unlikely,altho it could use mersad/shahin components in the system as the pics from the same exercise showing 2 of the sayyad 2 equipped talash launchers also show the mersad search radar apparently being used with the system.The other thing that makes me dubious of this claim is simply the age of the article as it was written back when only a couple of pics of the system had been released and no pics,to my knowledge at least,had ever been shown of its actual sam or its launch,in fact I think these are the first actual pics we`ve seen of either.

The other thing thats interesting is that the kamin 2 launcher appears to be not only capable of much lower launch angles,but judging from the blast deflector fitted behind the cab,something that is very clearly missing in the sayyad 2/3 equipped talash tel,and the rear facing launch position in these pics,it looks like the kamin 2 launcher is capable of full 360 degree launch as well.
Lastly,if this is the kamin 2 then what was/where is the kamin 1 I wonder?

Back
Top Bottom