What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

People far smarter than you who called themselves expert on Missiles were laughing at Iran's Missile program too and fools like Michael Elleman who are PAID Experts just 6 years ago were claiming that Iran would need to fire 100's of Fateh class missiles just to hit his office across the Persian Gulf in the UAE under 250km away!

Yes Iran started late and alloys like Steel and Aluminum that started being produced in the U.S. on an industrial scale around 1900 weren't produced in Iran until around the mid 70's due to half a century of really bad leadership (Western puppet leaders)

But under the current leadership the country that only had 16 universities now has well over 200 and a country that couldn't produce so much as a car within the span of 40 years & after fighting an 8year war is now building TBM's, Warships, Subs, light fighter jets, UCAV's, SLV's, Cruise Missiles, Jet engines, Radars, SAM's, Precision Guided Missiles, Helicopters, Tactical vehicles,.....
Give Iran another 40 years and the fact that we started 80 years later than countries like the U.S. and Europe won't mean a thing.

"But under the current leadership the country that only had 16 universities now has well over 200 and a country that couldn't produce so much as a car within the span of 40 years & after fighting an 8year war is now building TBM's, Warships, Subs, light fighter jets, UCAV's, SLV's, Cruise Missiles, Jet engines, Radars, SAM's, Precision Guided Missiles, Helicopters, Tactical vehicles,....."

What jet engine? The one in your wet dreams? Helicopters? Like your bat-plane? Yeah you guys have come a long way in mastering the art of deceit. And BTW, since we are talking smart, I believe someone with a healthy dose of skepticism is far smarter than a paid IRI blogger like yourself. You guys are all fake news. All the time.

"But under the current leadership the country that only had 16 universities now has well over 200 and a country that couldn't produce so much as a car within the span of 40 years & after fighting an 8year war is now building TBM's, Warships, Subs, light fighter jets, UCAV's, SLV's, Cruise Missiles, Jet engines, Radars, SAM's, Precision Guided Missiles, Helicopters, Tactical vehicles,....."

You are a fool indeed to think this "leadership" that you refer to is anything but incompetent, corrupt, murdering scums, just like their IRIGC thugs.

What jet engine? The one in your wet dreams? Helicopters? Like your bat-plane? Yeah you guys have come a long way in mastering the art of deceit. And BTW, since we are talking smart, I believe someone with a healthy dose of skepticism is far smarter than a paid IRI blogger like yourself. You guys are all fake news. All the time.

I'm sure to morons like you leaders that instead of buying overpriced American Fighters have chosen to make Iran the largest car producer in the region, the largest tractor producer in the region, 4th largest cement producer in the world, largest Dam builder in the region, fastest growing country in Science and Technology, one of the top 10 ranked countries in the world in the Economic activity growth of women, % of female collage graduates & % of females working in industry, a country that produces over 97% of it's yearly weapons accusations,………. Yea that government is corrupt!!!!!! But a government that after 50 years (US puppet Pahlavi) only built 16 universities in Iran, that took them over 40 years of begging to finally get foreigners to build them an industrial steel mill & aluminum production facilities in Iran and after 50 years of rule couldn't so much as produce a freaking car yea and that government was the west's beacon of light in the region!! LOL!

So clearly any Iranian leadership you in the west call corrupt and incompetent means the exact opposite in reality and in reality it is a good leadership for Iran! And no one say's they are not without their faults but the pros outway the cons....

As for Helo's HERE:
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/crime/article24758278.html

Bell even tried to sue Iran because Iran reverse engineered Bell's 206 as far back as 2002! LOL! MORON! So yea Iran was producing helos like the 206 as far back as 17 years ago! So feel free to cry now! LOL

Iran also started producing it's 1st +600lbf mini Jet engines as far back as ~20 years ago! Again NOTHING NEW and videos of it were made public ~10 years ago are now available on YouTube! so keep on crying!

I know Iran's progress in the past 30 years (Since the end of the war) is so shocking to people like you that the only way you can make sense of it is by seeing at a deceit! And that's fine by us! LOL!

Last edited:
As I understand from @skyshadow photos two different nozzles can be seen. A larger composite one consistent with that of the composite booster of the Zolfaghar. The smaller one seems to be a smaller metal nozzle that would fit for a SAM such as the Sayyad-4 which needs to be very cost effective.

From the photos I'm not too sure about that but if that's the case then they have tested the Bavar-373 or another LR-SAM against a Zolfaghar.
In that case the LR-SAM went for the booster stage instead for the near-hypersonic glide vehicle (RV).

The S-300PMU2 has 40km max. range against BMs and the S-400 up to 60km. A robust higher PK kill range would probably be 60-80% of that max. figure.

A Zolfaghar would be a difficult target for any ABM system. It has a separating glide vehicle which can perform terminal maneuvers.

Easiest way would have been to test it against a Shahab-1 or -2 with pure fixed ballistic trajectory.
Testing against a Shahab-3 would require the capability to attack and track a 10+ mach target (well within the capability of a electronically steered array LR-SAM system such as the Bavar-373).
The Zolfaghar would be slower at mach 6-8, stay for longer in the atmosphere to be attacked.
Its quasi-ballistic flat trajectory reduced warning time would not affect the Bavar-373 which is limited by its tactical range radar systems.
Using the Zolfaghar as test target would represent an adverse difficult condition for a ABM system due to its separating booster. So the test can be used to distinguish booster and glide vehicle and test the system against two targets with just one Zolfaghar.
Qualifying the system against a maneuvering glide vehicle/RV would be something not even the S-400 is reported to have achieved. Of course the glide vehicle could have been used without evasive maneuvering during a test.

Warhead killing capability is another hurdle which Russians only managed to master well with the S-300PMU2.

Plus: Although we knew it since the Zolfaghar exhibited last year: It has a composite filament booster casing, at least the tested version.

As I understand from @skyshadow photos two different nozzles can be seen. A larger composite one consistent with that of the composite booster of the Zolfaghar. The smaller one seems to be a smaller metal nozzle that would fit for a SAM such as the Sayyad-4 which needs to be very cost effective.

From the photos I'm not too sure about that but if that's the case then they have tested the Bavar-373 or another LR-SAM against a Zolfaghar.
In that case the LR-SAM went for the booster stage instead for the near-hypersonic glide vehicle (RV).

The S-300PMU2 has 40km max. range against BMs and the S-400 up to 60km. A robust higher PK kill range would probably be 60-80% of that max. figure.

A Zolfaghar would be a difficult target for any ABM system. It has a separating glide vehicle which can perform terminal maneuvers.

Easiest way would have been to test it against a Shahab-1 or -2 with pure fixed ballistic trajectory.
Testing against a Shahab-3 would require the capability to attack and track a 10+ mach target (well within the capability of a electronically steered array LR-SAM system such as the Bavar-373).
The Zolfaghar would be slower at mach 6-8, stay for longer in the atmosphere to be attacked.
Its quasi-ballistic flat trajectory reduced warning time would not affect the Bavar-373 which is limited by its tactical range radar systems.
Using the Zolfaghar as test target would represent an adverse difficult condition for a ABM system due to its separating booster. So the test can be used to distinguish booster and glide vehicle and test the system against two targets with just one Zolfaghar.
Qualifying the system against a maneuvering glide vehicle/RV would be something not even the S-400 is reported to have achieved. Of course the glide vehicle could have been used without evasive maneuvering during a test.

Warhead killing capability is another hurdle which Russians only managed to master well with the S-300PMU2.

Plus: Although we knew it since the Zolfaghar exhibited last year: It has a composite filament booster casing, at least the tested version.

I don't see any second booster. Do you mean the section buried in the ground? That looks like the guidance section of Zolfaqar.

I don't see any second booster. Do you mean the section buried in the ground? That looks like the guidance section of Zolfaqar.

There are two photos of nozzles. They could be the same just from different perspectives, I don't know, but they may be different.
If they are different, then a ABM test is the answer, if not its just a Zolfaghar booster.

There are two photos of nozzles. They could be the same just from different perspectives, I don't know, but they may be different.
If they are different, then a ABM test is the answer, if not its just a Zolfaghar booster.

At first I thought they're the same one, just facing opposite directions and with different aspect ratios. But I actually think you could be right.

untitled18-jpg.507702

untitled1-jpg.507693

to me they look the same object from two different view

Look at this picture. In this photo, half the missile warhead is lost.

Untitled.jpg

But in this picture, what seems to be the second warhead, the second warhead is almost intact. Take a look at the ground in this photo. There is a black mark on the ground beside the warhead, but there is no sign of burn mark on the ground in the first photo. And take a look at the ground in this picture, it is muddy and rocky. But in the first picture, the ground is completely dusty and dry.

Untitled18.jpg

well it's certain that the target missile don't have a live war head , but the intercepting missile actually must be a working missile otherwise there is no pint in doing the test , and my theory about that explosion sound is that they destroyed the missile after it missed the target to stop any accidental damage .the only way that it was a successful test against ballistic missiles is that there be traces of shrapnel on target missile and there was not any picture to pint to that.

I thought there were 2 there too but it was just different angle picture and fact is if there were 2 missile it's doubtful that they would land near the same location due to very different angles of trajectory and engagement altitude because for that to happen you'll need such a perfect hit at such high speeds that the missile have to practically fuse together

And I only see the Missile body in the pics and I don't see any part of the separating warhead and if it's a Zolfaghar without a complete failed separation the missile body and separating warhead would NOT land in the same location and for SAM interception you'll be intercepting during terminal guidance and not before separation

FYI If the missile had failed before running out of rocket fuel the explosion would have been so massive that there is no way parts that large and identifiable would have survived and there would be far more debris....

In conclusion it's either a failed separation after the missile ran out of solid fuel or just the missile body coming down.....

Look at this picture. In this photo, half the missile warhead is lost.

View attachment 508350

But in this picture, what seems to be the second warhead, the second warhead is almost intact. Take a look at the ground in this photo. There is a black mark on the ground beside the warhead, but there is no sign of burn mark on the ground in the first photo. And take a look at the ground in this picture, it is muddy and rocky. But in the first picture, the ground is completely dusty and dry.

View attachment 508352

More likely it's parts of the engine with composite high temperature heat shielding around it.... Can't really tell in those pictures but unlike other parts of the missile it looks burnt..... If it was the nose cone and there were explosives inside it wouldn't survive or if it did it would be dug into the ground...
So if the front section didn't separate the missile would come in nose 1st and even without explosives it would be either be dug into the ground or completely destroyed
BUT if this is just the missile body coming to the ground the heavies part of the missile would be the engine part and it would come in tail 1st like a dart and that's just normal physics and it seems that's exactly what happened here

upload_2018-10-28_11-5-47.png

I thought there were 2 there too but it was just different angle picture and fact is if there were 2 missile it's doubtful that they would land near the same location due to very different angles of trajectory and engagement altitude because for that to happen you'll need such a perfect hit at such high speeds that the missile have to practically fuse together

And I only see the Missile body in the pics and I don't see any part of the separating warhead and if it's a Zolfaghar without a complete failed separation the missile body and separating warhead would NOT land in the same location and for SAM interception you'll be intercepting during terminal guidance and not before separation

FYI If the missile had failed before running out of rocket fuel the explosion would have been so massive that there is no way parts that large and identifiable would have survived and there would be far more debris....

In conclusion it's either a failed separation after the missile ran out of solid fuel or just the missile body coming down.....

More likely it's parts of the engine with composite high temperature heat shielding around it.... Can't really tell in those pictures but unlike other parts of the missile it looks burnt..... If it was the nose cone and there were explosives inside it wouldn't survive or if it did it would be dug into the ground...
So if the front section didn't separate the missile would come in nose 1st and even without explosives it would be either be dug into the ground or completely destroyed
BUT if this is just the missile body coming to the ground the heavies part of the missile would be the engine part and it would come in tail 1st like a dart and that's just normal physics and it seems that's exactly what happened here

View attachment 508634

They say they have found the rocket body at بجستان baiestan and the missile warhead in torbat heydariyeh تربت حیدریه

do you think that this distance maybe is from zoalfagar warhead separation?

untitled15-jpg.507698

They say they have found the rocket body at بجستان baiestan and the missile warhead in torbat heydariyeh تربت حیدریه

do you think that this distance maybe is from zoalfagar warhead separation?

untitled15-jpg.507698
It's probable . what I'm wondering is that if any remain of the intercepting missile is shown.

is an iranian kick your asss very hard even now is burning i said many time go buy painkiller for yourself and your mother maybe work for that hell holes

Back
Top Bottom