What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

what he is saying about B-373? Final tests?
It says it's been already produced and now is under various types of tests in different weather and geographies to see its performance and if its sub systems and components functions wouldn't be satisfactory we'd try to replace them with better ones...

He says: we are going to unveil a very advanced 100% Iranian designed and made anti aircraft missile. It will look identical to a 1950s Scud missile.... but don't be fooled.... it is very advanced inside, I wish I could show you, but it's top secret. Also, it is very expensive to make, so we will have to devaluate the national currency by 50% again, but if you do sinezani tonight, we will give out free abgoosht!

:partay:

Cool down bro ... You won't get disappointed !

Just to get an idea about systems with such high complexity:

Soviets started research on S-300 1966 --- Iran estimated 2009 on Bavar
Soviets started serious development 1969 --- Iran estimated 2011
Soviets started testing 1978 --- Iran estimated 2015
Soviets put it into operation 1983 --- Iran expected 2019

So Soviets with their vast experience needed 17 years from idea to operational service.
Iran is expected to approximately do this in 10 years.

This stuff is no joke.

Talk is about the real S-300PS requested in 1966.

Just to get an idea about systems with such high complexity:

Soviets started research on S-300 1966 --- Iran estimated 2009 on Bavar
Soviets started serious development 1969 --- Iran estimated 2011
Soviets started testing 1978 --- Iran estimated 2015
Soviets put it into operation 1983 --- Iran expected 2019

So Soviets with their vast experience needed 17 years from idea to operational service.
Iran is expected to approximately do this in 10 years.

This stuff is no joke.

Talk is about the real S-300PS requested in 1966.

well, to be fair @PeeD , soviets started from scratch, from 0, Iran started already on imported stuff, so they had already access to something

and I think Iran had access to S-300 much earlier than 2009 (~2005 ?)
I read something about importing from Belarus

Last edited:
The Soviet work was groundbreaking and revolutionary. Its not about who is better or faster.

Iran had no S-300 to start from, as far as we know. All goes back to the SM-1, missile wise, and the radar suite is completely/fundamentally different.

Soviets tested the system 5 years before they put it into service. We should hence not be sad that the plan was to complete testing by 2016 for Bavar-373 but now this has become 2019 or even later. The complexity of this things cause such long testing and refinement phases.

North Koreans just coped the S-300PS, albeit on new trucks. Compared to that Bavar-373 is a complete new indigenous development.

For me i think Bavar is not some copy of S-300, actually Bavar is The result of PAC-3 and S-300PMU-2 having mate,it use hot launch same as PAC series not cold launch on S-300 to S-400 series but the range almost more than 3 times of PAC abm series

For me i think Bavar is not some copy of S-300, actually Bavar is The result of PAC-3 and S-300PMU-2 having mate,it use hot launch same as PAC series not cold launch on S-300 to S-400 series but the range almost more than 3 times of PAC abm series

Bavar is a completely new design. Everything from its radars to missiles. I am sure Iran utilise what it learned from other systems in making it, but bavar itself is indeed an indigenous design.

Testing of Bavar-373 components has increased (visible on Google Eart).

It seems they are talking about Seperh radar. It is going to unveiled to public after all these years that it's been operational. It has a range of at least 3000km!!!:flirt:

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/article/70445

Iran May Have the S-400 in All But Name; What Russia Really Delivered in 2016 and Why it Matters

Pretty much old news.

There were no longer any s-300 PMU assembly lines anymore when Russia eventually agreed to deliver S-300 to Iran, even Russia said this.

Based on radars included in the package Iran got a PMU2 or something similar to S400.

Since Russia is now moving production slowly towards S-500, any further air defense purchase should be for S-500.

Back
Top Bottom