What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

you mean Sayyad 2 is obsolete compare to Sayyad 3 and other sams?

Here's a picture of sayyad-2

SAYYAD-2.jpg

it is obviously an anti-ship missile launched from the southern coastlines of iran in a guerilla warfare fashion . i seriously doubt if iran's sayyad 3 can countermanuver the US aegis systems like Ciwes . so no it's not outdated.

SAYYAD-2.jpg

it is obviously an anti-ship missile launched from the southern coastlines of iran in a guerilla warfare fashion . i seriously doubt if iran's sayyad 3 can countermanuver the US aegis systems like Ciwes . so no it's not outdated.
No,it isnt.Its a stretched version of the rim66 naval sam that iran got from the us waaay back in the 70s.

@AmirPatriot

Sayyad-2 is a mid range system optimized for lower altitudes than Sayyad-3.

So if the interception takes place within 70km and the target in a maneuverable one you better take the Sayyad-2 to have a higher (kinetic) Pk. Of course you also have lower costs when using Sayyad-2 --> lower rated equipment such as batteries and INS.

So the Sayyad-2 has its firm place in the mix and I expect it to fill that role in the future Bavar-373 battery too.
A valid question would rather be why Sayyad-2 and Taer-2 are built as both fill about the same role. There to could be sane reasons such as the higher ABM capability of one of the two.

I suppose so, Sayyad-2 with more control surfaces would have a higher Pk. I must wonder what the battery structure would be... IIRC they said 3 TELs (which I don't think is enough. Come on Iran, at least 4) per system, as each system can track engage 12 targets simultaneously. So would that mean a single Talash system with a mix of Sayyad-2/3, or are they in 2 separate systems, making 6 TELs?

As for the Taer, I think it's simply a case of development. They Taer seems to only be used by the IRGC-ASF so it may be developed by the IRGC.

SAYYAD-2.jpg

...no. Sayyad-1/2/3 are all surface to air missiles.

I suppose so, Sayyad-2 with more control surfaces would have a higher Pk. I must wonder what the battery structure would be... IIRC they said 3 TELs (which I don't think is enough. Come on Iran, at least 4) per system, as each system can track engage 12 targets simultaneously. So would that mean a single Talash system with a mix of Sayyad-2/3, or are they in 2 separate systems, making 6 TELs?

As for the Taer, I think it's simply a case of development. They Taer seems to only be used by the IRGC-ASF so it may be developed by the IRGC.

...no. Sayyad-1/2/3 are all surface to air missiles.
go back to bed.

in case you don't realize Russia does the reverse-engineering for iran . iran sends their 70's american equipment to russia , so that people like putin bark for iran at some points every now and then. all that internet misinformation is to deceive sheeple just like yourself.

in case you don't realize Russia does the reverse-engineering for iran . iran sends their 70's american equipment to russia , so that people like putin bark for iran at some points every now and then. all that internet misinformation is to deceive sheeple just like yourself.

This is news to me.

You don't show herz-9 picture with 4 missile .
You show it with 2 missile and a 4 missile launcher in background that I believe belong to ya Zahra .
If you show us Herz-9 with 4 missile it'd be appreciated.
That in background is also hearz9 but just not mounted...ya zahra has differently placed EO devices and attached luncher and countainers than herz9,it is very easy to make difference ,like Iran always do..when.they introduce new system...they show system in parts also and that is why you see that luncher non mounted...and.why would they show ya zahra on herz9 unveling ceremony...again there is difference bettween ya zahra and herz9 lunchers
Again,from what I sow herz9 system include only one trucked TEL which also serve as comand and control unit...rest TELs would be either towed or fully mobile on something smaller like original fm80/90...There is no need for such big truck for TELs...As I succeed to catch from many different images and video clips of all Iranian versions of FM/80/90 I could see there are at least two different size of containers which suggest more missile variants and also there are two different lunchers..almost the same but with different mechanism for container attachement...
One example of Shaqab-thaqeb missile test (first image)

Here is what I am talking about,this is also fully mobile version on truck but without big container on truck that holds control and command room and it is 4 countainer version(second image)

Attachments

• images(3).jpg
    images(3).jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 53
  • images(4).jpg
    images(4).jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
maybe to you they are

well if missiles were to be "stretched" and reproduced i guess i could make one in my garage too .

Frankly I would tend to very seriously doubt that,as not only would actually getting a hold of an example of a sam be rather difficult,but the sort of advanced re-engineering/reverse engineering capabilities required to do this sort of modification/production tend only to belong to the military industrial complexes of nation states,not guys working in the family garage with chinese made dremels bought on sale at the local hardware store....no offence to your dremel or its abilities.
The fact is that the sayyad 2 is clearly either a physical stretch of an existing irin mehrab/rim66 missile or a new build stretched copy of that airframe,there is some debate over whether the mehrab missiles on the irin warships are refurbed rim66s or new build mehrabs with all new internals,regardless its pretty clear that the airframe is rim66 based with a stretch at the front and a smaller one at the rear,possibly for a longer motor,also the tips of the rear fins have been clipped off square for some reason.
Lastly iran has a very long and well documented history of reverse/reengineering and extensively modifying weapons systems,especially missiles of all types.
standard.jpg

Rim66
yi7idczh.jpg

Sayyad 2

:yahoo:WOW!!,so Uncle Puuty was really actually helping iran out all along:woot:....Well,I`m shocked:o:,shocked:o: I tell you,shocked:o:.Did I also mention that I`m shocked?:o:,well I am...shocked!:o:,utterly,utterly shocked:o: at this utterly shocking:o: turn of events,and further more I am shocked:o:,because this is just so,so....so shocking....:o:

Enwp.gif

I take it you obviously have some totally irrefutable gold standard iron clad proof to back up this rather...shall we say "audacious" statement,because if you didnt you will have just made a complete and total world class utter d!ck of yourself on this forum.Personally I cant wait to hear all about it......I`m literally sitting on the edge of my seat as I`m typing this........
sorry about that pause I was just putting on my tinfoil hat,gotta watch out for those gay microwaves dontcha know,because I get the feeling we`re getting into that sort of territory with this poster.:azn:

SAYYAD-2.jpg

It is an anti air missile. There are footages of its tests too.

This is one of the dumbest things, I have ever read.

Congrats

It is an anti air missile. There are footages of its tests too.

Of.course it is an anti aircraft missile...he doesn't know what he is talking about..any way Sayyad newer missile is almost same as Chinese PL12 and considering many advanced Iranian new radars are based on Chinese advanced technology designs I would bet they also transfer some missile technology...Missile external design like Standard missile are implemented on bunch of Air defense missiles...for example SA-11 BUK-M1(older missiles)....Chinese PL12 ...There are even air lunched anti radiation and antiship variant but not used widely.When it comes to air defense missiles they could very easily be converted to balistic or even antiship missiles...for example Sayad 1 and Sayad 1A use same missile design like HQ2 and also same missile is used as Tondar balistic missile...so

Of.course it is an anti aircraft missile...he doesn't know what he is talking about..any way Sayyad newer missile is almost same as Chinese PL12 and considering many advanced Iranian new radars are based on Chinese advanced technology designs I would bet they also transfer some missile technology...Missile external design like Standard missile are implemented on bunch of Air defense missiles...for example SA-11 BUK-M1(older missiles)....Chinese PL12 ...There are even air lunched anti radiation and antiship variant but not used widely.When it comes to air defense missiles they could very easily be converted to balistic or even antiship missiles...for example Sayad 1 and Sayad 1A use same missile design like HQ2 and also same missile is used as Tondar balistic missile...so

Considering most of the Chinese military is simple Soviet/Russian knock offs. You are mistaken.

Most new radars are of Russian origin. Radars is an area that Russia and iran have done arms transfer for years.

So please explain which of the following “many new advanced radars” are Chinese origin?

I think eventually, just like drones, all same role missiles are going to look more and less the same as the optimum physical shape for any type of duty couldn't be more than one or two different variations. Given that, I think judging about technology transfer just based on the shape of the missile is not correct.

Back
Top Bottom