What's new

Iranian, Afghan, Tajik Presidents Meet in Kabul

I find this hard to believe because i have read many books on the Moghal empire and they never permanently settled in South Asia, especially not among the natives. The Moghals built many monuments and founded some new towns and cities in Pakistan and India, but they were mostly populated with Indians. The Moghals essentially were an exclusive ruling clique that were racist against the South Asian natives and mostly lived wholly separate lives from them in a mobile, 'capital' tent city in the fashion of traditional Turkic custom of being nomadic.

Persian culture that the Moghals adopted was just an elitist culture they borrowed from the Safavids, it wasnt shared with the natives, although they may well indeed have at times tried to force their stamp on them for the sake of obedience and humiliation.

I suspect that this guest on that TV show is probably somebody who is just fascinated with Persian culture and traditions, but the rest sounds like bullshit that he made up.

I never understood Indians and Pakistanis that praise their invaders and conquerors.

I think you have some preconceived hatred towards Pakistanis and Indians, I saw you fighting with razpak and you assumed he was Hindu for some reason? Even though he is not Hindu I find it funny you consider that some sort of insult when Indians have 1 Billion Hindus and indirectly you were insulting them as well.

Anyway your information on the Mughals is obviously wrong but that is not surprising in the least, Lahore served as the capital of the Mughal empire for longer than a decade and the Mughals did mingle with the natives as they realized it was the best way to maintain their rule. Besides the first two Mughal emperors the rest all considered themselves Hindustanis and most had locals who were their mothers. This obviously had an effect on how they viewed their subjects, as for Persian customs it is well known that Persian was the language of the Mughal court and they adopted Persian customs and encouraged it amongst the people but calling it safavid customs is wrong rather they were Turkic customs which were picked up by the Turks when Iran was still a Sunni Muslim territory.

Most people actually get proud when others celebrate their traditions as they do but apparently you find it insulting so I will leave you to it.

sir , i was looking for a good urdu-farsi learning program , i didnt find any !

do you know any urdu to english one ?

I know urduword.com is a pretty good website and even shows roman Urdu pronunciation along with written. You can pick up some bits and pieces a lot of Urdu uses words that you probably already know from farsi.

I think you have some preconceived hatred towards Pakistanis and Indians, I saw you fighting with razpak and you assumed he was Hindu for some reason? Even though he is not Hindu I find it funny you consider that some sort of insult when Indians have 1 Billion Hindus and indirectly you were insulting them as well.
@ای ایران
he is right bro , please calm down a little .

Might be better than yours :D

Zara suna bhi doh bhai, in my local deli is an Afghan he speaks perfect Urdu I swear I thought he was Pakistani until he told me he was from Afghanistan but spent time in Karachi. He always gives me discounts cool dude. :-)

@haman10 @Missile
Thanks for the information!:tup:
It's a new year of old Iranian religion called Zoroastrianism. Nowadays the follower of that religion are Parsis. As far I understand its their new year. But Iranian celebrates it as a festival not as a religious thing. It's just like Muharam the start of new Islamic year. Or January start of Christian year. As far I understand. But it's new thing for me I am keen to know more about.

Anyway your information on the Mughals is obviously wrong but that is not surprising in the least, Lahore served as the capital of the Mughal empire for longer than a decade and the Mughals did mingle with the natives as they realized it was the best way to maintain their rule. Besides the first two Mughal emperors the rest all considered themselves Hindustanis and most had locals who were their mothers. This obviously had an effect on how they viewed their subjects, as for Persian customs it is well known that Persian was the language of the Mughal court and they adopted Persian customs and encouraged it amongst the people but calling it safavid customs is wrong rather they were Turkic customs which were picked up by the Turks when Iran was still a Sunni Muslim territory.

Most people actually get proud when others celebrate their traditions as they do but apparently you find it insulting so I will leave you to it.

I know urduword.com is a pretty good website and even shows roman Urdu pronunciation along with written. You can pick up some bits and pieces a lot of Urdu uses words that you probably already know from farsi.
What did he say about Hindus bro?

It's a new year of old Iranian religion called Zoroastrianism. Nowadays the follower of that religion are Parsis. As far I understand its their new year. But Iranian celebrates it as a festival not as a religious thing. It's just like Muharam the start of new Islamic year. Or January start of Christian year. As far I understand. But it's new thing for me I am keen to know more about.
Good to hear bro, we also have Parsis in India but I have yet to meet one. :(
All these Asian/Middle Eastern Cultures are very interesting to learn about in my own opinion.

Good question. Pakistan has nothing to do with Nowruz or Persian civilization so i dont know why Hamid Karzai invited some Pakistanis to attend. Probably he was just being polite because you are their neighbour. Either that, or because he had a separate meeting with the Pakistanis from the one he had with Iranian and Tajik officials.
Actually , Karzai use to live Quetta and still has home their. Plus lots of Afghan minister has home in Pakistan.

Zara suna bhi doh bhai, in my local deli is an Afghan he speaks perfect Urdu I swear I thought he was Pakistani until he told me he was from Afghanistan but spent time in Karachi. He always gives me discounts cool dude. :-)

Kiya sunaoon bhai? rehte kahan ho aap? with my fluent Urdu speaking I also have a very good Urdu accent; you will not recognize me as an Afghan if i talk in Urdu :lol:

What did he say about Hindus bro?

Good to hear bro, we also have Parsis in India but I have yet to meet one. :(
All these Asian/Middle Eastern Cultures are very interesting to learn about in my own opinion.
Me too I love to have one Parsi friend preference could be different. I saw their culture in many indian movies specially movies based on Goa. Pakistan has some Parsi community but they all based in Karachi ,far away where I live.:(

Persian culture that the Moghals adopted was just an elitist culture they borrowed from the Safavids, it wasnt shared with the natives, although they may well indeed have at times tried to force their stamp on them for the sake of obedience and humiliation.

I suspect that this guest on that TV show is probably somebody who is just fascinated with Persian culture and traditions, but the rest sounds like bullshit that he made up.

I never understood Indians and Pakistanis that praise their invaders and conquerors.

You seem to have some sort of misunderstanding about Pakistanis here. No one in Pakistan is claiming your culture or festivals as their own; we don't celebrate them nor do we care about them. And I don't even know what that idiot of a president of ours is doing there :lol:

Honestly, you Iranians are working too hard to make it seem like our world is buzzing around you :laugh:

Kiya sunaoon bhai? rehte kahan ho aap? with my fluent Urdu speak I also have a very good Urdu accent; you will not recognize me as an Afghan if i talk in Urdu :lol:

Nyc meh rehta houn aur aap, Kabul kah kyah haal hai? :D Yeah I know he had perfect accent as well better than mine. :lol:

No, my 'information' on the Moghals comes from published books you can buy off Amazon and find in the libraries of university history departments. The Moghals had administrative centres, or capitals if you want to call it that, like Fatehpur Sikri, Delhi, and so on, but they did not stay idle in these places. They mostly travelled around in a mobile court that over the generations, swelled into a massive, mobile tent city. Unlike the Ottomans and the mass migration of Turks into Anatolia, the Moghals were a small, ruling clique, that did not settle in large numbers in South Asia.

I know that it is the fantasy of many Indians and Pakistanis to claim some sort of ethnic or ancestral connection to the Moghals, but this is not supported by any evidence or facts. It is just a fantasy of some people.

The truth is, that the Moghals were a small, patriarchal and racist elite of Timurids that drew on the support of Iranian and Tajik employees, that were also pretty racist, in alliance with Indian chieftains known as Rajputs that had to pay tributes and send their men as auxiliary soldiers so that their society could retain some semblance of independence, except for taxation.

The only glamorous thing about the Moghals was the monuments they left behind and the hidden elitist World they lived in. The rest is a pretty grim history of conquest, plunder, racism and an inglorious humiliation they suffered first by Nader Shah, by Indian rebels, Afghan rebels and finally extinction by the British empire.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom