What's new

Iranian, Afghan, Tajik Presidents Meet in Kabul

No, my 'information' on the Moghals comes from published books you can buy off Amazon and find in the libraries of university history departments. The Moghals had administrative centres, or capitals if you want to call it that, like Fatehpur Sikri, Delhi, and so on, but they did not stay idle in these places. They mostly travelled around in a mobile court that over the generations, swelled into a massive, mobile tent city. Unlike the Ottomans and the mass migration of Turks into Anatolia, the Moghals were a small, ruling clique, that did not settle in large numbers in South Asia.

I know that it is the fantasy of many Indians and Pakistanis to claim some sort of ethnic or ancestral connection to the Moghals, but this is not supported by any evidence or facts. It is just a fantasy of some people.

The truth is, that the Moghals were a small, patriarchal and racist elite of Timurids hat drew on the support of Iranian and Tajik employees, that were also pretty racist, in alliance with Indian chieftains known as Rajputs that had to pay tributes and send their men as auxiliary soldiers so that their society could retain some semblance of independence, except for taxation.

The only glamarous thing about the Moghals was the monuments they left behind and the hidden elitist World they lived in. The rest is a pretty grim history of conquest, plunder, racism and an inglorious humilation they suffered first by Nader Shah, by Indian rebels, Afghan rebels and finally extinction by the British empire.
I don't know about Pakistanis and I won't speak for them but most Indians like to distance ourselves from Mughals, claiming Mughal ancestry in India is considered taboo and the only people that look up to them are a small portion of our Muslim community. I myself am a descendant of the Rajput rebels against the Mughals.

Nyc meh rehta houn aur aap, Kabul kah kyah haal hai? :D Yeah I know he had perfect accent as well better than mine. :lol:

Acha hai theek chal raha sab kuch thora dehshad gardi ke alerts hain election ki wajah se but rest is fine tumhare president ki wajah se aaj ziyada tar sarkain band the dherr ganta laga mujhe ghar pohonchne main :angry:

No, my 'information' on the Moghals comes from published books you can buy off Amazon and find in the libraries of university history departments. The Moghals had administrative centres, or capitals if you want to call it that, like Fatehpur Sikri, Delhi, and so on, but they did not stay idle in these places. They mostly travelled around in a mobile court that over the generations, swelled into a massive, mobile tent city. Unlike the Ottomans and the mass migration of Turks into Anatolia, the Moghals were a small, ruling clique, that did not settle in large numbers in South Asia.

I know that it is the fantasy of many Indians and Pakistanis to claim some sort of ethnic or ancestral connection to the Moghals, but this is not supported by any evidence or facts. It is just a fantasy of some people.

The truth is, that the Moghals were a small, patriarchal and racist elite of Timurids hat drew on the support of Iranian and Tajik employees, that were also pretty racist, in alliance with Indian chieftains known as Rajputs that had to pay tributes and send their men as auxiliary soldiers so that their society could retain some semblance of independence, except for taxation.

The only glamarous thing about the Moghals was the monuments they left behind and the hidden elitist World they lived in. The rest is a pretty grim history of conquest, plunder, racism and an inglorious humilation they suffered first by Nader Shah, by Indian rebels, Afghan rebels and finally extinction by the British empire.

It is true that at first they did live by themselves and such but like I said they did open up to the natives although at the chagrin of the Turkics who were pretty racist, yeah they were moving around a lot but their capital also depended on which part of the empire they were fighting in, like when Lahore was the capital they were busy on their western borders then at times it shifted to central India like Agra, Delhi and then Aurangzeb took it to the Deccan during Maratha wars. LOL there is only one Pakistani on this forum of hundreds that claims Mughal descent and 0 Indians who claim as such, get your facts right. :D

Acha hai theek chal raha sab kuch thora dehshad gardi ke alerts hain election ki wajah se but rest is fine tumhare president ki wajah se aaj ziyada tar sarkain band the dherr ganta laga mujhe ghar pohonchne main :angry:

Pahta nai kyoun humara sadar chalagaiya hai Afghanistan bongiya maarne :lol: usko Karzai neh hi toh bulaiya tha uske saath ghusa karo. :p:

Vah ji vah, ye aapne Urdu kider se sikhi? :D

It is true that at first they did live by themselves and such but like I said they did open up to the natives although at the chagrin of the Turkics who were pretty racist, yeah they were moving around a lot but their capital also depended on which part of the empire they were fighting in, like when Lahore was the capital they were busy on their western borders then at times it shifted to central India like Agra, Delhi and then Aurangzeb took it to the Deccan during Maratha wars. LOL there is only one Pakistani on this forum of hundreds that claims Mughal descent and 0 Indians who claim as such, get your facts right. :D

Goli mar is insecure pagal ko, iska har post Pakistan ke khilaf hi hota hai :lol:

Yar khan bhai tarde ker lo humara president rakh lo 10 KG badam Bej do. Ye pata nahe wahan lene kiya gya tha.

Pahta nai kyoun humara sadar chalagaiya hai Afghanistan bongiya maarne :lol: usko Karzai neh hi toh bulaiya tha uske saath ghusa karo. :p:

Lol Farsi seekhne ki training par aya hoga :lol: wese koi baat nahi Pakistani bhai hain humare agay bhi parties main zaroor invite hongay :enjoy:

Yar khan bhai tarde ker lo humara president rakh lo 10 KG badam Bej do. Ye pata nahe wahan lene kiya gya tha.

Tumhare president aur badam par zaroor bargain karonga 10 KG ziyada hai bhai :lol:

Vah ji vah, ye aapne Urdu kider se sikhi? :D

Pakistani friends se :D

Lol Farsi seekhne ki training par aya hoga :lol: wese koi baat nahi Pakistani bhai hain humare agay bhi parties main zaroor invite hongay :enjoy:

Tumhare president aur badam par zaroor bargain karonga 10 KG ziyada hai bhai :lol:
Khan bhai humain pata hai humara maal theek nahe hai. But 10 KG phir bhi banta hai. Sath main us kay shoes aur coat bhi rakh lo. Chalo tie bhi le lo.

Charsi tikka kia hota haa ? bhai jaan.............lolzzz

Malang baba chilling...(white dude in Malang formation with gaaawwwd stuff)..lol
volunteer-with-baba-nepalgunj-nepal+1152_12985410051-tpfil02aw-7926.jpg

Khan bhai humain pata hai humara maal theek nahe hai. But 10 KG phir bhi banta hai. Sath main us kay shoes aur coat bhi rakh lo. Chalo tie bhi le lo.

Aur kiya reh gaya? presidential banyan? :lol:

Charsi tikka kia hota haa ? bhai jaan.............lolzzz

Malang baba chilling...
volunteer-with-baba-nepalgunj-nepal+1152_12985410051-tpfil02aw-7926.jpg

Lol charsi tikka charsi banda banata hai :lol:

Aur kiya reh gaya? presidential banyan? :lol:

Lol charsi tikka charsi banda banata hai :lol:
Khan bhai wo nahe dain gain wo new president ki amanat hote hai. Akhiri offer hai le lo nahe tu pichay se bhi bolao gay tu nahe aoon ga. :big_boss:

I think you have some preconceived hatred towards Pakistanis and Indians, I saw you fighting with razpak and you assumed he was Hindu for some reason? Even though he is not Hindu I find it funny you consider that some sort of insult when Indians have 1 Billion Hindus and indirectly you were insulting them as well.

Anyway your information on the Mughals is obviously wrong but that is not surprising in the least, Lahore served as the capital of the Mughal empire for longer than a decade and the Mughals did mingle with the natives as they realized it was the best way to maintain their rule. Besides the first two Mughal emperors the rest all considered themselves Hindustanis and most had locals who were their mothers. This obviously had an effect on how they viewed their subjects, as for Persian customs it is well known that Persian was the language of the Mughal court and they adopted Persian customs and encouraged it amongst the people but calling it safavid customs is wrong rather they were Turkic customs which were picked up by the Turks when Iran was still a Sunni Muslim territory.

Most people actually get proud when others celebrate their traditions as they do but apparently you find it insulting so I will leave you to it.

I know urduword.com is a pretty good website and even shows roman Urdu pronunciation along with written. You can pick up some bits and pieces a lot of Urdu uses words that you probably already know from farsi.
that guy is a tool. just ignore. I think he just came back from storm front after being bullied by whites. lol

I find this hard to believe because i have read many books on the Moghal empire and they never permanently settled in South Asia, especially not among the natives. The Moghals built many monuments and founded some new towns and cities in Pakistan and India, but they were mostly populated with Indians. The Moghals essentially were an exclusive ruling clique that were racist against the South Asian natives and mostly lived wholly separate lives from them in a mobile, 'capital' tent city in the fashion of traditional Turkic custom of being nomadic.

Persian culture that the Moghals adopted was just an elitist culture they borrowed from the Safavids, it wasnt shared with the natives, although they may well indeed have at times tried to force their stamp on them for the sake of obedience and humiliation.

I suspect that this guest on that TV show is probably somebody who is just fascinated with Persian culture and traditions, but the rest sounds like bullshit that he made up.

I never understood Indians and Pakistanis that praise their invaders and conquerors.
borrowed from the Safavids ! dude for GOD'S sake give me a break man, the Mughals looked down upon the Safavids , yes the Mughals admired the Ottomans Turks & also accepted the Sultans of the Ottoman as Caliphs (a Symbolic gesture) for respect the Mughals were to great to be impressed by the your Savfavid kingdom, so please keep your persion superiority complex to your self

Back
Top Bottom