What's new

Iranian, Afghan, Tajik Presidents Meet in Kabul

Interesting, but it makes no sense for Pakistanis to celebrate Nowruz because they have no relationship with Zoroastrianism and their climate and seasons are different from Iran. Spring time in Iran is the same as in Europe, but spring in countries like Pakistan and India starts earlier than it does in Iran and doesnt last as long.

Your are right, the guest of that TV show was a Pakistani and he was saying that the Mughals brought their tradition of celebrating Nawroz in Lahore since then it's being celebrated by Pakistanis here; said alot on buying dresses, sweets, public gatherings, elephant fights but not regarding 'haft mewa' / 'haft seen' and other customes.

It is possible if human sir is saying.
No one born and brought up in a non English speaking country will have perfect English but I can read and understand what you are saying perfectly fine. It's all about practice mate. :)

By the way can anyone tell me what Nowruz is and explain how it is celebrated?

It is possible if human sir is saying.
as u said , we both are not native eng. speakers .

we both should work on our english fluency

No one born and brought up in a non English speaking country will have perfect English but I can read and understand what you are saying perfectly fine. It's all about practice mate. :)

nowruz is traditional iranian festival of new iranian year .

the new year is marked by Spring Equinox each year .

it dates back to thousands of years ago

Nowruz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your are right, the guest of that TV show was a Pakistani and he was saying that the Mughals brought their tradition of celebrating Nawroz in Lahore since then it's being celebrated by Pakistanis here; said alot on

It is Persian, but was originally the Zoroastrian new year. Now, it is the new year of Persians, Kurds and some Afghan groups (Tajiks and anyone else who follows the Iranian calendar). Nowruz is also celebrated in Azerbaijan Republic, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Krygistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmentistan and Russian Tatarstan, and also by Parsis in India - but for these groups, it is not their new year, just a spring celebration because they all use the Western Gregorian calendar as their official calendars.

Only Iran and Afghanistan use the Iranian calendar, which is loosely based on the Zoroastrian calendar and has Nowruz (the spring equinox) as the new year.
Another guy told me this and I am searching it now. I am doing search on zoros.

no bro , i was kidding .

there will be no issue and our ties will grow no matter what .

9 out of 10 candidates are very good and educated people .

but i honestly think ghotb al-din halal will cause problems for afghans if elected

So you have very good knowledge of our presidential candidates? :D

Qutbudin Helal will not get much votes coz he belongs to Hezb-e-Islami party of Afghanistan the leader of that party is Gulbudin Hekmatyar currently based in Shamshatu area of Peshawar Pakistan and dictates his followers in Afghanistan from there. The party lost it's image in Afghan civil war otherwise it was the strongest Islamic resistance party of Afghanistan against USSR.

But for us his bid in presidential election has a plus point coz his party was our 'armed opposition' from last 12 years; it will motivate their command and followers in living a peaceful life.

Interesting, but it makes no sense for Pakistanis to celebrate Nowruz because they have no relationship with Zoroastrianism and their climate and seasons are different from Iran. Spring time in Iran is the same as in Europe, but spring in countries like Pakistan and India starts earlier than it does in Iran and doesnt last as long.

Our parsis celebrate it probably same as you guys do in Iran but for the rest it probably just like another Eid.

So you have very good knowledge of our presidential candidates?
afghanistan is our brother neighbor , having enough info is very much needed :D

Qutbudin Helal will not get much votes coz he belongs to Hezb-e-Islami party of Afghanistan the leader of that party is Gulbudin Hekmatyar currently based in Shamshatu area of Peshawar Pakistan and dictates his followers in Afghanistan from there. The party lost it's image in Afghan civil war otherwise it was the strongest Islamic resistance party of Afghanistan against USSR.
But for us his bid in presidential election has a plus point coz his party was our 'armed opposition' from last 12 years; it will motivate their command and followers in living a peaceful life
good !

seriously i even heard his party's followers were fighting alongside taliban to topple the govt !!

if thats true , i am surprised how he was cleared for participation !

Your are right, the guest of that TV show was a Pakistani and he was saying that the Mughals brought their tradition of celebrating Nawroz in Lahore since then it's being celebrated by Pakistanis here; said alot on buying dresses, sweets, public gatherings, elephant fights but not regarding 'haft mewa' / 'haft seen' and other customes.
I find this hard to believe because i have read many books on the Moghal empire and they never permanently settled in South Asia, especially not among the natives. The Moghals built many monuments and founded some new towns and cities in Pakistan and India, but they were mostly populated with Indians. The Moghals essentially were an exclusive ruling clique that were racist against the South Asian natives and mostly lived wholly separate lives from them in a mobile, 'capital' tent city in the fashion of traditional Turkic custom of being nomadic.

Persian culture that the Moghals adopted was just an elitist culture they borrowed from the Safavids, it wasnt shared with the natives, although they may well indeed have at times tried to force their stamp on them for the sake of obedience and humiliation.

I suspect that this guest on that TV show is probably somebody who is just fascinated with Persian culture and traditions, but the rest sounds like bullshit that he made up.

I never understood Indians and Pakistanis that praise their invaders and conquerors.

Watching geo tv hmm? :enjoy: How good is your Urdu? :D

Our parsis celebrate it probably same as you guys do in Iran but for the rest it probably just like another Eid.
There arent many Parsis in Pakistan, only a few thousand at most. But probably just a few hundred, almost all live in Karachi. They moved to what is now Pakistan only in the 19th century from western India. I studied a higher education course on Zoroastrianism and Zoroastrian history when i was at university and one of my teacher's was a Parsi.

Brother it's not islamic religious festival. It's is a festival just like basant. And eid is a different thing. It's just like Muharim an Islamic new year. As far as I understand. And it's new year of an old religion called Zoroastrianism. Now a days followers of this religion known as parsi.

Back
Top Bottom