What's new

Iran to Teach High School Students How to Hunt Drones

Hope it's just another chapter in defense prepration book not a new book.

But honestly I think it is waste of paper and time
The lessons would have been far more peoductive if they were on how people can secure their computers against NSA snooping and how they keep secrets and not leak them while chatting and in a big jungle called WWW

NSA won’t be looking after computer information of the average Iranian, just government.
You could educate them for 3 years about pc security and IT still they would be able to hack in their computers, it’s not possible unless Iran isolates Iran’s network and builds a protecting system for the entire Iranian network which would probably still easily be hacked by an intelligence agency as it would block too much abilities securing such a large network from their attacks.

NSA won’t be looking after computer information of the average Iranian, just government.
You could educate them for 3 years about pc security and IT still they would be able to hack in their computers, it’s not possible unless Iran isolates Iran’s network and builds a protecting system for the entire Iranian network which would probably still easily be hacked by an intelligence agency as it would block too much abilities securing such a large network from their attacks.

More than 95% of the case of hacking and 99% of infection of pcs with viruses are the case of the user being clueless

And NSA is looking at anybody not just government

More than 95% of the case of hacking and 99% of infection of pcs with viruses are the case of the user being clueless

And NSA is looking at anybody not just government

They can educate them the basics, IT students can learn more but even they cannot stand against an intelligence agency let alone the US if they really want to target their computers.

Troll, Iran never made a sniper designed specifically for apache...
even if we would claim that, it wouldn't be any problem, these idiots think a tank is flying up there, to understand what exactly is its mighty armor ( if I could even call it armor), watch this following documentary about it's production line:
مستند ابرکارخانه ها : هلیکوپتر آپاچی Megafactories: Apache Helicopter
no wonder every few months they claim for a system failure after each crash in Afghanistan.
unfortunately Taliban troops just aim the ominous parts.:)

Serpentine

Why have you deleted my comments? Yet you did not delete the comments from the trolls?

Serpentine

Why have you deleted my comments? Yet you did not delete the comments from the trolls?

You can respond to comments which you think are not true without name calling or being so much offensive. Then your comments won't be deleted.

Is this going to be along the same lines as the Anti-AH-64 Apache Snipers?

I don't remember if we have any sniper to be used especially against Ah-64 Apache.
If you mean that 20mm sniper, then it's used against common helicopters, not Apache which happens to have a strong armor. We never said it's an Anti-Apache sniper.

I don't remember if we have any sniper to be used especially against Ah-64 Apache.
If you mean that 20mm sniper, then it's used against common helicopters, not Apache which happens to have a strong armor. We never said it's an Anti-Apache sniper.

That's what the claims were by many Iranian members in that thread.

That's what the claims were by many Iranian members in that thread.

The official report of the defense ministry was that it could be used against helicopters and indeed it can be useful for light-armored or semi-heavy armored helis. Iranian members may claim it's useful for shooting down space shuttles, doesn't mean it's true.

The official report of the defense ministry was that it could be used against helicopters and indeed it can be useful for light-armored or semi-heavy armored helis. Iranian members may claim it's useful for shooting down space shuttles, doesn't mean it's true.

Im not very sure of its usefulness in that regard either. Since the Taliban have tried such approaches and failed miserably. This effort seems worth naught as well as it may lead to certain zealous teenagers picking up guns and weapons to attack civilian aircraft or even those of the IRIAF. Examples of where this has happened can be found in WWII histories where German Children were encouraged to operate AAA ended up shooting down FW-190's thinking they were P-51s.

Im not very sure of its usefulness in that regard either. Since the Taliban have tried such approaches and failed miserably. This effort seems worth naught as well as it may lead to certain zealous teenagers picking up guns and weapons to attack civilian aircraft or even those of the IRIAF. Examples of where this has happened can be found in WWII histories where German Children were encouraged to operate AAA ended up shooting down FW-190's thinking they were P-51s.

You may be right, but they can also be used against military convoys, cars and even persons for its psychological aspects. It's a 20mm gun and can have a good effect on its target.
Besides, Iran now has a huge paramilitary force with military training that can be useful in case of war and this weapon is not fit for children and the situation is much different than WWII. I don't think children can even move that gun to a different position.

If someone can shoot down an IRIAF jet with this 20mm sniper, we should give them highest medal of honor, even if they are the enemy. :P

You may be right, but they can also be used against military convoys, cars and even persons for its psychological aspects. It's a 20mm gun and can have a good effect on its target.
Besides, Iran now has a huge paramilitary force with military training that can be useful in case of war and this weapon is not fit for children and the situation is much different than WWII. I don't think children can even move that gun to a different position.

If someone can shoot down an IRIAF jet with this 20mm sniper, we should give them highest medal of honor, even if they are the enemy. :P

I was referring to Children as in 15-16 year olds being given training on any weapon to shoot down drones. But in either case, High school students should not be involved in warfare training if it detracts from their own work. As an Anti-material Rifle it may have some effects on light armor and soft skin vehicles..but that is pretty much it.

I was referring to Children as in 15-16 year olds being given training on any weapon to shoot down drones. But in either case, High school students should not be involved in warfare training if it detracts from their own work. As an Anti-material Rifle it may have some effects on light armor and soft skin vehicles..but that is pretty much it.

But I think it's more directed at hacking simple drones, not shooting them down. I don't think teenagers can easily shoot down a tiny drone. It's some kind of increasing public awareness and a basis start. Certainly, not everyone who passes this course can bring down a drone, but it's for those who are interested in it and may pursue the education.

And even if it's intended for shooting down those drones, I don't think it has any harm in it, those teenagers are growing old and they are not supposed to shoot down a drone the day after they learned it in a book. It's purpose is to make all areas in the country unsafe for any kind of drone, it may have a preventive psychological aspect for itself.

FYI, boys in Iran pass two very basic defense courses before they graduate from high school, so don't worry about them, if these courses supposed to ruin their mind, we would see it many years ago.
these courses are mostly theoretical ( your exam is your book) and personally during them I only saw a real weapon only one time, and that was for assemble/disassemble of it.
regarding these so called drone haunt, no one is gonna grab an electronic device and hack a drone or grab a gun to practice shooting flying targets, these are just your imagination, as usual they only will get familiar with the concept and role of drones in the battlefield, their weakness or advantages or even maybe the concept of electronic warfare, that's It.

by the way, did you see the video, that mighty armor!

FYI, boys in Iran pass two very basic defense courses before they graduate from high school, so don't worry about them, if these courses supposed to ruin their mind, we would see it many years ago.
these courses are mostly theoretical ( your exam is your book) and personally during them I only saw a real weapon only one time, and that was for assemble/disassemble of it.
regarding these so called drone haunt, no one is gonna grab an electronic device and hack a drone or grab a gun to practice shooting flying targets, these are just your imagination, as usual they only will get familiar with the concept and role of drones in the battlefield, their weakness or advantages or even maybe the concept of electronic warfare, that's It.

by the way, did you see the video, that mighty armor!

Then its a very misleading title and content for the news isnt it.

Back
Top Bottom