What's new

Iran to Purchase Sukhoi-30 Fighter Jets From Russia

I thought we were supposed to sell you stuff instead of Russia when we lifted sanctions. :angry:

With ToT? Like this: Post-Nuke Deal Iran Wants To Build Russian Su-30 Fighters And A New Advanced Tank

But on serious side, a rapprochement with Iran is in the best interests of both Iran and US. Both can enormously benefit from it as US and China did when US reached out to China in 1970's.

And by the way Russian military tech is not bad either, at least it does fire:

On the contrary, Chinese developments are not fully built in China or by Chinese firms. For example J-10 uses western avionics and engines. So even if we are in good terms with China, if West decides to put a sanction on Iran again, that means the J-10s will not be delivered or serviced.

The electronics and avionics aboard all J-10 variants are Chinese, while the J-10B/C uses a Chinese WS-10B engine.

Here is a link to the WS-10 info that is rumored to power J-10. As you can see it is rooted back to GE CFM-56II. While China produces from A to Z of almost anything, most of the are under license of western companies. Please remember that not honoring copy rights has grave consequences for China. So they can't just copy an American jet engine. As you can see they bought the original model from GE. Such developments come with hundreds of patents that are under control of the original manufacturer who can pose limitations on its use whenever it wants. So even if they change it from the original design, they are still bound by patents for any parts that may have remained the same as original one.

Shenyang WS-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In case of SU-30 the most important parts are all Russian or are easily replaceable by Russian counterparts.

Lastly I'm quoting Iran's defense minister. I trust him when he says he has closely examined J-10 and the power plants and avionics are Western.

The WS-10 isn't under any sort of license. It may have had technical links to the CFM56, but nothing suggests that it is subject to any export laws of a particular company or country. Having the WS-10 allows the J-10B/C to be exported.

The J-10's radars and ECM/EW systems are sourced from Chinese institutes and/or companies. There is no evidence to suggests that they have anything to do with "Western designs". Keep in mind that the arms embargo prevents the Chinese from obtaining such blueprints (assuming that such blueprints are of significant value to the Chinese in the first place).

our options and budget are limits ...
We are going to buy Su 30 , then continue work on Qaher F313 .... our main problem is engine ...

maybe because Chinese even refused to continue in our Anti Ships cruise missile programs !? we need production line and technology transformation , and I'm sure china won't accept to transfer J-31 technology to us .

The cancellation of Chinese involvement in Iranian anti-ship missiles was for the most part due to American pressure.

The electronics and avionics aboard all J-10 variants are Chinese, while the J-10B/C uses a Chinese WS-10B engine.

The WS-10 isn't under any sort of license. It may have had technical links to the CFM56, but nothing suggests that it is subject to any export laws of a particular company or country. Having the WS-10 allows the J-10B/C to be exported.

The J-10's radars and ECM/EW systems are sourced from Chinese institutes and/or companies. There is no evidence to suggests that they have anything to do with "Western designs". Keep in mind that the arms embargo prevents the Chinese from obtaining such blueprints (assuming that such blueprints are of significant value to the Chinese in the first place).

The cancellation of Chinese involvement in Iranian anti-ship missiles was for the most part due to American pressure.

But why would you renege on a contract due to American pressure? Surely China isn't out to be allies with the US.

But why would you renege on a contract due to American pressure? Surely China isn't out to be allies with the US.

No, but do keep in that the cancellation occurred in the late 1980s, when the Chinese were undergoing their own equivalent of Perestroika and were opening their markets to Western investments. Another factor was American-led arms deal with Taiwan.

Well, because Iran had been put under UN Chapter 7. All nations of the world expected Iran to be destroyed and the Iranian state dismantled.

You see Iran is the first country that came out from beneath Chapter 7, unharmed. All other countries that were put under Chapter 7 were bombed/invaded or permanently destroyed using economic and proxy forces.

Iran surviving Chapter 7, proved to the world that they are dealing with a power and not with a banana republic.

Even if today, they put back all the sanctions on Iran, the point has been made and will stand on its own (though I think this time around if they mess up with Iran as EU3 had done in 2003, then Iran will become nuclear armed since it would mean these bunch only understand the hard tongue).

Uhhhmmm maybe..... If I knew what it is? :ashamed:

Transfer of Technology, dude. This is phrase is the bread and butter on PDF. But it is fully understandable for an American not to know it! After all that is the ultimate source. :D

Transfer of Technology, dude. This is phrase is the bread and butter on PDF.
I hate acronyms.
But it is fully understandable for an American not to know it! After all that is the ultimate source. :D
:o: Foul! :warning2:

396px-Referees.jpg

:P

this will funny , even Pakistanis want to buy in Su-30 ... When we were under sanctions , both Pakistan and India helped us behind scene and sell some spare part to us , even India helped us to overhaul Mig23/27 ...

There have been lots of discussions by Pakistani Air Force officials and their decision now is to stick to single engine fighters. They will develop a mixed fleet of JF-17, J-10B(still pending confirmation from China) and F-16s in the coming ten years according to their former air force chief.

I am glad we could help you despite the mutual distrust between us and Pakistan.

Iran should use this opportunity to get at least a 150 Su-30IR so as to get its assembling done in Iran itself. Besides, we are Russia's official partners in helping with Su-30 logistics in Asia. We cooperate closely with Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesian militaries who have these jets.

Iran would be an excellent welcome to the group.

It will make almost 85%-90% of Asian air forces operating Sukhois or MiGs in some form.

I thought we were supposed to sell you stuff instead of Russia when we lifted sanctions. :angry:

You forget that we are still under USA national sanctions ...

and what will happen if USA put pressure on them again !?

Su 30
azpy_1166578.png

Su35
83ke_457125.png

source : sputnik

side note , we already reverse engineered some part of Mig 29s and for sure we can make some parts of Su-30 in Iran ( like Pilot Seat - landing gear , air frame and so on ) ...

we will pay for Transform of Technology and production line , but in other hand we will save money by makeing some of Su 30 in our country ...

it will be a huge relief to Iran......their Air Force has lagging WAY behind on the qualitative front but then again credit is due where its earned. They've made-do with what they could, given sanctions.

This will be a huge boost to the capabilities of the IRIAF :tup:

man you all are trolling the hell out of us now.

can't blame you. we got a parasite known as Israel sucking the blood out of us so I guess we deserve it

the onus really was on the US to be more pragmatic, but US is hostage to lobby groups and vested interests

surprise you all didn't get get Su-27/30s sooner

if the Russians and the US/West/NATO werent at logger heads and this was 2010 or early 2011 (before the Arab spring and all the madness that ensued) I can guarantee you Moscow wouldnt risk the political backlash. Now it's just a free-for-all and Moscow is emboldened to do what it feels is necessary. With sanctions being lifted slowly slowly it's also giving confidence to countries that want to do business with Iran

A lot of beer-gut gun loving Texans in Houston the energy capital of the world are also im sure drawing up plans to set up shop in Iran to dig some holes in the ground eventually as well, i would imagine. Shell, Exxon and all of them

Well, because Iran had been put under UN Chapter 7. All nations of the world expected Iran to be destroyed and the Iranian state dismantled.

You see Iran is the first country that came out from beneath Chapter 7, unharmed. All other countries that were put under Chapter 7 were bombed/invaded or permanently destroyed using economic and proxy forces.

Iran surviving Chapter 7, proved to the world that they are dealing with a power and not with a banana republic.

Even if today, they put back all the sanctions on Iran, the point has been made and will stand on its own (though I think this time around if they mess up with Iran as EU3 had done in 2003, then Iran will become nuclear armed since it would mean these bunch only understand the hard tongue).

Transfer of Technology, dude. This is phrase is the bread and butter on PDF. But it is fully understandable for an American not to know it! After all that is the ultimate source. :D

Wasn't the BS nuclear UNSC CH7 after the Chinese Cruise missile deal? The missile cooperation was in the late 80s/early 90s was it not?

Forget military jets.IranAir also opts for B-737 and B-777 from Boeing.USA governmet on the other hand is killing time.so you should hurry up before IranAir orders more Airbus jets instead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom