What's new

Iran to Purchase Sukhoi-30 Fighter Jets From Russia

I just searched about Indian Su30 , look like only 55% of those Su30 are active and 45% of those aircraft are in active due lake of spare parts ....

Russians ... o_Oo_Oo_O:suicide:

I just searched about Indian Su30 , look like only 55% of those Su30 are active and 45% of those aircraft are in active due lake of spare parts ....

BS, if Russia was such a bad supplier then India wouldnt be ordering more SU-30s.for your notice they just signed a deal for more 40 SU-30s.

BS, if Russia was such a bad supplier then India wouldnt be ordering more SU-30s.for your notice they just signed a deal for more 40 SU-30s.

Well , Russia gave all of Iraq Pantsir and Attack Helicopter , gave S300 to others ins less than 3 years but they still didn't gave us S300 ...

*** Azerbaijan bought two S-300PMU-2/SA-20B SAM battalions in 2010[75]

*** Egypt – The S-300VM entered service in November 2014[136][137][138][139] and is stocked in Egypt. This is part from the 6 complexes of Syria, some of which were taken to into Syria.[140] Additionally, for 1 billion will be put a regiment Antey-2500 system (command post and 3 Division / battalion and additional elements + training and other contract clauses). Division 1 is ready to be sent, and the contract will be fully completed in 2016, training of employees has already begun.[141] Russia is holding talks with Egypt on the delivery of additional Antey-2500 Universal air+missile+ballistic missile[142] defense systems.[143]

They could be ordering them for spare parts. Anyways, good news for us, bad for Russia.

They could be ordering them for spare parts. Anyways, good news for us, bad for Russia.

I think , in first place we should ask Russia to overhaul and Upgrade our Mig29s ( changing Engine with newer version likeRD-33MK and Zhuk-M ) and sell spare parts in numbers ....

Those are quite exaggerated reports as rivalling media lobby for their favourite arms supplier to show the other in bad light. The actual readiness is estimated somewhere around 80% and IAF is damn pleased with the MKIs.

Russians do tend to delay things at times but a large part of delay has been from our bureaucrats as well in paperwork.

So the problem is both ways.

Also, we are going to be having a stock of parts in India for all Su-30 users so that will make it easier for regional users of MKIs (since all are friendly to us in this case) to source parts in case Russia is really loaded with work in the future.

I think , in first place we should ask Russia to overhaul and Upgrade our Mig29s ( changing Engine with newer version likeRD-33MK and Zhuk-M ) and sell spare parts in numbers ....

Lots of work is needed, dost.

IRIAF needs complete overhaul.

MiG-29UBGs/MiG-35s need to join in along with Su-30IRs as well as domestic Iranian fighter jet industry needs to pick up.

Maybe you could even consider the Korean KFX project for future. Koreans are good weapons suppliers.

It would be good to see cooperation between our Iran and India too in arms industry. :)

That is the general case all over the world
Check out this eurofighter report for Germany.
Alarming low availability German air assets | AIRheadsFLY.com
"The air assets of the Bundeswehr, the German Armed Forces, are at an alarming low availability rate, according to recent reports leaked to the public via German Der Spiegel magazine.
According to maintenance journals that the editors of Der Spiegel got their hands a shocking low number of only 8 (!) of an official 109 Eurofighter EF2000s, named Typhoon in British service, are fully ready for all combat tasks
"

Su-30SM is Russia's newest fighter jet. It's essentially a twin seat version of Su-35S. On top of that, Su-30SM has wide angle holographic HUD and canards which Su-35S does not have. Su-30SM is better for replacing F-14A since it's also twin seater.

Su-30SM is Russia's newest fighter jet. It's essentially a twin seat version of Su-35S. On top of that, Su-30SM has wide angle holographic HUD and canards which Su-35S does not have. Su-30SM is better for replacing F-14A since it's also twin seater.

The Su-30SM is a Russian Su-30MKI.

Iran to Purchase Sukhoi-30 Fighter Jets From Russia - ABC News

Iran's Defense Minister says his country will sign a contract with Russia for the purchase of Sukhoi-30 fighter jets.

In comments published Wednesday, Gen. Hossein Dehghan did not specify how many fighter planes Iran will buy, or give a timeline for the signing of the deal.

He says that under the agreement Iran would also be involved in the production of the aircraft.

Russia has already started delivering S-300 air defense missile systems to Iran. The advanced defensive weapons system deal was frozen in 2010 due to U.N sanctions.

Iran's air force still heavily depends on domestically modified versions of long-outdated warplanes, including former Soviet MiGs and American F14A Tomcats from the 1970s.

I first read Iran is going to purchase 250 SU-30 and refueling aircraft from Russia ~7 years ago when i was first introducing with defence forum . as sanction has finally lifted i hope not just SU-30 but pakfa will also consider .

J-10 is powered by AL-31FN, WS-10 isn't even operation yet and just because its based on a western engine design doesn't mean its under a license, if that were true it would have been operational ages ago-------------You have to prove that which parts on J-10 are western, even if Iranian president will say that J-10 has western parts, it wont necessarily become true. France refused to give avionics to Pakistan for JF-17 because they didn't want them getting into Chinese hands.
Well, I guess none of us can prove what has been used in that particular fighter and which are under license so let's leave it at that.

I thought we were supposed to sell you stuff instead of Russia when we lifted sanctions. :angry:
:lol:

Good point! I think you should take that complaint to your republicans.

Su-30SM is newer and more advanced. Has Bars R radar and wide angle HUD.

Yes.

The Bars-R is the Russian air force version of the upgraded Bars that's meant for the IAF. There is also an Irbis-E version of Bars available.

Point being, it's not a twin seater Su-35.

Wasn't the BS nuclear UNSC CH7 after the Chinese Cruise missile deal? The missile cooperation was in the late 80s/early 90s was it not?

Well, I was trying to show only the general gist of things. That agreements really mean nothing, specially between have and have-not's and between strong and weak. It is only when the weak and the have-not shows that it can stand its ground and prove its strengths that any hope can be held about viability of an agreement. International law is enforced by the strong states and not by weaklings. That is why Iran must strive to increase its state capabilities if it wants a prosperous future for itself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom