What's new

Iran supports Armenia over Karabakh

Well you know Pakistan...we're an emotional bunch ! Wherever Muslims and at that our friends are involved..these policies of 'neutrality' go out the window ! Too much domestic demand to stand with the 'Muslims' wherever and whenever we can.

What is the glitch over recognizing Kosovo.

What about Iran vs Saudi Arabia. :woot:

Thats a difficult one ! But I suppose just as Iran can have great relations with our arch enemy - You guys - and still have great relations with Pakistan; we too have very good relations with KSA and still have good relations with Iran ! Not a zero-sum game !

Are you talking about my personal opinion or the opinion of Pakistanis in general? If my personal opinion then Iran all the way!! Let us not go off topic, keep your discussions related to the topic in hand.

I also prefer Iran. We went for Israel because Arab cheated and insulted us numerous times even we supported Palestine for 4 decades staying away from Israel.

What is the glitch over recognizing Kosovo.

To the best of my knowledge assertions like these are given in answer to that :

A Foreign Office official in Pakistan told The Express Tribune that although Pakistan is eager to recognize Kosovo, “(it) finds it impossible to translate its desire into a reality.”

“Islamabad is willing to recognize the Kosovo Republic, but the situation in Balochistan does not allow us to do so,” the official said.

Pakistan, he said, “is being pressed by several Muslim states and the United States to recognize the republic”. Also, the people of Kosovo, whom it had been supporting in their freedom struggle against Serbian occupation, “are also eagerly awaiting recognition by Pakistan”.

“The reason is that Kosovo had declared its independence unilaterally after a long struggle against the republic of Serbia … Pakistan fears that a parallel could be drawn between Kosovo and Balouchistan, even if a few Baloch (insurgents) were to declare independence unilaterally.” (Source : TX Analysis: Pakistan's recognition of Kosovo > A two-edged sword ~ Terminal X ).

I would think it is regrettable considering that in Pakistan, at least in my city, whenever in the Friday prayers God is supplicated to relieve the suffering of Muslims...after Checneya and Kashmir...Kosovo is always mentioned ! The point being there is domestic demand for that...so perhaps its just politicking !

P.S Don't have a hisy fit over 'Kashmir' ! :D

Maybe you stay away from politics. It is not a profession suitable to you.

I'm not in the business of politics - I'm in the business of combatting identity theft.

Screen+shot+2012-08-13+at+2.08.44+AM.png

Screen+shot+2012-08-13+at+2.21.41+AM.png

Thats a difficult one ! But I suppose just as Iran can have great relations with our arch enemy - You guys - and still have great relations with Pakistan; we too have very good relations with KSA and still have good relations with Iran ! Not a zero-sum game !

A big difference I would say is imagine if Khazakstan changed its name to Pakistan. And now there were 2 Pakistans: One impersonating the other.

Iran has peaceful relations with India and Paksistan.

The Republic of Azerbaijan constantly tries to stir trouble in Iran.

A big difference I would say is imagine if Khazakstan changed its name to Pakistan. And now there were 2 Pakistans: One impersonating the other. .

What u mean by this? Are you talking about Azerbaijanis and Iranian Azeris?

Republic of Azerbaijan was founded in 1918. An independent State which was later invaded by Bolshevik armies in 1920. Josef Stalin came to power much later. Ottoman forces and Azerbaijani forces fought together both in WW1 and post WW1 period against Armenians, Russians and English.

I think you are having identity crisis, but blaming others wont solve your problem.

Republic of Azerbaijan was founded in 1918. An independent State which was later invaded by Bolshevik armies in 1920.

If 1918 is the date you are choosing, be certain that Iranian-Azarbaijan is 2,000 years older. You're not helping yourself by perpetuating the fraud.

The decision to use the name Azerbaijan, drew some protests from Iran. According to Tadeusz Swietochowski:

Although the proclamation restricted its claim to the territory north of the Araxes, the use of the name Azerbaijan would soon bring objections from Iran. In Teheran, suspicions were aroused that the Republic of Azerbaijan served as an Ottoman device for detaching the Tabriz province from Iran. Likewise, the national revolutionary Jangali movement in Gilan stated Iranians would be opposed to calling that republic Azerbaijan. Consequently, to allay Iranian fears, the Azerbaijani government would accommodatingly use the term Caucasian Azerbaijan in its documents for circulation abroad.

Tadeusz Swietochowski, Russia and Azerbaijan: A Borderland in Transition (New York: Columbia University Press, 1995. pg 69

Iran has never supported Armenia over Karabagh conflict. Armenia should show more respect to international community. There are lots of International disapproval against military invasion of Karabagh.

We have some problems with dictatorship of Azerbaijan not the nation of Azerbaijan. Some Iranian here have wanted to show their disagreement with government of Azerbaijan. But I think they hurt the filling of Azerbaijani nation instead. All in all This is not how to attract a nation.

Back
Top Bottom