What's new

Iran seizes South Korean-flagged oil tanker headed for the UAE

You think like a Buddhist. You cannot own something that belongs to another. If you have chosen to serve a thief and be paid by a thief then tough luck when the police come and repossess the stolen item.

I like you, guys. Interesting what sets me off. You fight with or trash on the Americans or Brits and I agree with you. You touch the Koreans and suddenly I am against you. How strange. I must like the Koreans a lot.

u buy something and u have to pay, if u cant pay in dollars then pay in gold anything is fisible. why r u having hard time digesting that simple words?

unless u r mafia yourself. sorry but not every one are fan of K POP gays.

do you want to risk 5000 years of civilization ? era of hydrocarbons is coming to an end. Not sure what the hell anyone is fighting about

oil will play a big role in the future, even with technology we have now and getting soon.

1. countries like china, india, african countries and south american countries will rely on oil for the next decades. the reason except of china the others don't have the funds and the money to switch from oil to other energy in the near future. as for china, they have a huge industrial complex which will take time to transfrom from oil, gas and coal to green energy.

2. and thats the most important reason i my opinion. as long as the militaries need oil to run tanks, aircrafts etc. oil will be important. and i don't that this will change in the near future. the u.s. military has the highest carbon emission in the world (not compared to other militaries, but compared to other countries. even more than the u.s. has in the country, with cars, industry etc).

3. the technology we have now is not even close that we can rely 100% on green energy. in some fields yes but in others no. for example cars. you can drive with the new tesla (i forgot which one) in the best circumstances, that means full batterie and you don't use AC or radio or other stuff, 800km. with a new egines of gasoline engines you can drive the same with using all the electronics inside your car and you don't need to charge the for 1hour and half to be able to drive.

4. the oil industry is making direct and indirect 400 billion usd every year. do you really think they will just say ok we will close everything and leave it to the new guys like elon musk and co. that won't happen.
What's outstanding gas bill of South Korea ?

i think 6 billion

Last edited:
do you want to risk 5000 years of civilization ? era of hydrocarbons is coming to an end. Not sure what the hell anyone is fighting about
It is coming to an end, but it hasn't come to an end yet. Has it?

Meanwhile, oil constitutes a small portion of the Iranian government's budget in recent years. This year, the share of oil in our budget was about 10%. It may increase to 40% in the next year, but the parliament is resisting the idea.
i think 6 billion
8 billion dollars.

oil will play a big role in the future, even with technology we have now and getting soon.

1. countries like china, india, african countries and south american countries will rely on oil for the next decades. the reason except of china the others don't have the funds and the money to switch from oil to other energy in the near future. as for china, they have a huge industrial complex which will take time to transfrom from oil, gas and coal to green energy.

2. and thats the most important reason i my opinion. as long as the militaries need oil to run tanks, aircrafts etc. oil will be important. and i don't that this will change in the near future. the u.s. military has the highest carbon emission in the world (not compared to other militaries, but compared to other countries. even more than the u.s. has in the country, with cars, industry etc).

3. the technology we have now is not even close that we can rely 100% on green energy. in some fields yes but in others no. for example cars. you can drive with the new tesla (i forgot which one) in the best circumstances, that means full batterie and you don't use AC or radio or other stuff, 800km. with a new egines of gasoline engines you can drive the same with using all the electronics inside your car and you don't need to charge the for 1hour and half to be able to drive.

4. the oil industry is making direct and indirect 400 billion usd every year. do you really think they will just say ok we will close everything and leave it to the new guys like elon musk and co. that won't happen.

Sorry dude - electric cars are the wave of the future. The improvement in Solar energy have broken the speculative bubble in oil prices. Oil was $145 per barrel in 2007.

China has $3 trillion to finance a switch away from oil. India has $500 billion in FOREX.
US is one of the largest oil producers.

Oil is not going to $0. But the peak price for oil has been hit
It is coming to an end, but it hasn't come to an end yet. Has it?

Meanwhile, oil constitutes a small portion of the Iranian government's budget in recent years. This year, the share of oil in our budget was about 10%. It may increase to 40% in the next year, but the parliament is resisting the idea.

90% of Iran's exports is oil. I will give it to you Iranians are more educated than Arabs. Collapse in oil revenues may be a blessing in disguise

Sorry dude - electric cars are the wave of the future. The improvement in Solar energy have broken the speculative bubble in oil prices. Oil was $145 per barrel in 2007.

China has $3 trillion to finance a switch away from oil. India has $500 billion in FOREX.
US is one of the largest oil producers.

Oil is not going to $0. But the peak price for oil has been hit

i don't deny that it is the future all i am saying is, it won't happen soon.
do you know expensive solar energy is for african countries or south american.
india is way to corrupt to switch from oil any time soon and for a country size like india they don't have the funds to do so for the next 20-30.
even a country like germany is talking about 2035, just to switch completly to electric cars, they didn't talked about the industry.

i think you underestmitate the huge infrastrcuture and the money need by a country to do so.

here you can see the oil revenue from the opec members in 2020 without the u.s.

The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) forecasts that members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) will earn about $323 billion in net oil export revenues in 2020. If realized, this forecast revenue would be the lowest in 18 years. Lower crude oil prices and lower export volumes drive this expected decrease in export revenues.

90% of Iran's exports is oil. I will give it to you Iranians are more educated than Arabs. Collapse in oil revenues may be a blessing in disguise
Not anymore. It used to be about 90% of our exports but now it is not like that anymore. In 2019, the value of our total exports was estimated at 55 billion dollars while the volume of crude oil exports during the same year is estimated at 12 billion dollars to 18 billion dollars (depending on different sources, because the real number has not been released officially by the Iranian Ministry of Oil).

Now the Korean populace, who were once neutral on Iran, will hate Iran.
If the south koreans are going to act like a pack of thieves and refuse to pay what they owe iran,well then I honestly dont imagine that the iranian populace will feel much love for them either.
Personally if I was a south korean citizen I`d be quite embarrassed that my own government was acting in such a cowardly and underhanded manner,but then again I suppose as us vassals they probably feel that they dont have much choice.
Its kinda sad really.....

u buy something and u have to pay, if u cant pay in dollars then pay in gold anything is fisible. why r u having hard time digesting that simple words?

unless u r mafia yourself. sorry but not every one are fan of K POP gays.

You made an investment in Korean and you lost it. Too bad. You sold on credit, you made a bad loan. Too bad. You have no security with the Koreans. Too bad. You are not part of the banking system anymore. Too bad. Should have had the Koreans pay up front. Should not have picked a fight with the financial system.

You made an investment in Korean and you lost it. Too bad. You sold on credit, you made a bad loan. Too bad. You have no security with the Koreans. Too bad. You are not part of the banking system anymore. Too bad. Should have had the Koreans pay up front. Should not have picked a fight with the financial system.

You are a dumbass..... too bad...... but no one cares....

If the south koreans are going to act like a pack of thieves and refuse to pay what they owe iran,well then I honestly dont imagine that the iranian populace will feel much love for them either.
Personally if I was a south korean citizen I`d be quite embarrassed that my own government was acting in such a cowardly and underhanded manner,but then again I suppose as us vassals they probably feel that they dont have much choice.
Its kinda sad really.....

:) Iran does what Iran can do. South Korea does what South Korea can do.
US played a similar game in having Canada arrest Meng Wanzhou of Hauwei. Caught Canada between the US and China. Forcing the smaller nations to pick sides even when they don't want to.

South Korea should never gone outside their group and dealt with Iran. Now the Koreans are learning their mistake.

Last edited:
i don't deny that it is the future all i am saying is, it won't happen soon.
do you know expensive solar energy is for african countries or south american.
india is way to corrupt to switch from oil any time soon and for a country size like india they don't have the funds to do so for the next 20-30.
even a country like germany is talking about 2035, just to switch completly to electric cars, they didn't talked about the industry.

i think you underestmitate the huge infrastrcuture and the money need by a country to do so.

here you can see the oil revenue from the opec members in 2020 without the u.s.

The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) forecasts that members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) will earn about $323 billion in net oil export revenues in 2020. If realized, this forecast revenue would be the lowest in 18 years. Lower crude oil prices and lower export volumes drive this expected decrease in export revenues.

we will never go to zero petroleum consumption. you are looking at decreasing demand. you are looking at low prices with little bargaining power for the producers. Oil producers have to start behaving. Read: no more proxy or open wars, no more terrorism

Do you realize most poor oil importing countries tax petroleum products as a source of revenue for the government ? hydrocarbons are already expensive for the end users. The price point for solar energy is somewhere $80 per barrel and falling.

India may be corrupt. If they can save $100 billion in foreign exchange moving away from hydrocarbons they will. Laws of economics apply to all - corrupt or non-corrupt.

$323 billion is revenues. The profits are lower if you substract the cost of production.

there will be pressure to limit CO2 emissions

Last edited:
You are a dumbass..... too bad...... but no one cares....

Report has the Iranian saying that South Korea is "holding $7 billion US dollars which belong to us." You cannot own what belongs to another. You can be allowed to USE what belongs to another if you are an ally or trusted.

Back
Top Bottom