What's new

Iran Readying to Fly Own Model of US RQ-170 Drone

The TF34 is only 1.25 meters tall and 2.62 meters long.

The Iranian government said the RQ-170 is 1.84m tall and 4.5m long.
It can easily fit.

View attachment 31653

The TF34 is a tough engine. Some last as long as 3400 hours. Perfect for a UAV that would log long hours.
firstly, none of Iranian officials have said anything about RQ-170's dimension, provide a link for your words.
secondly, unless we say all of the people in this picture are above 2 meter, 1.84m height is clearly incorrect, even with open wheels:
qw1.jpg

and thirdly:
www9.jpg

commander's shoulder width:141px =50cm, mine is 48cm, yet let say 50cm for commander
red circle:223px = 79cm, biggest available space for engine, very unlikely (because of the drone's FLIR), but possible.
orange circle=184px=65cm, my guess and very possible space.

firstly, none of Iranian officials have said anything about RQ-170's dimension, provide a link for your words.
secondly, unless we say all of the people in this picture are above 2 meter, 1.84m height is clearly incorrect, even with open wheels:

and thirdly:

commander's shoulder width:141px =50cm, mine is 48cm, yet let say 50cm for commander
red circle:223px = 79cm, biggest available space for engine, very unlikely (because of the drone's FLIR), but possible.
orange circle=184px=65cm, my guess and very possible space.

Video: Captured U.S. drone (RQ-170) - Tehran Times
"The wing-to-wing width of the RQ-170 Sentinel drone is around 26 meters with a length of 4.5 meters and height of 1.84 meters."

Obviously Tehran Times is mistaken and that is with the wheels down.

Last edited:
Video: Captured U.S. drone (RQ-170) - Tehran Times
"The wing-to-wing width of the RQ-170 Sentinel drone is around 26 meters with a length of 4.5 meters and height of 1.84 meters."

Of course maybe Tehran Times is mistaken and that is with the wheels down.
No, they have made a bigger mistake, other websites have published some general info about RQ170 from internet, but tehrantimes has published these info as a quote from commander. look at the source of that article: PressTV, irib, farsnews. I suggest you to use them instead.

Back
Top Bottom