What's new

Iran: Purchase of Russian Su-30 fighters on agenda

You looney tunes, the IRIAF today flies over:

50 operational F-14A's with Aim-54A and Aim-7E/ Aim9P capability. They can take out anything your PAF fields from 124 miles out you joker.

50 plus Mig-29 9-12's with IRST cued R-73's plus R-27T/E capable of engaging out to 50 miles.

90 plus F-4E/D's all Maverick/ Aim-7 and Aim-9 capable.

45 Mirage F-1's.....all operational

35 Su-24 MK fencers all upgraded by Russia years ago.

and 100 plus F-5E Tiger II's.

Iran has more than 10 years of combat experience with BVR missiles, SEAD, ECM systems and smart weaponry from the time when you were flying the F-86 and Chinese F-6, you joker.......lol Sounds like you know fvck all about the IRIAF.
You are Wrong

IRIAF inventory consists of:
44 F-14 Tomcats (Without any support of Northrop Grumman)
30 Mig 29 Fulcrums(Older A variants not Mig29M)
64 F4s (60 of Those are Bombers and 4 are electronic warfare)
60 F5 (3rd Generation multirole Fighter)
10 odd Mirage F1s (3rd Generation multirole Fighter)
and 20 F7m
and 40 su24 and Su25s
Plus No AWACS for IRIAF
with 35,000 Active personnel Employed
Thats about it with some approximation of course
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/airforce-equipment.htm

While you are making mokery of PAF
48 F16 A/B (All Upgraded with MLU to Block 50 Standards)
18 F16 C/D (Block 52)
100 JF17 Thunders (4th Gen Multirole Fighter)
All of above are BVR Capable with AIM120 and SD10. And Fully Supported and Supplied by Lockheed Martin, PAC and CAC.

130 Mirage 3/5 (3rd Gen Multirole Fighters due for replacement by JF17)
120 F7 (3rd Gen Interceptors In Process of Replacement by JF17)

with Saab Erieye and Y8 Awacs

65,000 Active Personnel on duty
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/pakistan/air-force-equipment.htm

Their is not point of Comparing IRIAF and PAF because their are no hostilities between the two. Both face different threats from different directions. IRIAF was once the mightiest air force in Asia during Shah era but now i am afraid its not the case. Due to Sanctions and in my opinion some needless foreign policy its below Par. Considering the Fact Iran have much larger economy then Pakistan Now IRIAF is not even comparable to a regional Mediocre Air force like PAF.
Kindly provide links to your claims please.
Best Regards

Who told you mig-29 can carry all the weapon flanker carry and no there is no by default in the comparison and maneuverability have no use when you face some thing like aim9x and more than 70% of kills are bvr .
And about what mig29smt pilots think about their plane its of no consequence . you can ask any f14 pilot and they think their airplanes is the best ask f15 pilots and they lynch you if you suggest there is better airplane and no smaller don't mean lower rcs by default su35 have lower rcs than many smaller airplanes.
Nobody is making a bet you joker......lol......read that article. Clearly the Flanker has a massive edge over the JSF, and by default so should the SMT. We can't hold your hand here and also walk you to the latrine.

If you knew someone in the AF which has flown both the Fulcrum and the Flanker, will tell you that the Fulcrum is more maneuverable, has a smaller airframe, less RCS that Flanker, same weapons as the Flanker and bla, bla.......but you don't know any fulcrum pilots, do you?......lol Fulcrum pilots are very confident of their machines. The SMT is a very different machine to the 9-12. Seems like you are desperate to not understand this fact of life.

You old man, S300 was delivered last year. What were you doing then? and didn't hear the news?.....lol

Iranian S300 system, delivered from Russia:

First Iranian s300 was not delivered from Russia and they delivered the systems after we show components of bavar and it become clear for them in short we have our airdefence system

Oh so now since Bavar system is so capable, the Russians were compelled to supply the S300 system?.......lol....Whatever makes you feel sleepy at nights bro.......lol

What's next, since Qaher 313 is so capable, now the Russians will be compelled to deliver the Su-30, just so we don't god forbid embarrass the Russians and further build the Qaher 313?........:omghaha:

You need help bro. Go talk to old twilight, maybe he'll show you the way. lol

Who told you mig-29 can carry all the weapon flanker carry and no there is no by default in the comparison and maneuverability have no use when you face some thing like aim9x and more than 70% of kills are bvr .
And about what mig29smt pilots think about their plane its of no consequence . you can ask any f14 pilot and they think their airplanes is the best ask f15 pilots and they lynch you if you suggest there is better airplane and no smaller don't mean lower rcs by default su35 have lower rcs than many smaller airplanes.

First Iranian s300 was not delivered from Russia and they delivered the systems after we show components of bavar and it become clear for them in short we have our airdefence system

UN resolution does not ban Su-30 fighter jet sales to Iran: Russia
  1. Politics
April 6, 2016

TEHRAN – Russia has rejected a U.S. claim that the sales of Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jets to Iran were prohibited under a United Nation Security Council resolution.

Head of the Russian Foreign Ministry’s Department for Non-Proliferation and Arms Control, Mikhail Ulyanov, dismissed U.S. Department of State Undersecretary for Political Affairs Thomas Shannon’s claims that Washington would use its veto power in the Security Council to block the possible sales of the fighter jets to Iran, Press TV reported on Wednesday.

“Such deliveries are not prohibited, they are allowed, and this follows from the text of the resolution,” the Interfax news agency quoted him as saying.

SP/PA
http://www.tehrantimes.com/news/300...ot-ban-Su-30-fighter-jet-sales-to-Iran-Russia

Oh so now since Bavar system is so capable, the Russians were compelled to supply the S300 system?.......lol....Whatever makes you feel sleepy at nights bro.......lol

boy , I wish that we have best fighter jets in the world , i wish that we had best economic , best military , best wethear in the world but we don't ...

from historical perspective , Russia doesn't want sell anything useful to Iran ... we should learn from past and don't repeat same mistak over and over and over again ....

boy , I wish that we have best fighter jets in the world , i wish that we had best economic , best military , best wethear in the world but we don't ...

from historical perspective , Russia doesn't want sell anything useful to Iran ... we should learn from past and don't repeat same mistak over and over and over again ....
Past says that they sold us their best air defense technology S-300 PMU-2 :D

Come a bit forward in the history

Past says that they sold us their best air defense technology S-300 PMU-2 :D

Come a bit forward in the history
Not their best and only after we show components of bavar . even USA admitted non of the UN resolution banned sales of airdefence system to Iran but Russia delayed delivering the system for years .

I wonder if they made such delays to other countries.

Not their best and only after we show components of bavar . even USA admitted non of the UN resolution banned sales of airdefence system to Iran but Russia delayed delivering the system for years .

I wonder if they made such delays to other countries.
I don't deny, maybe if we completed a homemade fighter jet, we would have a better deal in that case

But i guess the point is in Syria and our fight against USA's proxies ;)

I don't deny, maybe if we completed a homemade fighter jet, we would have a better deal in that case

Well you know I believe its within our capabilities to build an aircraft for CAS . and I believe we must build it . but when it come to air superiority well we are ages away from producing an engine suitable for such roles and also non of the alloys we produce in industrial scale can stand the stress such airplane must endure . so we must buy such airplanes to cover all ground . but what I say is that if we want to spend lots of money for it at least we must buy something which is considered air superiority fighter 3 years from now not spends milliards of dollar and then build an air inferiority air force .

The best Iran can do is build a reliable bomber CAS for the Iranian airforce that can be frequently utilized without worry for spare parts or maintenance issues.

Iran cannot build any air superiority fighter atleast in the foreseeable future. Not with the tech that's available to Iran and certainly not with the money that's available. Air to air fighting is probably the most complex military sector ever, and nothing Iran can make can ever be useful against an F22, F35 or Su35 or Su30 for that matter

The best optins for Iran are

1) Local production of JF17 - 150 +

2) Purchasing J10B/C - 50-75

3) Join the J31 program - locally build 50-75

Buying off the shelf wouldn't bring any true capabilities...

First step JF17... block III is around the corner now.

The best optins for Iran are

1) Local production of JF17 - 150 +

2) Purchasing J10B/C - 50-75

3) Join the J31 program - locally build 50-75

Buying off the shelf wouldn't bring any true capabilities...

First step JF17... block III is around the corner now.
Unfortunately there are some problems with this scenario,the first is that the jf17 is only a light fighter,it might be a suitable augment/replacement for the mig29 or f5 force but it certainly isnt going to be a replacement for the f14,in fact the only machines that likely would qualify for that would be the su30/35 or j15.Another problem is that the jf17 has a lot of non pakistani produced components like the rd93 engine which is supplied by russia not to mention avionics as well,all of this would greatly complicate the task of attempting local production in iran.
As for the j10 you`ve still got similar problems ie its a single engine fighter,tho a large one,and its not an f14 replacement and it relies on engines imported from another country [al31 for the j10b,j10c who knows?].
The j31 is still only a prototype in development but could certainly be something for iran to seriously consider as its first fifth gen fighter in perhaps another decade or so,hopefully by then the chinese will have been able to produce engines with performance comparable to their western/russian counterparts [fingers crossed]
But I do concur that for iran and its situation local production is really the only sensible option.

if they go show anything - as propaganda !!!! - they will do it in next week , but considering this Qajar like government and level of corruption , I doubt there would be anything even for just pure propaganda ....

What's next, since Qaher 313 is so capable, now the Russians will be compelled to deliver the Su-30, just so we don't god forbid embarrass the Russians and further build the Qaher 313?........:omghaha:

You need help bro. Go talk to old twilight, maybe he'll show you the way. lol
Thx friend for this precious information. This post is most important in this topic. It seems that the the SU-30 might be already delivered to Iran air Force. As none of us are close to the iranian power, it is impossible for us all to have the truth. However if russians officials rejected the US claims, it means the delivery to Iran will be sure, it is not already done.
Moreover I share your point of view about the Mig-29 SMT. Indeed, the Mig-35 is more maneuverable, than the SU-30, and I think Iran could be interested by this model. The other I think it will be the chinese FC-31 with its indigenous jet engines WS-19.

mate, don't forget, Belarus is the unofficial delivery gateway for Russia. Long before the S300 delivery there were many reports of clandestine supply of S300 system to Iran by Mr Lukashenko......lol

Also Belarus has very good relations with Iran. Nothing can be unofficially ruled out here.Belarus has denied all reports, but nothing can be confirmed nor denied in these types of issues:

https://www.rt.com/politics/iran-belarus-s300-missiles/

Thx friend for this precious information. This post is most important in this topic. It seems that the the SU-30 might be already delivered to Iran air Force. As none of us are close to the iranian power, it is impossible for us all to have the truth. However if russians officials rejected the US claims, it means the delivery to Iran will be sure, it is not already done.
Moreover I share your point of view about the Mig-29 SMT. Indeed, the Mig-35 is more maneuverable, than the SU-30, and I think Iran could be interested by this model. The other I think it will be the chinese FC-31 with its indigenous jet engines WS-19.

BIG NEWS:

Image1517663279.125482.jpg

Back
Top Bottom