What's new

Iran: Purchase of Russian Su-30 fighters on agenda

just nitpicking for the sake of it are we? You should be glad whether the Su-30sm gets delivered, or the su-35 or the Mig-29SMT or Mig-35, with or without TOT! Iran desperately needs a new AF. Domestic industry is not cutting it, in case you haven't noticed. None else will supply to Iran, other than Russia.

I don't believe Putin will hold back deliveries of warplanes, after 2020.
well so if we agree there won't be any Transfer of Technology why not like china go after the latest available model , why go after something inferior ?
can you tell me how if we buy 150 Mig-29SMT it will help us against an air-force equipped with f-35 ? or latest versions of F-15 ?

well so if we agree there won't be any Transfer of Technology why not like china go after the latest available model , why go after something inferior ?
can you tell me how if we buy 150 Mig-29SMT it will help us against an air-force equipped with f-35 ? or latest versions of F-15 ?
Mig-29-35s are filling markets of countries that are land locked, poor and/or incapable of developing home made fighter jets in long run. useless, even with TOT, i say

Mig-29-35s are filling markets of countries that are land locked, poor and/or incapable of developing home made fighter jets in long run. useless, even with TOT, i say
I'm screaming that because others wont sell us we don't have to to go and buy whatever others offer to us no matter if its useful for us or not , but it seems some people are fine with handouts .

You fool, the Mig-29SMT (9-19) is highly capable. It has tremendous capability (on par with Flankers) compared to what the IRIAF flies currently (9-12). And yes, it can take on the F-35 or F-15E, no problems.

You fool, the Mig-29SMT (9-19) is highly capable. It has tremendous capability (on par with Flankers) compared to what the IRIAF flies currently (9-12). And yes, it can take on the F-35 or F-15E, no problems.
Yeah sure.

You need to read up a bit more about the SMT, before you come here like bacha chosti:

https://thaimilitaryandasianregion.wordpress.com/2016/01/10/mig-29-smt/
I knew all about SMT so if you are sure , put on a scenario that Mig-29SMT go against F-35 or latest generation of F-15 and come out victorious ?
this is from your article
The MiG-29s were able to hold their own in exercises, against both USAF F-16CJs and RSAF (Singaporean) F-16 Block 50’s at KKD Air Force Base near Calcutta. The Su-30 MKIs, however, clearly outperforming the Block 50 F-16s.

“Russian-origin Sukhoi-30MKI jets are apparently outgunning American F-16s on “several aspects” at the ongoing Indo-Singapore air combat exercise in Gwalior.
This is the first-ever face-off between these two sophisticated war machines originating from the two former Cold War adversaries.
“Our Sukhois are doing very well against the F-16Cs (of Singapore Air Force) in terms of manoeuvrability, sophistication of avionics and weapon systems. Similarly, our MiG-29s and Mirage-2000s are also matching up to the F-16s,” say IAF sources.”
Source: Don’t fret if Pak gets F-16s, October 22, 2004

Mig-29 SMT ≈ F-16c(American) ≈ F-16 Block 50 < SU-30MKI ≈ F15c (Not Latest Generation F-15SA which KSA is getting)
and let not talk about f-35 and f-22

That bit in the article is from the time long before the IAF got their UPG (SMT-II) upgrades. That means the IAF was flying its 9-12's against the SAF F-15's and F-16 Block-52's. And clearly the 9-12's held their own!.......What does that say about a baseline Mig-29 9-12 capabilities?.......yeah the ones the IRIAF operates. lol

Now, the SMT-II upgrades brings the baseline Fulcrum to a Super Fulcrum! A lot of features/ avionics from the Flanker are incorporated by RAC/ UA into this SMT/ Mig-35 versions. They are no pushovers.

A good article on why the Flanker outperforms the competition (including the JSF) And you can bet your sweet *** that the SMT's performance/ Specs are very similar to the Flankers. RuAF is inducting the SMT in service:

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Flanker.html

I knew all about SMT so if you are sure , put on a scenario that Mig-29SMT go against F-35 or latest generation of F-15 and come out victorious ?
this is from your article

Mig-29 SMT ≈ F-16c(American) ≈ F-16 Block 50 < SU-30MKI ≈ F15c (Not Latest Generation F-15SA which KSA is getting)
and let not talk about f-35 and f-22

That bit in the article is from the time long before the IAF got their UPG (SMT-II) upgrades. That means the IAF was flying its 9-12's against the SAF F-15's and F-16 Block-52's. And clearly the 9-12's held their own!.......What does that say about a baseline Mig-29 9-12 capabilities?.......yeah the ones the IRIAF operates. lol

Now, the SMT-II upgrades brings the baseline Fulcrum to a Super Fulcrum! A lot of features/ avionics from the Flanker are incorporated by RAC/ UA into this SMT/ Mig-35 versions. They are no pushovers.

A good article on why the Flanker outperforms the competition (including the JSF) And you can bet your sweet *** that the SMT's performance/ Specs are very similar to the Flankers. RuAF is inducting the SMT in service:

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Flanker.html
instead of making bet Just gave me a scenario that Flanker get defeated by Fulcrum

and by the way the latest versions of F-15 is not F-15c , After that we have F-15E Strike Eagle and now they are offering a version which is called Silent Eagle

and your article have nothing to do with Mig-29 or Mig-35

Nobody is making a bet you joker......lol......read that article. Clearly the Flanker has a massive edge over the JSF, and by default so should the SMT. We can't hold your hand here and also walk you to the latrine.

If you knew someone in the AF which has flown both the Fulcrum and the Flanker, will tell you that the Fulcrum is more maneuverable, has a smaller airframe, less RCS that Flanker, same weapons as the Flanker and bla, bla.......but you don't know any fulcrum pilots, do you?......lol Fulcrum pilots are very confident of their machines. The SMT is a very different machine to the 9-12. Seems like you are desperate to not understand this fact of life.

instead of making bet Just gave me a scenario that Flanker get defeated by Fulcrum

and by the way the latest versions of F-15 is not F-15c , After that we have F-15E Strike Eagle and now they are offering a version which is called Silent Eagle

and your article have nothing to do with Mig-29 or Mig-35

Came across this video regarding the F-14. At 2:18 mark, you can see the Fakour AA Missile .
Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 9.13.17 PM.png

The Pheonix Missile was suppose to be a quite Long range weapon which certainly kept US figther Jets at bay

If Iran has reversed engineered an improve version it certainly is a capable weapon in their arsenal

AIM-54_PHOENIX_Sideview.png

200 km range if there is one weapon would be nice installed on Thunder would be this cute thing

Last edited:
let me to make it clear : Russia won't sell any useful thing to Iran ... so all these 13 pages of disscussion are meaningless ...
hell they even didn't want to sell some defensive weapon like S300 to Iran and some guys are excepting them to sell fighters !?

let me to make it clear : Russia won't sell any useful thing to Iran ... so all these 13 pages of disscussion are meaningless ...
hell they even didn't want to sell some defensive weapon like S300 to Iran and some guys are excepting them to sell fighters !?

well said. IRAN can get only what is can make. cannot get what it cannot make. they will only sell their products against what Iran capable of making and delivering its own. If Iran is able to fly its own squadron, then they will offer this product but cleverly in very longer period with delays and excuses.

You old man, S300 was delivered last year. What were you doing then? and didn't hear the news?.....lol

Iranian S300 system, delivered from Russia:

Back
Top Bottom