What's new

Iran Plans to Build Nuclear-Fueled Submarines

maybe Iran is developing this sub from last 10 years but news has come out only now

because if they start building N sub now it will take them 10 ears at least

no it cant be used , that reactor use 1% uranium , right now american nuclear subs use 70-90% uranium and russian ones use 30-40% uranium

In Persian language article, IRIN commander talks about diesel and nuclear submarines and says "for example , building a diesel submarine with displacement weight around 4000 tonnes needs 8 million person-hour work and 450,000 pieces are used in it. In another part of article he says building a nuclear submarine with 18750 tonnes displacement weight needs 12 million person-hour work and 1 million pieces are used in it.

I think 4000 and 18750 tonnes are the signs that shows they have studied submarines with these displacement weight. For the first one I found Kilo class that Iran has it. Full load submerged displacement weight of Kilo is around 4000 tonnes.

Although these examples doesn't prove anything, It is very interesting if Iran has a plan to build a 18750 tonnes nuclear submarine.
But I guess after experience of overhauling Tareq submarine, Iran has already started a project for building submarine based on Kilo submarine.

i dont think Iran can build 18,750 ton SSN/SSGN/SSBN,not for next 20 years

despite having greater resources our first indigenous SSBN weighs 6,000 tons

so first Iranian SSN/SSGN/SSBN will weigh around 5,000 tons

later ones will be bigger

iran have 2 proccess for it's work:
1- step 2 step
2- huge ******* step.

sometimes we use the number 2 proccess and the world eyes become like this: :woot:

27533d1323802101-shutting-down-strait-hormuz-red-team-exercise-irans-naval-capabilities-iran-advanced-submarines1.jpg

Those dont look like conventional nuclear submarines. Did Iran already acquired some new technology which altered the very conventional design concept of nuclear submarines?

Very good paint job as well as welding jobs. Must be extra strength welding technology used in this case, otherwise those sheet joints will fail under high pressure.

Good going Iran. Keep up the good work.

Hanit was 32km away it means the maximum range of the mssile , then the egiptian when at 35km of the shore but they were far north ,if you triangulate it the distance from the launcher would have been around 80-90 km and there is no way a kowsar can reach that distance even if you fire it from sky . And you destroyed all the shore radars !!! I think last night your dinner was too heavy and you had disturbed dream , kowsar is mounted on a truk (i mean all the system ) and after that there is a very good reason that the incident didn't repeat ,you ordered all your ship that distance themselve at least 120km from the shore and by that hezboallah achieved his goal , from that day your navy had no means to shell beirut
1) Hezbollah used C802 missiles not C701.
2) Navy was not shelling Beirut. Hanit does not even have any means to do that. Navy was imposing blockade on Lebanon.
3) Navy did not change its position, just destroyed the radars. Without them you cant attack. That was the biggest achievement of Iranian attack: because of them Lebanon remained without radars + sank Egyptian ship.

Back to the topic: if you make copy of north korean midget subs that does not mean you can build ingenious nuclear sub. You are light years from it. Just another lame propaganda for dumb kids. Funny that propaganda works: none of the iranians questioned it although its obviously BS.

can iran miniturize a nuclear power plant to fit in nuclear sub?

1) Hezbollah used C802 missiles not C701.
2) Navy was not shelling Beirut. Hanit does not even have any means to do that. Navy was imposing blockade on Lebanon.
3) Navy did not change its position, just destroyed the radars. Without them you cant attack. That was the biggest achievement of Iranian attack: because of them Lebanon remained without radars + sank Egyptian ship.

Back to the topic: if you make copy of north korean midget subs that does not mean you can build ingenious nuclear sub. You are light years from it. Just another lame propaganda for dumb kids. Funny that propaganda works: none of the iranians questioned it although its obviously BS.
Well , saying the missile was c-802 is like saying that hanit can withstad a direct hit from harpoon . Well I like you to say that to an American .
And we better knew what we gave hezboallah , if iran say we gave them kowsar it mean that we gave them c-701 not c-802 .

And claim about destroying radars is funnier tnan claim about that missile was c-802 just search it and you see that both usa and israel after the attack ordered their navy to keep at least 100km from the shore.
By the way let tell you small fact about kowsar missie , its guidance is tv-homing , infra red and a small milimeter rader infront of its warhead that is used both for detecting target and adjust its altitiude and i dont use any separate radar , the system is consisted of the launcher which can be a small boat , a truck or an helicopter and the missile itself . Nothing more . Now you if you like can make a joke of yourself by saying you destroyed all lebanese radars to stop hezboallah from firing any more missile . Honnestly you tnought we give hezboallah domething that rely on radars.

Now back to topic we have our 500 ton indigenous design which is called nahang and also we managed to overhaul a not seaworthy kilo submarine without its blueprints or any assistant or spare part from thr builder , I guess that itself say enough about shipmaking capabilities

Right now , the answer would be no.

Right now , the answer would be no.

Well , saying the missile was c-802 is like saying that hanit can withstad a direct hit from harpoon . Well I like you to say that to an American .
Missile hit the crane over hangar.

And we better knew what we gave hezboallah , if iran say we gave them kowsar it mean that we gave them c-701 not c-802 .
1) You know nothing about Iran's weapons supplies to Hezbollah. They dont share this kind of information with kids.
2) Your so called Kowsar is nothing but C701 copy. Iran is unable to design its own anti ship missiles.

And claim about destroying radars is funnier tnan claim about that missile was c-802 just search it and you see that both usa and israel after the attack ordered their navy to keep at least 100km from the shore.
There is nothing funny all coastal radars were destroyed, Ive seen videos of destruction with my own eyes.
Ships were not moved, in fact after that attack Hezbollah two times reported that it hit Israeli ships but it was BS of course.

By the way let tell you small fact about kowsar missie , its guidance is tv-homing , infra red and a small milimeter rader infront of its warhead that is used both for detecting target and adjust its altitiude and i dont use any separate radar , the system is consisted of the launcher which can be a small boat , a truck or an helicopter and the missile itself . Nothing more . Now you if you like can make a joke of yourself by saying you destroyed all lebanese radars to stop hezboallah from firing any more missile . Honnestly you tnought we give hezboallah domething that rely on radars.
Spare me of that BS. C701 is not loitering missile it cant search targets.

Now back to topic we have our 500 ton indigenous design which is called nahang
Your midget north korean copies are only good to suicide and propaganda for kids like you.

and also we managed to overhaul a not seaworthy kilo submarine without its blueprints or any assistant or spare part from thr builder , I guess that itself say enough about shipmaking capabilities
All countries who posses submarines overhaul them. There is nothing special about it.

Miniature nuclear subs dont make a sense because they will be very noisy and easy to detect.

Short answer: No.

Can Iran build a land-based nuclear power plant? Making a compact marine version is much more difficult still.

Missile hit the crane over hangar.

1) You know nothing about Iran's weapons supplies to Hezbollah. They dont share this kind of information with kids.
2) Your so called Kowsar is nothing but C701 copy. Iran is unable to design its own anti ship missiles.

There is nothing funny all coastal radars were destroyed, Ive seen videos of destruction with my own eyes.
Ships were not moved, in fact after that attack Hezbollah two times reported that it hit Israeli ships but it was BS of course.

Spare me of that BS. C701 is not loitering missile it cant search targets.

Your midget north korean copies are only good to suicide and propaganda for kids like you.

All countries who posses submarines overhaul them. There is nothing special about it.

Miniature nuclear subs dont make a sense because they will be very noisy and easy to detect.

Its of no consequence if a c-802 hit the ship or a crane above it . A c-802 even if detonate alogside the ship is powerful enough to sank ships z small as hanit.
More importantly hanit was 18km away from shore a d egyptian ship was more than 60 km away from the shore
Eilat Class - Naval Technology
defense-update.com/2006/07/ins-hanit-suffers-iranian-missile.html

Also saar5 have ground attzck capzbilities , thid ships carry oto marla 76mm canon

About radars getting destroyed you even destroyed roads , factories and shacks but that change nothing kowsar is a fire and forget missile that if needed can change its target and it have a milimeter radar that help it aquire its target and rely on no land radar

The fact that you think our indigenous 500 ton submarine is a copy of N. Kordan 120 ton submarine show how jealous or missinformed you are (you can choose the oneyou like) and by the way its romoured one of these suicide subs was the one which fired one torpedo and sank S. Korean ships two years ago and every ody knew that S. Korean are better ship builders than ISRAEL
And no, not all the countries overhaul their subs , and certainly no country without the help of builder of the submarine and blueprints and spareparts .

we will unveil fateh this year which has a mass of 600 tons, also we will unveil qaeem which has a mass of 1200 tons.
in 5 years we will have a 4000-5000 ton submarine, we are probably working on a Iranian made kilo, we have made good step by refurnishing tariq on our own with 18,000 Iranian made pieces. hopefully in the next 10 years we will see a nuclear submarine.

as far as I am seeing, we need to work on a cooling system, I read once few years ago that Iran was making compact reactor. this was 5 years ago I think, so by now it should be done.

Its of no consequence if a c-802 hit the ship or a crane above it . A c-802 even if detonate alogside the ship is powerful enough to sank ships z small as hanit.
Nasrallah was also sure that Hanit will sank thats what he said on TV. Alas he trusted too much in poor Iranian copy.

Also saar5 have ground attzck capzbilities , thid ships carry oto marla 76mm canon
No, they dont carry 76-mm.

About radars getting destroyed you even destroyed roads , factories and shacks but that change nothing kowsar is a fire and forget missile that if needed can change its target and it have a milimeter radar that help it aquire its target and rely on no land radar
You cant fire a missile into a blind. You need to detect ship first.

The fact that you think our indigenous 500 ton submarine is a copy of N. Kordan 120 ton submarine
Ghadir is copy of North Korean Yono.
Nahang is copy of North Korean Sango.

show how jealous
yes I am very jealous that you have 5 times less GNP per capita than us. That you still cant design your own anti ship missile, while we made it more than 40 years ago. And especially I am jealous that you copy north korean WW2 era midget junk.

we will unveil fateh this year which has a mass of 600 tons, also we will unveil qaeem which has a mass of 1200 tons.
in 5 years we will have a 4000-5000 ton submarine
Fan boy detected.

if we want build a nuclear submarine in next decades then we should start research from now ...

anyway , our navy first goal is securing our sea borders and our ships safety ....

Back
Top Bottom