What's new

Iran offers to ship crude to India for free

Iran is refusing to sell oil for only rupees, but now all of the sudden wants to give free oil away? This is a joke of a article.

Good for India

Perfect, simple, bold & blunt!

Unfortunately, good for India may not necessarily be good for Pakistan and this case not even for Iran.
However, It does reflect, how Iran place Pakistan vs. India. which is diplomatically not so sound.
I'm sure Pakistan would not mind taking oil deliveries, with having no payments to make.... Only deferred payment offer would be good enough for Pakistan's democratic regimes.

I'm totally against the system of taxation. but careful, not to mix zakat with tax and further more, exemption of zakat deduction does not mean Iran loyalists does not pay zakat, they do lot more.... unfortunately, never to poor of Pakistan.

As you see India can buy, than there are no sanctions. If you do not know, Iran is the biggest supply route to Afghanistan.. If US puppet, Afghanistan can do shopping from Iran than do not bother any one with sanction fiction, ever again.
Tragedy is that you and your clan make stories out of thin air, which reflect your hate against Saudi Arabia.
If Saudi Arabia is such a big evil than why does Iran loyalists go to work there?
When Pakistan was under triple sanctions from US, it was only two friendly states who does business with Pakistan, namely KSA & China.
Why shall i forget the support of KSA... they were the life line of each and every Pakistani.... irrespective of religion.
On nukes...... be clear, what ever KSA does, it does openly and boldly, when they will be in need of nukes, they will demand openly..... will save its haters from speculation.

And what made you conclude that I hate KSA or believe KSA to be evil ? I believe Saudi Arabia is islamic country , and so is Iran . If talking about muslim unity offends you , then brother I cant help you . Our religion teaches tolerance . It is the Taliban version of Islam which does not tolerate any other sect .
And I am not a Iran loyalist , but I do respect all pro Iran pakistanis as well as pro KSA pakistanis

Perfect, simple, bold & blunt!

Unfortunately, good for India may not necessarily be good for Pakistan and this case not even for Iran.
However, It does reflect, how Iran place Pakistan vs. India. which is diplomatically not so sound.
I'm sure Pakistan would not mind taking oil deliveries, with having no payments to make.... Only deferred payment offer would be good enough for Pakistan's democratic regimes.

1. There is reason i just said India -
2. Iran place Pakistan where it belongs as per her Interest, same way Pakistan place Iran where it belongs as per her interests. Being neighbors & Muslim countries, relation should not be like this but that's not the case.
3. Even if Iran give us crude oil, that will be of no use for us because we don't have any refinery to process that kind of oil. And why they should give us? What their interests will be achieved? Same way KSA also have her interests that's why they support Pakistan --- nothing is free.

Last edited:
1. There is reason i just said India -
2. Iran place Pakistan where it belongs as per her Interest, same way Pakistan place Iran where it belongs as per her interests. Being neighbors & Muslim countries, relation should not be like this but that's not reality.
3. Even if Iran give us crude oil, that will be of no use for us because we don't have any refinery to process that kind of oil.
4. Why they should give us? What their interests will be achieved? Same way KSA also her interests that's why they support Pakistan --- nothing is free.

ch. sb. so far, i failed to see Iran's interest in this deal.
Pakistan is neutral and does not differentiate, Pakistan's remarks on Syrian conflict in favour of Iran and against KSA are enough to guess.
I'm just failing to understand Iranian's recent behaviour.

ch. sb. so far, i failed to see Iran's interest in this deal.
Pakistan is neutral and does not differentiate, Pakistan's remarks on Syrian conflict in favour of Iran and against KSA are enough to guess.
I'm just failing to understand Iranian's recent behaviour.

The source in OP is gulfnews - So, i will wait for other source.
Pakistan & Iran both are neutral or support each other at diplomatic level on different issue and also against each other covertly when their interests are not aligned i.e. They support NA in Afghanistan, Our govt. support Pashtuns. Pakistan didn't have any other choice on Syria because same kind of case is in process against Pakistan itself. So - it's was wise decision to raise voice against interference in internal matter of sovereign countries. Recent behavior will be more clear in next few months once the result of US-Iran negotiation is clear, If there is breakthrough than you may even see pipeline funded by US :pop:

Iran is refusing to sell oil for only rupees, but now all of the sudden wants to give free oil away? This is a joke of a article.

Plz read the article, the headline is a bit messed up.

It says ''Free Shipping'' not ''Free Oil''.:)

One reason could be that since due to sanctions Indian Companies can't get Insurance for Shipment easily besides India isn't that far away compared to Iran's other big clients like China, Korea or Japan.

Then the renewal of US waiver for India is also pending in Dec.

Such BS should not be allowed on this site.:astagh:
This is not bullsit but Persian Racism Supremacy against Arabs and Sunnis is really Bullshit :pakistan: 
China is Helping USA Oppression on the World especially Arabs and Muslim World by giving Trillions of Dollars to USA, China is also getting Billions of Dollars of Profit from USA by Importing Trillions of Dollars of Cheap Chinese Labor Worth of Goods Made in China to USA and Europe, China is very Evil, Pakistan and Muslims look and take China as friend but China Occupied almost 25 percent of Land Mass of Occupied Kashmir which is really a part of Pakistan or Kashmir Aksai Chin also they occupy a big part of Gilgit Baltistan called Shaksgam Valley in Chinese. China Occupy Parts of India and other Asian Countries
China is Sleeping Dragon but it is slowly Waking up! if China Wakes up then as Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon sayings goes in Sahih Bukhari
The Prophet got up from his sleep with a flushed red face and said, "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah. Woe to the Arabs, from the Great evil that is nearly approaching them. Today a gap has been made in the wall of Gog and Magog like this." (Sufyan illustrated by this forming the number 90 or 100 with his fingers.) It was asked, "Shall we be destroyed though there are righteous people among us?" The Prophet said, "Yes, if evil increased."
I strongly Believe China is Big Part of Gog Magog but not all of Gog Magog and Muslims esp. Arabs, Persians, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran have to Watch out for China Rise as they will be in the Way of China during Chinese Hell March towards Jerusalem and other Oil Rich Arab Middle East Countries, Only Allah will reveal the Truth in time!

Since Iran is under sanctions so its a marketing strategy to lure India by offering shipment of crude oil free

The regime should send iranian people as slave to other countries for free, this is one of the the last things they have not done yet for Iran.

Last edited:
Fail thread, because of misinterpretation by some members.
Iran is not giving free oil to India. Why the f*ck would Iran do that? lol get out of your own heads.
They are offering the transport for free. And since India is not far away...

What crap article is this... In international trade... FOB is a common practice....whats new in what Iran is doing.

New Delhi: Iran is offering free delivery of crude to major
client India, industry sources said, signalling that tough
Western sanctions which have slashed its exports in half
are driving Tehran to increasingly desperate measures to
keep oil flowing.
The US has yet to ease the pressure on Asian buyers to
continue reducing purchases from the Opec member, even
though Iran and world powers began two days of talks on
Thursday hoping to reach a “first step” towards ending the
decade-old standoff over Tehran’s disputed nuclear
programme.
The drop in exports is costing Iran billions of dollars in lost
revenue every month. Tehran is also unable to repatriate
most of the money earned from oil it does manage to sell,
as the sanctions have cut off bank transfer facilities,
crippling its economy by choking off its biggest revenue
stream.
Despite the near halt of petrodollar payments, Iran is
resorting to measures such as offering deep discounts on
oil and now free delivery to India, according to sources who
requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.
Iran’s remaining Indian clients — Mangalore Refinery and
Petrochemicals Ltd, Essar Oil and Indian Oil Corp — could
save freight of 70 cents to $1 a barrel on purchases from
Iran, said one of the sources.
Tehran is also offering Indian buyers a discount on price if
refiners raise purchases, the sources said.
“The more you buy, the more incentives you get. If a refiner
buys 30 million barrels of Iranian oil in a year then the
discount translates to 25 cents per barrel,” this source
added.
Iran already offers 90 days’ credit on crude sales to Indian
refiners while most other producers stick to 30 days’ credit.
While any discount would be attractive as India tries to curb
an oil import bill that was around $170 billion (Dh624
billion) in 2012/13, it likely would be wary of raising
imports just prior to a review of its waiver from US
sanctions.
India’s six-month exemption comes up for renewal in early
December, shortly after top US energy diplomat Carlos
Pascual’s current visit to New Delhi.
Sources have said the US is unlikely to allow Iran’s exports
to rise before a deal is struck with Tehran. Both sides
involved in the Geneva talks have said a breakthrough was
far from certain.
India so far looks well on track to meet US conditions to
renew its waiver. Daily imports from Iran slid 34 per cent in
June-September from the six months between December
2012 and May 2013, data from trade sources shows.
India is one of Iran’s few remaining clients along with other
Asian buyers China, Japan and South Korea.
In India, there is about $5.3 billion of Iranian oil money held
up by the sanctions. Of the total, about $1.8 billion is with
the oil companies who have bought crude from Iran and the
remainder is held with a bank, sources said.
In South Korea, total Iranian money stuck in bank accounts
is more than $5 billion, a source with direct knowledge of
the matter said.
In Japan, a similar amount of Iranian oil money has been
held up since the beginning of the year, according to
sources.

gulfnews.com/news/world/india/iran-offers-to-ship-crude-to-india-for-free-1.1252615

Back
Top Bottom