What's new

Iran now has her own S-300

If Iran does acquire S-300, Israel will launch electronic warfare to blind the S-300 Systems and/or launch Jericho missiles to take out the missile batteries before its Air Force is in range of these systems.

But Iran will never acquire the S-300 as Saudis want to purchase the S-300 for themselves and Russia also wants to get into the Middle East Arms game.

BAVAR 373 , (iran made it ) is better than s300, russia didn't build anything for us because of the presser of west and the UN etc

BAVAR 373 , (iran made it ) is better than s300, russia didn't build anything for us because of the presser of west and the UN etc

Iranians are doing their best, but I highly doubt BAVAR 373 is as good as and better than S-300, never the less it would compete with S-200D, considering new matured technologies available it would surpass in many Areas where S-200 falls short in its functionalities, my opinion the Next version could compete with S-300 variants, by all accounts it is an achievement to develop indigenous SAM Systems.

Any video of this highly advanced S-300?

Iranians are doing their best, but I highly doubt BAVAR 373 is as good as and better than S-300, never the less it would compete with S-200D, considering new matured technologies available it would surpass in many Areas where S-200 falls short in its functionalities, my opinion the Next version could compete with S-300 variants, by all accounts it is an achievement to develop indigenous SAM Systems.

RQ-170 ... :whistle:

I had expected that this would be a modified variant of some older S-300 that they had been able to acquire. But from what I've rea about the Bavar this seems unlikely. It seems to be a locally designed SAM system, but they must have gotten assistance from Belarus and firms in Russia or China, and incorporated existing S-300 technology into it.

As for the claims of it being superior to the S-300 on the export market, considering that Russia doesn't sell it's latest SAMs on the export market, it's possible that the Bavar-373 is competitive with what's available on the market.

Unfortunately, since the prototype was built late last year, I'm not sure if it will be inducted in time for any potential strike this summer.

Good link on the Bavar-373 (not sure if it's been posted earlier):

Fars News Agency :: DM: Production of Iranian S-300 Missile System in "Good Progress"

DM: Production of Iranian S-300 Missile System in "Good Progress"
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said that Iran has achieved good results in developing and producing the Iranian version of the sophisticated Russian S-300 air defense missile system.

"The production of an alternative (air defense) missile system for S-300 is underway and parts of the work have been done and yielded good results so far," Vahidi told reporters on the sidelines of military parades staged on the occasion of the National Army Day here in Tehran on Tuesday.

Vahidi added that relevant information about the latest developments in the production of the sophisticated missile system will be announced this Iranian year (started on March 20).

In December, a top Iranian Air Defense commander announced that the designing phase of the Iranian version of S-300 air defense missile system has ended and the system would soon be manufactured and delivered to the country's integrated air defense network.

"The design of the system has been accomplished by local elite experts," Commander of Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defense Base Brigadier General Farzad Esmayeeli told reporters.

"The system has been designed by Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defense Command, Iranian industries and academic centers and will join the country's air defense network in the near future," Esmayeeli noted.

He further said that the missile system, dubbed as Bavar (Belief) 373, is even more powerful and more advanced than the Russian S-300.

"Bavar 373 system is an important and completely indigenous achievement that can be a powerful rival for S-300," the commander reiterated.

Under a contract signed in 2007, Russia was to provide Iran with at least five S-300 air-defense systems. But later, Moscow shrugged off doing its end of the bargain under different excuses.

Moscow's continued delays in delivering the defense system drew criticism from the Islamic Republic on several occasions.

And eventually, Russia refused to deliver the system to Iran under the pretext that the system is covered by the fourth round of UN Security Council resolutions against Iran.

Nothing will work in a US and NATO alligned forces attack. Whole of the world would witnessed. Although I am against any attack on Iran

Nothing will work in a US and NATO alligned forces attack!!!. Whole of the world would witnessed. Although I am against any attack on Iran

RQ-170 :whistle:

RQ-170_in_Iran-550x337.png

All this great news about Iran, makes me more believe Iran is the strongest muslim nation in the world military wise.

well , we should wait , IMO discussing about something that no one don't know anything about it , is useless !!

Perhaps B-373 would be better than S-300 or maybe it would be nothing more than a downgrade version of S-200 or even It would be a lie ...

Only thing we knew about B-373 is that we knew nothing about it !!!

A good arms race has been started between US/Israel and Iran....whoever gonna be smarter in this arms race would win the battle materialistically or will have an upper hand......:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom