What's new

Iran now has her own S-300

I highly doubt this news. The author of the article looks like a conspiracy nut and this is not factually backed.

S-300 is a very advanced missile defense system and it takes years of R&D Research to come close to it.

Correct; AFAIK, S-300 was first deployed in 1978 with a highly upgraded new variant and Radar were put to Test and deployed in 1987+ and then followed various modernized variants. Thus for Iran to develop such a system it has to have the S-300 System in its inventory to Study, we do not know IF Iran has acquired S-300 variant from Croatia or Libya But sources say Not otherwise, never the less Iran could have been working on something after acquiring S-200 possibly an advance variant of S-200 that has better detection-interception success rate/Radar BUT it is questionable, They are full of surprises.:cheers:

S 300 HAVE NO TECH to Detect Stealth Planes....So there is no plus point to you...

US deployed F22 Near Iran To attack...so your S300 Won't work in War Time....Better to place some Crossbow Soldiers there that May Help you to Attack F22

Hi, did you know the story of israel deal to acquire F-35s, Fear from S-300s.
Israel's purchase of F-35 Lightning II fighters was allegedly motivated in part to nullify the threat of S-300 missiles that were, at the time the fighters were initially sought, subject to a potential arms sale to Iran.[Add Syria and other countries.]

Looks like the Iran theater is getting hot with new kind of toyz coming out everyday....creating suspense for the world and especially for the US/Israel Nexus.......the showdown would be quite interesting if happened........:coffee:

Israel probably Already Cracked it, Just like they Cracked the S-300 Based on Crete at the moment they where stationed there.

How can Israel crack B-373? Its not S-300. They havent even seen it ;)

That said, that article is on optimistic side. Iran’s Defense Minister Vahidi few weeks ago said:

“The production of an alternative (air defense) missile system for S-300 is underway and parts of the work have been done and yielded good results so far”

"Vahidi added that relevant information about the latest developments in the production of the sophisticated missile system will be announced this Iranian year (started on March 20)."

B373 partially completed now, with full-fledged prototype probably finished in this Iranian year (until 2013.03.20).

Such advanced SAMs takes time. Design was completed last year, within 2 years manufacturing figured out, add more time for testing, tweaking, fixing, and fully working system should be mass produced in 2014 at the earliest IMO. If war happens sooner, Iran can deploy what they have - B-373 doesnt have to be fully completed with 3-tier missiles to be useful, if 1-2 tiers are done, it will be used in action.

I really doubt that report, S-300 is very advanced SAM and if Iran can build a system like that then they are way ahead of many countries who are spending the millions of dollars in the R&D .

impossible.... S-300 is a very advanced air defence. only top arms country like usa, russia, china and india have developed such long range SAMS indegeneously. even china took help from russia on it. sorry to say but i doubt iran did it on its own.

iran has never built a short range sam how they directly jumped over to long range ones.

I think the russian played the good cop with UN by banning the export but sold Iranians the blue prints and the software under the table as a DIY kit.

I think the russian played the good cop with UN by banning the export but sold Iranians the blue prints and the software under the table as a DIY kit.

russia has always helped under the table to all its friendly countries. indian nuclear sub is an example. they trained our scientists and they came back to india and built our submarine. same thing has happened here.

Probably, at least thats what I would do in Iran's place - buy blue-prints and experts consultations from Russia and/or China. HQ-9 is also good, which was also in Iran possession for many years now.

Probably, at least thats what I would do in Iran's place - buy blue-prints and experts consultations from Russia and/or China. HQ-9 is also good, which was also in Iran possession for many years now.
Excellent work done by Russia and China if they helped Iran develop the Iranian version of S-300 Air defence system. ....:coffee:

Actually, thankyou for bringing it to the light, HQ-9/S-200/Perhaps basic variant of S-300 the first production model could have played important role in developing Iranian SAM System.

Here is some interesting information for you people to read, S-200 is still very effective and Iran being an old buyer of s-200 could have started R&D on S-200 with the current technologies-sophisticated computers and modern electronics a new variant of S-200 is not impossible whatever it is named, the thing is You have to start from somewhere!

S-200 Versions

S-200A "Angara" (SA-5a), with the V-860/5V21 or V-860P/5V21A missile, introduced in 1967, range 160 km (88 mi), ceiling 20 km (66,000 ft)
S-200V "Vega" (SA-5b), with the V-860PV/5V21P missile, introduced in 1970, range 250 km (155 mi), ceiling 29 km (95,000 ft)
S-200 "Vega" (SA-5b), with the V-870 missile, range increased to 300 km (186 mi) and ceiling to 40 km (125,000 ft) with the new, shorter missile and solid fuel motor
S-200M "Vega-M" (SA-5b), with the V-880/5V28 or V-880N/5V28N² missile, range 300 km (186 mi), ceiling 29 km (95,000 ft)
S-200VE "Vega-E" (SA-5b), with the V-880E/5V28E missile, export version, high explosive warhead only, range 250 km (155 mi), ceiling 29 km (95,000 ft)
S-200D "Dubna" (SA-5c), with the 5V25V, V-880M/5V28M or V-880MN/5V28MN² missile, introduced in 1976, high explosive or nuclear warhead, range 400 km (248 mi), ceiling 40 km (125,000 ft).

Read the article!!
China and Russia build it for them.
Read again!Its says that Russia REFUSED to export it to them and Chinese tech MIGHT have been INCORPORATED.
Three very important words you should not have missed.

Russia didn't give blueprints to Iran for the S-300.

Russia wants to sell the S-300 to the Saudis and other Gulf countries who are looking for atleast 12-18 missile launchers.

Why the hell would Russia jeopardize new relations with the Arabs over such an unreliable customer like Iran.

Not even Iran's Fars New Agency reported this. This article looks like total nonsense. And it was posted by Hafizzz too :D

Russia didn't give blueprints to Iran for the S-300.

Russia wants to sell the S-300 to the Saudis and other Gulf countries who are looking for atleast 12-18 missile launchers.

Why the hell would Russia jeopardize new relations with the Arabs over such an unreliable customer like Iran.

Not even Iran's Fars New Agency reported this. This article looks like total nonsense. And it was posted by Hafizzz too :D
Maybe Hafizz helped them to build it....:D

Hi, did you know the story of israel deal to acquire F-35s, Fear from S-300s.
Israel's purchase of F-35 Lightning II fighters was allegedly motivated in part to nullify the threat of S-300 missiles that were, at the time the fighters were initially sought, subject to a potential arms sale to Iran.[Add Syria and other countries.]

I am not consider or Tell that F35 in Action....F22 is better than F35 ..i know about s 300 that have no way to detect America's F22 ....

Why you telling about F35 And Israel

I am not consider or Tell that F35 in Action....F22 is better than F35 ..i know about s 300 that have no way to detect America's F22 ....

Why you telling about F35 And Israel

sir, that is how israelis urgently request F-35s on fast track basis due to the fear regarding potential S-300 Sales and importing by Third Party. S-300 is potentially dangerous SAM Systems poses danger, and that is all on record, ask israel Why.

Back
Top Bottom