What's new

Iran: No oil through strait if sanctions applied

Once again Sino brings out the Anglo bullshit even though Obama is somewhat black.

I am afraid here Iran cannot count on anyone.

The Russians would love to see Iran go down the drain, it would increase oil prices, and they would benefit. Iran and Russia are competitors in both oil and gas exports. Russia's talk means nothing ... they are using that only as a bargaining chip with America.

China is a different beast. However, every country must first care for its own citizens. I am not sure how much China can gain from giving unconditional support to current Iranian policies. Though the Chinese are proud and independent people, they are also very business-like.

In the end, Iran needs to be realistic and put the interests of its own citizens (if it cares at all for them) above everything else. It might require an accommodation with the powers that really have power ... unfortunately that means USA, since India, China, Russia have no teeth. But they seem to be miscalculating again and hoping that Russia or China will save them. They are in a dead-end, because even an accommodation with the US seems impossible given the decades of hostility, mistrust, and mutual hatred and demonizing.

The only hope for Iran is a change in the regime that will make a change in foreign policy credible. Though Iran pursues an admirable and independent foreign policy, it holds no water because no one is willing to stick it out with them. No country ... not Russia, not China ... not even Syria or Iraq. Even tiny Hezbollah might revert to Lebanese nationalism.

Iran is down a precipitous path. I hope I am wrong.

they seem to be miscalculating again and hoping that Russia or China will save them.

I don't think Iran is expecting any of these countries to 'save' them. What Iran is saying is that any escalation, including sanctions, will lead to consequences that will plunge the world into a recession. This will make it harder for the US to garner international support for any escalation against Iran.

Of course, if the US or Israel decides to act unilaterally, that is a whole different matter. Even in that case, Iran is laying the groundwork to place the blame on the aggressors.

Maybe it would go like this:

1. sanctions applied
2. Iran blocks the straits
3. Confrontation ensues and escalates
4. Commence military attack/retaliation by USA, Saudi Arabia, and Israel

Maybe it would go like this:

1. sanctions applied
2. Iran blocks the straits
3. Confrontation ensues and escalates
4. Commence military attack/retaliation by USA, Saudi Arabia, and Israel

If israel joins saudi Arabia will have no part of it and same is true for israel. Neither one of those soldiers will accept working with the other.

Just as I thought.... when the chips are down, india will choose to side with the Anglos and turn against Iran instead of maintaining it's "non-aligned" policy against US pressure.
you understood him wrong. what he meant that iran didnt calculate properly when playing this card. india and other south asian + china will get affected.

I hope Pakistan China standup.................. but guess not since Saudies will kicking there *****

Just as I thought.... when the chips are down, india will choose to side with the Anglos and turn against Iran instead of maintaining it's "non-aligned" policy against US pressure.

I don't see that happening India is more pro Iran. Most of us don't have a problem with a nuclear Iran.

If usa puppy saudi arabia even think of doing any hank-panky with israel then it will be first one to be taken out by iran.

LoL I love how people underestimate our capabilities.

I don't see that happening India is more pro Iran. Most of us don't have a problem with a nuclear Iran.

However we may not be able to suffer the consequences of our oil supplies being stopped by our 'friend'.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

I hope Pakistan China standup.................. but guess not since Saudies will kicking there *****

Your oil also comes from ME.

And this thought scares the $hit out of CCP.good darna zaroori hai.

CCP aint scared of no Punjabi son.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

However we may not be able to suffer the consequences of our oil supplies being stopped by our 'friend'.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Your oil also comes from ME.

Chinese people are very smart. Now Chinese people get their resources from Africa, Samoa, South China Sea, etc. Chinese got other alternatives!

I don't think Iran is expecting any of these countries to 'save' them. What Iran is saying is that any escalation, including sanctions, will lead to consequences that will plunge the world into a recession. This will make it harder for the US to garner international support for any escalation against Iran.

Of course, if the US or Israel decides to act unilaterally, that is a whole different matter. Even in that case, Iran is laying the groundwork to place the blame on the aggressors.

They are playing their card very safely.

There will be no oil import ban from them as China & Russia will veto it, basically coz of oil concerns.

Even if there is any attack on Iran, still they can block the sea routes.

Chinese people are very smart. Now Chinese people get their resources from Africa, Samoa, South China Sea, etc. Chinese got other alternatives!

I was answering Mr.420..a Pakistani. I was asking the Pakistanis cheering for Iran how they will get their oil.

I pray to god every day that Iran slaps the United States in the face. If they continue their arrogance, it might just happen soon.

I am afraid here Iran cannot count on anyone.

The Russians would love to see Iran go down the drain, it would increase oil prices, and they would benefit. Iran and Russia are competitors in both oil and gas exports. Russia's talk means nothing ... they are using that only as a bargaining chip with America.

China is a different beast. However, every country must first care for its own citizens. I am not sure how much China can gain from giving unconditional support to current Iranian policies. Though the Chinese are proud and independent people, they are also very business-like.

In the end, Iran needs to be realistic and put the interests of its own citizens (if it cares at all for them) above everything else. It might require an accommodation with the powers that really have power ... unfortunately that means USA, since India, China, Russia have no teeth. But they seem to be miscalculating again and hoping that Russia or China will save them. They are in a dead-end, because even an accommodation with the US seems impossible given the decades of hostility, mistrust, and mutual hatred and demonizing.

The only hope for Iran is a change in the regime that will make a change in foreign policy credible. Though Iran pursues an admirable and independent foreign policy, it holds no water because no one is willing to stick it out with them. No country ... not Russia, not China ... not even Syria or Iraq. Even tiny Hezbollah might revert to Lebanese nationalism.

Iran is down a precipitous path. I hope I am wrong.

Trust me, if the Iranian people decide to reinstall the despotic rule of Shah, overnight the problem will be solved. It takes two to make friendship but one is sufficient to start a quarrel. As far as I can tell, the Iranian people will never tolerate the puppets of america to rule Iran and so, the problem will persist, no matter how sincere the Iranian government is in trying to solve the problem.

Back
Top Bottom