What's new

Iran is sending a hell'va alot of weapons into Russia's campaign - Ukraine officials are now blaming Iran of murdering Ukraine civilians

Battlion25

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Ukraine official condemns Iran over Russian drone attacks​

Kyiv calls for EU sanctions on Iran hours after Ukraine cities were hit by swarms of ‘kamikaze’ drones allegedly sold to Russia, killing at least four people.
Kyiv.jpg

Ukrainian rescuers scour the rubble at a residential building destroyed in a Russian drone attack in downtown Kyiv on Monday [Oleg Petrasyuk/EPA-EFE]

17 Oct 2022

A Ukraine official has accused Iran of responsibility for the “murders of Ukrainians” after Russia attacked cities with what Kyiv called “kamikaze drones” made in the Islamic Republic and allegedly sold to Moscow.

Ukraine has reported a barrage of Russian air attacks using Iranian-made Shahed-136 drones in recent weeks. Iran denies supplying the drones to Russia, while the Kremlin has not commented.

Last month President Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced the accreditation of the Iranian ambassador was revoked as a result of Russian forces using Iranian drones to attack Ukraine.

“Iran is responsible for the murders of Ukrainians,” Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak wrote on Twitter on Monday.

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba on Monday called for EU sanctions on Iran, a few hours after Kyiv was hit by swarms of kamikaze drones, killing at least four people and wounding many others.

Kuleba said on Twitter he “requested more air defence and supply of ammunition [and] called on [the] EU to impose sanctions on Iran for providing Russia with drones”.

Later on Monday, the US State Department called the “deepening” alliance between Russia and Iran a “profound threat” that countries across the world should monitor, warning of further sanctions against Tehran’s weapons industry.

“Anyone doing business with Iran that could have any link to UAVs [drones] or ballistic missile developments or the flow of arms from Iran to Russia should be very careful and do their due diligence,” State Department deputy spokesperson Vedant Patel told reporters. “The US will not hesitate to use sanctions or take actions against perpetrators”.

Samir Puri, a senior fellow at the International Institute for Strategic Studies based in Singapore, told Al Jazeera the Shahed-136 – “the kamikaze drone now being used and repurposed by the Russians” – was “bought off the shelf from Iran [and] moved to the war zone”

“Anyone doing business with Iran that could have any link to UAVs [drones] or ballistic missile developments or the flow of arms from Iran to Russia should be very careful and do their due diligence,” State Department deputy spokesperson Vedant Patel told reporters. “The US will not hesitate to use sanctions or take actions against perpetrators”.

This comment is extremely ignorant comment from that state deputy spokesperson dude is dumb as a door and he doesn't deserve that post cuz dude is speaking as if he was living on a rock for the last 25+ years.. Iran is by far and large pro-Russian element since post the cold war.... Why hire these guys I don't even think they know who is who and where they are themselves..... He couldn't be more wrong forget arms, missiles and drones Iran has countless of pro-iranian militias on the ground as cannon fodders..

Last edited:
This comment is extremely ignorant comment from that state deputy spokesperson dude is dumb as a door and he doesn't deserve that post cuz dude is speaking as if he was living on a rock for the last 25+ years.. Iran is by far and large pro-Russian element since post the cold war.... Why hire these guys I don't even think they know who is who and where they are themselves..... He couldn't be more wrong forget arms, missiles and drones Iran has countless of pro-iranian militias on the ground as cannon fodders..

''The ignorant part was the deepening alliance and that the global countries should monitor??''..

As if this is something new.. Apparently they were not here in the last couple of decades I guess..

Vedant patal is quite surprisingly an Indian and his the one who said that.. smh

Makes a change of seeing western weapons kill Muslims

They had no issues over the last 20 years dropping bombs and now they are crying because a few drones are being used by Russians

I will say one thing,, Turkish weapons used by Ukraine, Iranian Weapons being used by Russians

Even Pakistan is allegedly sending plane loads of munitions to Ukraine

How times are changing

They had no issues over the last 20 years dropping bombs and now they are crying because a few drones are being used by Russians

I will say one thing,, Turkish weapons used by Ukraine, Iranian Weapons being used by Russians

How times are changing

Turkey send weapons before war and something that has been communicated to the Russian side diplomatically... The same with Pakistan.. They are not a party to the war.. But Iran has not only send weapons they have pro-Iranian militias on the ground on top of that.. They are an active player in this conflict unlike the two others you mentioned who are not by any means necessary..

The West is an active player on Ukraine side while Iran is active on Russia side

Last edited:
"Drones" do not kill people.."Drone Operators" Kill people...There are no Iranian Drone operators in Ukraine or Russia..

PS: A good lesson for Ukraine to remember when they were selling all kinds of weapons to Iran's enemies and calling it "a purely business decision!"..Tables have turned buddy get used to it!

If there’s anything Ukrainian war taught me, it’s that we were all probably wrong to laugh at Iranian weapons development programme. They seem to have done incredibly well despite all the sanctions placed on them.

people are making a mountain out of a molehill

"Drones" do not kill people.."Drone Operators" Kill people...There are no Iranian Drone operators in Ukraine or Russia..

PS: A good lesson for Ukraine to remember when they were selling all kinds of weapons to Iran's enemies and calling it "a purely business decision!"..Tables have turned buddy get used to it!

I never thought of Ukraine as a major arms exporter. I doubt they sold weapons to Iran's enemies unless Pakistan qualifies as one

Turkey send weapons before war and something that has been communicated to the Russian side diplomatically... The same with Pakistan.. They are not a party to the war.. But Iran has not only send weapons they have pro-Iranian militias on the ground on top of that.. They are an active player in this conflict unlike the two others you mentioned who are not by any means necessary..

The West is an active player on Ukraine side while Iran is active on Russia side

I have been saying this all along since June. They have pro-militias active on the ground since they were transfered from Syria.. Iran is not only a weapon supplier but an active combatant on the ground

example China is not an active player in the conflict nor a party and the same with Turkey that has assumed mediator role.. But Iran is an active party and combatant

How times are changing

According to @dbc Pakistan is finished very soon.

Just like the Americans drone operators used to kill innocent Pakistanis in tribal areas.

I am surprised that Russia's drone game is that weak, I thought they'd have a much stronger array of drone weapons at their disposal that would prevent the need to import.

Just like the American drone operators used to kill innocent Pakistanis in tribal areas.

It is funny how these savages are today weeping for their blond Ukrainian brothers and sisters. They have no qualms in killing sand people.

Back
Top Bottom