What's new

Iran helps Venezuela in its time of need

Iran Sends Shipment of Food to Venezuela in Latest Delivery

By The Associated Press

CARACAS, Venezuela — Iranian officials said one of their cargo ships was expected to dock in Venezuela on Sunday with food to launch the first Iranian supermarket in the South American nation.

The Golsan's delivery marks “another success in friendly and fraternal relations between two countries,” officials at the Iranian Embassy in Caracas announced in a tweet a day earlier.

Both Iran and Venezuela are foes of President Donald Trump and heavily sanctioned by the the United States and their ties have increased recently.

The food follows Iran's recent flotilla of five tanker ships filled with gasoline sent to relieve Venezuela's deep fuel shortages, the result of broken-down refineries and U.S. sanctions. Iran also provided Venezuela with key ingredients needed to restart refineries and resume producing its own gasoline.

Experts say that in addition to food, the most recent shipment could also be carrying equipment to help repair Venezuela's collapsed refineries.

“That ship can carry 23,000 tons,” said Russ Dallen, head of the Miami-based investment firm Caracas Capital Markets, who tracked the ship's progress. “That would be enough food for a whole chain of Iranian supermarkets across the country, not just one.”

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/06/21/world/americas/ap-lt-venezuela-iran.html

IADS for Venezuela.
a lot of toys for Venezuela in the near future.

It seems that the trumpenhfurer is now having second thoughts about continuing to back us stooge guaido.....
Says open to meeting president maduro....
:usflag::jester::usflag:
Exclusive: Trump cold on Guaidó, would consider meeting Maduro

1592771721527.jpg

https://www.axios.com/trump-venezuela-guaido-maduro-ea665367-b088-4900-8d73-c8fb50d96845.html

In an Oval Office interview with Axios on Friday, President Trump suggested he's had second thoughts about his decision to recognize Juan Guaidó as the legitimate leader of Venezuela and said he is open to meeting with dictator Nicolás Maduro.

Driving the news: Asked whether he would meet with Maduro, Trump said, "I would maybe think about that. ... Maduro would like to meet. And I'm never opposed to meetings — you know, rarely opposed to meetings.

• "I always say, you lose very little with meetings. But at this moment, I've turned them down."
The big picture: Trump also indicated he doesn't have much confidence in Guaidó, who has failed to wrest control of the Venezuelan government despite support from the U.S. and dozens of other countries.

• Asked whether he regretted his decision to follow his former national security adviser John Bolton's advice on Guaidó, Trump initially said "not particularly," but then went on to say, "I could have lived with it or without it, but I was very firmly against what's going on in Venezuela."
  • Trump said that at the point he weighed in and recognized Guaidó, "Guaidó was elected. I think that I wasn't necessarily in favor, but I said — some people that liked it, some people didn't. I was OK with it. I don't think it was — you know, I don't think it was very meaningful one way or the other."
Why it matters: If Trump meets with Maduro, it would completely upend his administration's policy on Venezuela. Top administration officials, including Vice President Pence and Secretary of State Pompeo, have invested a huge amount of energy in supporting Guaidó.

• And in March, Attorney General Bill Barr announced that the Justice Department was charging Maduro with narcoterrorism. The DOJ press release announcing the charges referred to him as the "Former President of Venezuela."
Behind the scenes: A former Trump administration official told me Trump's comments to Axios tracked with their firsthand experience of the first two and a half years of his presidency, when Venezuela policy was a hotter issue in the West Wing than it is now.

• In 2017, the Venezuelan government reached out to the White House and the State Department at least twice to express Maduro's willingness to meet with Trump, the former official said.
  • In one of these instances, the Venezuelan Embassy called the White House switchboard. The other request came in a letter. Maduro also publicly expressed his desire to meet with Trump.
  • The former official said it was a "recurring concern" inside the administration during 2017 and 2018 that Trump would meet with Maduro. "It was really stop and go there for a while," he said. "And the Venezuelan opposition was beside themselves."
  • The president signaled a general openness to meeting Maduro in 2018, but also reiterated that "all options" were on the table — a signal he was considering military action against Venezuela.
In his book, "The Room Where It Happened," Bolton writes this of Trump's private feelings about Guaidó, after throwing the full diplomatic weight of the U.S. government behind him:

• "He thought Guaidó was 'weak,' as opposed to Maduro, who was 'strong.'”
  • "By spring, Trump was calling Guaidó the 'Beto O'Rourke of Venezuela,' hardly the sort of compliment an ally of the United States should expect."
  • "It was far from helpful but typical of how Trump carelessly defamed those around him, as when he began blaming me for the opposition's failure to overthrow Maduro."
  • In Axios' interview, Trump described his former national security adviser as a "nutjob" who may be the "dumbest human being on Earth" for persistently supporting the Iraq War.

It seems that the trumpenhfurer is now having second thoughts about continuing to back us stooge guaido.....
Says open to meeting president maduro....
:usflag::jester::usflag:
Exclusive: Trump cold on Guaidó, would consider meeting Maduro

1592771721527.jpg

https://www.axios.com/trump-venezuela-guaido-maduro-ea665367-b088-4900-8d73-c8fb50d96845.html

In an Oval Office interview with Axios on Friday, President Trump suggested he's had second thoughts about his decision to recognize Juan Guaidó as the legitimate leader of Venezuela and said he is open to meeting with dictator Nicolás Maduro.

Driving the news: Asked whether he would meet with Maduro, Trump said, "I would maybe think about that. ... Maduro would like to meet. And I'm never opposed to meetings — you know, rarely opposed to meetings.

• "I always say, you lose very little with meetings. But at this moment, I've turned them down."
The big picture: Trump also indicated he doesn't have much confidence in Guaidó, who has failed to wrest control of the Venezuelan government despite support from the U.S. and dozens of other countries.

• Asked whether he regretted his decision to follow his former national security adviser John Bolton's advice on Guaidó, Trump initially said "not particularly," but then went on to say, "I could have lived with it or without it, but I was very firmly against what's going on in Venezuela."
  • Trump said that at the point he weighed in and recognized Guaidó, "Guaidó was elected. I think that I wasn't necessarily in favor, but I said — some people that liked it, some people didn't. I was OK with it. I don't think it was — you know, I don't think it was very meaningful one way or the other."
Why it matters: If Trump meets with Maduro, it would completely upend his administration's policy on Venezuela. Top administration officials, including Vice President Pence and Secretary of State Pompeo, have invested a huge amount of energy in supporting Guaidó.

• And in March, Attorney General Bill Barr announced that the Justice Department was charging Maduro with narcoterrorism. The DOJ press release announcing the charges referred to him as the "Former President of Venezuela."
Behind the scenes: A former Trump administration official told me Trump's comments to Axios tracked with their firsthand experience of the first two and a half years of his presidency, when Venezuela policy was a hotter issue in the West Wing than it is now.

• In 2017, the Venezuelan government reached out to the White House and the State Department at least twice to express Maduro's willingness to meet with Trump, the former official said.
  • In one of these instances, the Venezuelan Embassy called the White House switchboard. The other request came in a letter. Maduro also publicly expressed his desire to meet with Trump.
  • The former official said it was a "recurring concern" inside the administration during 2017 and 2018 that Trump would meet with Maduro. "It was really stop and go there for a while," he said. "And the Venezuelan opposition was beside themselves."
  • The president signaled a general openness to meeting Maduro in 2018, but also reiterated that "all options" were on the table — a signal he was considering military action against Venezuela.
In his book, "The Room Where It Happened," Bolton writes this of Trump's private feelings about Guaidó, after throwing the full diplomatic weight of the U.S. government behind him:

• "He thought Guaidó was 'weak,' as opposed to Maduro, who was 'strong.'”
  • "By spring, Trump was calling Guaidó the 'Beto O'Rourke of Venezuela,' hardly the sort of compliment an ally of the United States should expect."
  • "It was far from helpful but typical of how Trump carelessly defamed those around him, as when he began blaming me for the opposition's failure to overthrow Maduro."
  • In Axios' interview, Trump described his former national security adviser as a "nutjob" who may be the "dumbest human being on Earth" for persistently supporting the Iraq War.
trump foreign policy was a disaster, he is like a kid and resorts to name calling unlike any other politician in the world. he said he do not want a war in ME anymore yet he put his country in position of war several times. he couldn't get a deal with Iran, he couldn't change Venezuelan political system... he will not be able to stop Iran arm deals in future too.

Iran Receives Money for Gasoline Sold to Venezuela: Official
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – A member of Iran’s Expediency Council said the country has received money from Venezuela for selling gasoline with five oil tankers.

In comments on Monday, Ali Aqamohammadi said Iran has no problem in receiving money for the gasoline it has sold to Venezuela.

He said the money earned by selling gasoline to Venezuela with five oil tankers has been received and deposited in the treasury of Iran.

Aqamohammadi, who is also the chairman of the economic group at the office of Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei, said the gasoline money has been deposited in the treasury as a credit gained by the National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company and the Oil Ministry.

Five Iranian oil-laden ships have so far reached Venezuelan shores, and the sixth vessel carrying a cargo of food has entered Venezuela’s territorial waters on Monday.

Venezuela experiences difficulties with the supply of gasoline due to sanctions unilaterally imposed by the United States which has also slapped unilateral sanctions on Iran, which are aimed at ending its oil exports.

The shipments have created a fresh diplomatic standoff between the US and Iran, with an American official saying Washington is considering measures in response without providing further details.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...money-for-gasoline-sold-to-venezuela-official

Iranian Cargo Ship Unloaded at Venezuelan Port

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Iranian cargo ship which carried foodstuff and medical supplies was unloaded at La Guayra port in Northern Venezuela on Wednesday night, defying the US sanctions and opposition.
Golsan was the sixth Iranian ship anchored at in Venezuelan ports to help the Latin American country in fighting fuel shortage and coronavirus epidemic despite the US opposition and threats.

Golsan ship, which had left Iran over a month ago, arrived in Venezuela earlier this week.

Earlier it was reported Iranian-flagged Golsan cargo ship left Bandar Abbas in mid-May and now is in Venezuela's territorial waters.

Iranian cargo ship Golsan is carrying food and medical supplies to combat coronavirus pandemic, Iran's Ambassador to Caracas Hojjat Soltani wrote on his Twitter page on Sunday.

Recently, Iranian oil tankers docked at Venezuela's port after passing the Caribbean Sea to help the friendly nation of Venezuela deal with shortage of fuel caused by the US sanctions against the country.

Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro thanked Iranian support, stressing that Caracas and Tehran are both after peace, and have right to do free trade.

Earlier in the month, five Iranian oil tankers carrying millions of barrels of gasoline and components entered the ports of the fuel-starved South American country and are now on their way back to Iran.

Secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Rear Admiral Ali Shamkhani noted that the return of his country’s fuel tankers from Venezuela, and said the fools who were after besieging Tehran now feel overpowered by Tehran.

“Iranian tankers, having accomplished their mission successfully, are coming back to the country. This means that the strategy of active resistance has been efficient and the idiots who were seeking to lay siege on us, have now been trapped in the siege stemming from Iran’s might,” Shamkhani wrote in his Twitter account.

“Trump and Hook's begging for negotiation testifies to this very claim,” the top security official said.

Iran’s fuel supply to Venezuela has sharply irked the US as the oil sectors of both countries are subject to draconian American sanctions.

A US official said last month that President Donald Trump’s administration was considering responses, prompting Tehran to warn of retaliatory measures if Washington causes any problem for the tankers.

In response, President Rouhani said his country is always entitled to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity, and warned that if his country's oil tankers in the Caribbean or anywhere in the world get into trouble by the Americans, Tehran will definitely retaliate.

“Although some of the US measures have created unacceptable conditions in different parts of the world, we will not be the initiator of tension and clash,” Rouhani said in a phone call with the Qatari Emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani last month.

Referring to the American moves in the Caribbean, he reiterated, “If our oil tankers face problems in the Caribbean Sea or anywhere in the world by the Americans, they will face problems reciprocally.”

https://en.farsnews.ir/newstext.aspx?nn=13990405000651

Iranian Cargo Ship Unloaded at Venezuelan Port

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Iranian cargo ship which carried foodstuff and medical supplies was unloaded at La Guayra port in Northern Venezuela on Wednesday night, defying the US sanctions and opposition.
Golsan was the sixth Iranian ship anchored at in Venezuelan ports to help the Latin American country in fighting fuel shortage and coronavirus epidemic despite the US opposition and threats.

Golsan ship, which had left Iran over a month ago, arrived in Venezuela earlier this week.

Earlier it was reported Iranian-flagged Golsan cargo ship left Bandar Abbas in mid-May and now is in Venezuela's territorial waters.

Iranian cargo ship Golsan is carrying food and medical supplies to combat coronavirus pandemic, Iran's Ambassador to Caracas Hojjat Soltani wrote on his Twitter page on Sunday.

Recently, Iranian oil tankers docked at Venezuela's port after passing the Caribbean Sea to help the friendly nation of Venezuela deal with shortage of fuel caused by the US sanctions against the country.

Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro thanked Iranian support, stressing that Caracas and Tehran are both after peace, and have right to do free trade.

Earlier in the month, five Iranian oil tankers carrying millions of barrels of gasoline and components entered the ports of the fuel-starved South American country and are now on their way back to Iran.

Secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Rear Admiral Ali Shamkhani noted that the return of his country’s fuel tankers from Venezuela, and said the fools who were after besieging Tehran now feel overpowered by Tehran.

“Iranian tankers, having accomplished their mission successfully, are coming back to the country. This means that the strategy of active resistance has been efficient and the idiots who were seeking to lay siege on us, have now been trapped in the siege stemming from Iran’s might,” Shamkhani wrote in his Twitter account.

“Trump and Hook's begging for negotiation testifies to this very claim,” the top security official said.

Iran’s fuel supply to Venezuela has sharply irked the US as the oil sectors of both countries are subject to draconian American sanctions.

A US official said last month that President Donald Trump’s administration was considering responses, prompting Tehran to warn of retaliatory measures if Washington causes any problem for the tankers.

In response, President Rouhani said his country is always entitled to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity, and warned that if his country's oil tankers in the Caribbean or anywhere in the world get into trouble by the Americans, Tehran will definitely retaliate.

“Although some of the US measures have created unacceptable conditions in different parts of the world, we will not be the initiator of tension and clash,” Rouhani said in a phone call with the Qatari Emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani last month.

Referring to the American moves in the Caribbean, he reiterated, “If our oil tankers face problems in the Caribbean Sea or anywhere in the world by the Americans, they will face problems reciprocally.”

https://en.farsnews.ir/newstext.aspx?nn=13990405000651
hope alot of weapons too for venezuelan forces

hope alot of weapons too for venezuelan forces
Unlike USA we are not in war business and don't sell arm to different parties around the world . we sometimes provide defensive equipment to oppressed people around the world to defend themselves from the various. Bullies and aggressors.

Iran sends BIGGEST EVER fleet of oil tankers to Venezuela, defying US sanctions

Iran is sending a large fleet of oil tankers to Venezuela to help the Latin American nation survive a severe lack of fuel, Bloomberg has reported, citing sources. Both countries are facing US sanctions targeting their oil trade.
According to the sources, some of the flotilla of around ten Iranian vessels will also help export Venezuelan crude after discharging fuel.
The current fleet under sail is about double the size of the one that first startled international observers in May when crossing part of the Caribbean Sea patrolled by the US Navy, they said.
The last Iranian fuel shipments sent in early October on three vessels are running out, threatening steeper nationwide shortages.

The sources said that the two nations are also discussing ways for Iran to help Venezuela overhaul its Cardon refinery, the last fuel plant there to operate more or less regularly.

The Iranian fuel shipments have been arriving in Venezuela despite Washington working hard to thwart the mission. In August, the US captured four Iranian cargo vessels on the high seas, taking hold of several fuel tankers on their way to Venezuela. The US has also sought to grab other Iranian vessels in the past.

“We’re watching what Iran is doing and making sure that other shippers, insurers, ship owners, ship captains realize they must stay away from that trade,” the US’ special representative for Iran and Venezuela, Elliott Abrams, said in September.

Despite previous threats from Washington to halt the flow of fuel into Venezuela, Iran has remained adamant about the shipments, repeatedly stating they would continue.

Iran and Venezuela have both been hit by sweeping US sanctions, including restrictions targeting their energy sectors. Washington, which has been openly seeking to oust Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, has offered support to self-proclaimed ‘interim president’ Juan Guaido, while slapping Venezuela’s state oil company PDVSA with sanctions. As a result, Venezuelan oil exports, which account for most of the country’s budget revenue, tanked to multi-year lows. Oil production in the country, which has the world's largest reserves, has plunged to a 75-year low.

I have come to notice recently that rt can also be as much of a sewage geyser as any of the major garbage news outlets. Omid Dana discussed the most likely real news regarding the August incident where 4 rented ships took gasoline from 4 other foreign flagged ships with the only Iran connection being the gasoline's origin. This nonsense garbage is still going to peddled about for all of time.
I hope IRIN and IRGCN are ready to respond if the septic tank (white house) decides to do something stupid and bold, given no response for the recent murder of Fakhrizadeh at the hands of roaches might embolden them to seize the entire flotilla and cripple Iran's shipping with zarif and rohani et al secretly celebrating.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom