What's new

Iran helps Venezuela in its time of need

I have come to notice recently that rt can also be as much of a sewage geyser as any of the major garbage news outlets. Omid Dana discussed the most likely real news regarding the August incident where 4 rented ships took gasoline from 4 other foreign flagged ships with the only Iran connection being the gasoline's origin. This nonsense garbage is still going to peddled about for all of time.
I hope IRIN and IRGCN are ready to respond if the septic tank (white house) decides to do something stupid and bold, given no response for the recent murder of Fakhrizadeh at the hands of roaches might embolden them to seize the entire flotilla and cripple Iran's shipping with zarif and rohani et al secretly celebrating.
Nobody understands what is going on in the minds of the Iranian leadership. On the one hand, they say that they're waiting Trump out before they revenge the assassination of Fakhrizadeh, on the other hand they provide the Trump administration with a new opportunity for a new escalation before he leaves the office.

They have to pick one. Either they should wait Trump out and refrain from any potential escalation in the next 40 days, or they should respond to the US provocations regardless of how much time Trump has before leaving the Oval Office. They can't pursue both at the same time, unless they want to look like imbeciles and lose their reputation even more.

Nobody understands what is going on in the minds of the Iranian leadership. On the one hand, they say that they're waiting Trump out before they revenge the assassination of Fakhrizadeh, on the other hand they provide the Trump administration with a new opportunity for a new escalation before he leaves the office.

They have to pick one. Either they should wait Trump out and refrain from any potential escalation in the next 40 days, or they should respond to the US provocations regardless of how much time Trump has before leaving the Oval Office. They can't pursue both at the same time, unless they want to look like imbeciles and lose their reputation even more.
When did they say they will wait for Trump to leave before they act? All interviews that I red makes it clear that they are working on finding who were behind it and will act accordingly. I just red yesterday that they have made some arrests and have also identified some of the masterminds behind the terror.

When did they say they will wait for Trump to leave before they act? All interviews that I red makes it clear that they are working on finding who were behind it and will act accordingly. I just red yesterday that they have made some arrests and have also identified some of the masterminds behind the terror.
Iranian authorities, including military officials, have said, at least a ten times, that they will react to the assassination in "the appropriate time and place", meaning that they will not do anything before Trump leaves the office. Not only that, mashreghnews and other news outlets have repeatedly said that the Israelis knew that Iran would not respond to the assassination before the end of Trump's presidency and they had written about it in their newspapers as well (I think it was Jerusalem Post). That's why they chose this time for the assassination.

Now if you want to pretend that that's not the case, go ahead. Every single person on this forum knows and understands that Iran will not respond to the assassination before Biden takes the office. And that assumes that Iran will give a response, while many believe that Iran will not do anything.

رئیس‌جمهور خاطرنشان کرد: «این ترور وحشیانه نشان می دهد دشمنان ما در هفته‌های پر اضطرابی هستند، هفته‌هایی که احساس می‌کنند دوران فشار آن‌ها کم می‌شود و شرایط جهانی تغییر می‌کند.»

دکتر روحانی ادامه داد: «برای آن‌ها مهم است که از این چند هفته حداکثر استفاده را ببرند تا هم بتوانند شرایط نامطمئنی در منطقه به وجود آورند و هم توجهات جهانی از ترور و ارعابی که این روزها در مناطق اشغالی به وجود آورده بودند، به مشکلات و مسائل دیگر معطوف شود.» رئیس‌جمهور تأکید کرد: «همۀ اتاق‌های فکر و همۀ دشمنان ایران به خوبی بدانند ملت ایران و مسئولین کشور شجاع‌تر و غیورتر از آن هستند که این اقدام جنایتکارانه را بی پاسخ بگذارند و مسئولین مربوطه به موقع مناسب پاسخ این جنایت را خواهند داد.» دکتر روحانی با بیان اینکه ملت ایران هوشمندتر و حکیم‌تر از آن هستند که در دام توطئه صهیونیست‌ها بیافتند، اظهار داشت: «آن‌ها در فکر ایجاد یک آشوب و بلوا هستند، بدانند که ما دست آن‌ها را از پیش خوانده‌ایم و آن‌ها موفق نخواهند شد به اهداف خبیثانه خود دست پیدا کنند.»

Iranian authorities, including military officials, have said, at least a ten times, that they will react to the assassination in "the appropriate time and place", meaning that they will not do anything before Trump leaves the office. Not only that, mashreghnews and other news outlets have repeatedly said that the Israelis knew that Iran would not respond to the assassination before the end of Trump's presidency and they had written about it in their newspapers as well (I think it was Jerusalem Post). That's why they chose this time for the assassination.

Now if you want to pretend that that's not the case, go ahead. Every single person on this forum knows and understands that Iran will not respond to the assassination before Biden takes the office. And that assumes that Iran will give a response, while many believe that Iran will not do anything.
If you mean you are reading between the lines and inferring that, fine. But no one in Iran has said specifically that they are waiting for Trump to leave before they take action.

On the contrary, I would say this is the best time for Iran to do whatever it wants because no president, even Trump, would start a war in his last weeks in the office because they are not able to see it through and rip the benefits.

Iran needs to first figure out who did it and which agencies were involved and then retaliate which may as well take until after Trump's term.

If you mean you are reading between the lines and inferring that, fine. But no one in Iran has said specifically that they are waiting for Trump to leave before they take action.

On the contrary, I would say this is the best time for Iran to do whatever it wants because no president, even Trump, would start a war in his last weeks in the office because they are not able to see it through and rip the benefits.

Iran needs to first figure out who did it and which agencies were involved and then retaliate which may as well take until after Trump's term.

Did you read the part I had quoted from Rouhani?
It's pretty clear who did it. Israel and the United States did it. It's a no-brainer.

To go on with something one has already been practicing for quite some time doesn't qualify as escalation. Also oil shipments to Venezuela can hardly be regarded as retaliation for something like an assassination, unless explicitly portrayed as such. So I don't see much of a contradiction here.

Did you read the part I had quoted from Rouhani?
It's pretty clear who did it. Israel and the United States did it. It's a no-brainer.

Iran needs to determine whether only one of these two was responsible or if it was done with the aid of the other (and how important that aid was). Iran's reaction could vary depending on this. To date there has been no definitive statement by Iran in this regard.

Nothing is going to happen even if trump leaves the office right now.

To go on with something one has already been practicing for quite some time doesn't qualify as escalation. Also oil shipments to Venezuela can hardly be regarded as retaliation for something like an assassination, unless explicitly portrayed as such. So I don't see much of a contradiction here.

Iran needs to determine whether only one of these two was responsible or if it was done with the aid of the other (and how important that aid was). Iran's reaction could vary depending on this. To date there has been no definitive statement by Iran in this regard.
You didn't get it. The US can use this opportunity to escalate the situation and further disrepute us militarily. What if the US seizes the tankers and makes a big deal out of it when they are in international waters? What then? Why should you provide your enemy (who is looking for opportunities like this) to escalate tensions when you know that they are trying their best to do whatever they can before they leave the office in 39 days?

You didn't get it. The US can use this opportunity to escalate the situation and further disrepute us militarily. What if the US seizes the tankers and makes a big deal out of it when they are in international waters? What then? Why should you provide your enemy (who is looking for opportunities like this) to escalate tensions when you know that they are trying their best to do whatever they can before they leave the office in 39 days?

I don't believe the US regime is baiting Iran to provide it with a pretext for actual military aggression. In Iran itself, only the liberals have been making such claims (with reformist newspapers and officials presenting the murder of shahid Fakhrizadeh as a "trap" and calling for restraint).

Even if we suppose they are right, fact remains that the retaliatiatory action Iran would have to take in case the US seized Iranian oil tankers - namely to seize oil tankers in return, would represent far less of a valid casus belli than the military type of operations Iran ought to carry out in order to make Washington pay for the martyrdom of Dr. Fakhrizadeh. Mutual confiscations of oil tankers are far less likely to lead to war than an Iranian move to kill some US security official for example, or to conduct a deadly attack against US forces in Iraq in response to the assassination of Dr. Fakhrizadeh.

That's why I don't see much of a contradiction in Iran's policy here.

I don't believe the US regime is baiting Iran to provide it with a pretext for actual military aggression. In Iran itself, only the liberals have been making such claims (with reformist newspapers and officials presenting the murder of shahid Fakhrizadeh as a "trap" and calling for restraint).

Even if we suppose they are right, fact remains that the retaliatiatory action Iran would have to take in case the US seized Iranian oil tankers - namely to seize oil tankers in return, would represent far less of a valid casus belli than the military type of operations Iran ought to carry out in order to make Washington pay for the martyrdom of Dr. Fakhrizadeh. Mutual confiscations of oil tankers are far less likely to lead to war than an Iranian move to kill some US security official for example, or to conduct a deadly attack against US forces in Iraq in response to the assassination of Dr. Fakhrizadeh.

When is the retaliation coming Salar jan ? Natanz,Parchin, 7 Assassinated scientists, Syria etc.
You really deserve a gold medal for your optimism.

Do you seriously think that a person like Trump, or the United Nations Security Council, care about international laws? International laws are there to protect the rights of the winners of the World War II. Things like casus belli apply only to countries that are not permanent members of the UNSC, or do not have the unconditional support of the UNSC permanent members.

In any case, this is a reckless move that they could've done it 40 days later.

Do you seriously think that a person like Trump, or the United Nations Security Council, care about international laws? International laws are there to protect the rights of the winners of the World War II. Things like casus belli apply only to countries that are not permanent members of the UNSC, or do not have the unconditional support of the UNSC permanent members.

IKR! Where was the international law when hero Soleimani got killed in Baghdad International airport while on a diplomatic mission ?

About international law, no they don't care (I didn't mentioned international law, my reference to casus belli was a general not a legal one). But about political fallout (both domestic and international), yes they care. Which is why Trump would proceed to setting "traps" in the first place, if his intention really was to provoke Iran. If political calculations didn't matter and the US could literally just do as it pleases with no limitations whatsoever, then the whole idea that they would need Iran to do something first in order to have a justification would fall flat, and they would simply launch their war anyway.

_____

When is the retaliation coming Salar jan ? Natanz,Parchin, 7 Assassinated scientists, Syria etc.
You really deserve a gold medal for your optimism.

Arian is of the opinion that it would be reckless in the last days of Trump in office.

Five scientists were assassinated in 12 years, where does the figure 7 stem from?

When will they manage to expell Iranian forces from Syria? When will they manage to neutralize Lebanese Hezbollah? Any deadline yet for the defeat of Ansarallah in Yemen? What about Iran's missile power, has it been reduced to symbolic levels already? Any progress on the "regime change" front against Iran? Those who believe the enemy is 'winning' truly deserve a platinum medal for their selectiveness and desperation.

Last edited:
About international law, no they do not care (I didn't mentioned international law, my reference to casus belli was a general not a legal one). But about political fallout (both domestic and international) yes, they do. Which is why Trump would proceed to setting "traps" in the first place, if his intention really is to provoke Iran. If political calculations didn't matter and the US could literally just do as it pleases with no limitations whatsoever, then the whole idea that they would need Iran to do something first in order to react would fall flat, and they would simply launch their war anyway.

_____

Arian is of the opinion that it would be reckless in the last days of Trump in office.

Five scientists were assassinated in 12 years, where does the figure 7 stem from?

When will they manage to expell Iranian forces from Syria? When will they manage to neutralize Lebanese Hezbollah? Any progress on the "regime change" front against Iran? Those who claim that the enemy is 'winning' really need a platinum medal for their selectiveness.

As I said, it is reckless to give Trump an excuse for creating a new escalation if the regime's policy is to wait him out. If the regime wants to take revenge regardless of who is the POTUS, then you have my blessing. But at least do something that counts, like blowing up some building of the IDF or Mossad or assassinating a high-ranking Israeli official like Benny Gantz or Aviv Kochavi.

As I said, it is reckless to give Trump an excuse for creating a new escalation if the regime's policy is to wait him out. If the regime wants to take revenge regardless of who is the POTUS, then you have my blessing. But at least do something that counts, like blowing up some building of the IDF or Mossad or assassinating a high-ranking Israeli official like Benny Gantz or Aviv Kochavi.
Fingilisi minevisam ke kharejiha nafahman. Oza kheyli khitte dadash.
Bache-ha sepah dar suriye az tars dakhele sakhtemoon nemikhaban. Too in sarma badbakhta biroon mikhaban.Beheshun dastur dade shode ke harchi esraiil bombaroon kard, yek gulule ejaze nadaran be samte esrail shelik konan. In kheyli ajibe. Chera dolate iran dust dare too sarri bekhore va javab nade. In kheyli ajibe!
When will they manage to expell Iranian forces from Syria? When will they manage to neutralize Lebanese Hezbollah? Any progress on the "regime change" front against Iran? Any deadline yet for the defeat of Ansarallah in Yemen? Those who claim that the enemy is 'winning' really need a platinum medal for their selectiveness.
We are on the same side dadash. No need to tell me these. Vali hamash too sarri khordan va pasokh nadadan kheyli aberoo riziye.

Back
Top Bottom