What's new

Iran helps Venezuela in its time of need

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

They should send refinery experts there & spare parts.
Thats exactly whats been happening.Prior to the gasoline shipments there had been virtually continuous flights of at least once a day by mahan air bringing in engineers/technicians and equipment to restart fuel refining at one of their main refineries.These shipments are just a stopgap until fuel production resumes in venezuela.

do you have any more news on this news:
Venezuela:
"With the collaboration of our Iranian brothers, today after 8 years, once again a C-130 Hercules, sails our sovereign airspace "Raul Spallone"
If confirmed, the Iran / Venezuela military collaboration should have started some time ago

ask the experts:
Even the Iranian C-130s have displays with LCD screens
y5bHv2U.png

thanks

another one

With a high degree of confidence, we can say that an Iranian cargo vessel is en route to Venezuela with (what we believe to be) spare parts for repairing the country's refineries.

EaPix4pWkAEDutR

from U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY :
GOLSAN General Cargo Iran flag; Subject to Secondary Sanctions; Vessel Registration Identification IMO 9165815

Did Venezuela pay for the fuel, or did we give it to them as a loan or for free? If they have enough money, and can pay us without US freezing the assets, if they can pay us in gold for instance. I dont see why we are not sending them more.

Did Venezuela pay for the fuel, or did we give it to them as a loan or for free? If they have enough money, and can pay us without US freezing the assets, if they can pay us in gold for instance. I dont see why we are not sending them more.

even if it was delivered for free, the message iran has sent with this tanker to the world is priceless

even russia had no guts to send tankers to Venezuela...

Last edited:
500 million is nothing. We are going to lose a lot of money when we exchange the gold to fiat currency in the black market. If we didn't refine the oil ourselves, then we make even less profit. We need to send more, a lot more.
We can't force them to buy gasoline. If they need more, maybe we can send them more gasoline. But I agree that 500 million dollars is not much for 5 tankers of gasoline. Particularly when you consider the distance from Iran to Venezuela. But again, we can't really take Pompeo's word for granted.

even if it was delivered for free, the message iran sent with this cargo to the world is priceless
Assuming it was free which I don't believe so, that would be a very expensive message. Too expensive actually.

even if it was delivered for free, the message iran has sent with this tanker to the world is priceless

even russia had no guts to send tankers to Venezuela...
We are not exactly in our best economic times. Thanks to sanctions and that no one will do business with us. We cant afford to send expensive symbolic messages just for the sake of it. The message doesn't change anything. We are still sanctioned, and still, no one will do business with us. If Venezuela proves to be a valuable business partner, then I'm happy. But if it was some sort of power demonstration, it was a very expensive and ineffective one.

We can't force them to buy gasoline. If they need more, maybe we can send them more gasoline. But I agree that 500 million dollars is not much for 5 tankers of gasoline. Particularly when you consider the distance from Iran to Venezuela. Bug again, we can't really take Pompeo's word for granted.

Considering how much it costs to ship 5 tankers from Iran to Venezuela, the price of the tankers themselves, what we paid for the fuel if we didn't refine it ourselves. I dont see why we would risk losing our tankers to US for a 500M deal. I mean not only could we lose the tankers, the situation could escalate really bad. And knowing Iran, I dont think we would risk it for 500M. I honestly dont believe we can get away with this again. So if it was a one time thing, it was probably for a lot more than 500M, or we are placing bets on future business with Venezuela after Trumps presidency ends and US normalizes its ties with Venezuela, or we were desperate and had no other choice.

We are not exactly in our best economic times. Thanks to sanctions and that no one will do business with us. We cant afford to send expensive symbolic messages just for the sake of it. The message doesn't change anything. We are still sanctioned, and still, no one will do business with us. If Venezuela proves to be a valuable business partner, then I'm happy. But if it was some sort of power demonstration, it was a very expensive and ineffective one.

You have three easy allies already on your borders.

You need to accept Taliban rule, divest from NA and Kabul, and establish a peace treaty with them.

For Pakistan, kick Indians from Chahbahar and support Pakistan in Kashmir. You will become the favored friend of ours immediately. We are already predisposed to having good relations.

As for Turkey, your differences are not so much and can be talked through by forming a unity government in Syria.

All three would prevent Iran from suffering sanctions and help you skirt boycott. Similar to what Turkish bankers did for you in the US.

I pray that some visionary leaders come in Iran, we badly need to reset ties.

Despite the price of shipping to Venezuela, Iran has gained about 50-100 million just from the gasoline part.

The shipment of infrastructures is separate and even better.

Iran does not have to sell the gold outside the country since it is the sixth gold user.

Back
Top Bottom