What's new

Iran frees 2 soldiers kidnapped in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go beyond the headline, Pakistan as a state has promised that Pakistani land will not be used against neighbouring countries.

If such an operation took place within Pakistani territory we should question our security establishment. At the same time Iran cannot take unilateral actions within a sovereign country's territory.

I am sure there is some sort of understanding between the two neighbours.

Jaish ul-Adl incarnation of Jundullah. Pakistan needs to take care of such shadowy groups. They claim to be Sunni oppressed groups inside Iran and use the border between Iran and Pakistan to sow unrest. We know who sponsors and arms such groups. Let's not fall for this madness.

They change their labels when they target Iran and Pakistan. When it's Pakistan it's the Marxist Akbar revolution against evil imperialistic Pakistan. When they target Iran it's the sunni holy war against the evil shia regime.
There is full cooperation between these groups, both funded by outside nations.

This is basically what happens when PA decides to mess with IRGC and IRGC decides to show PA who's boss.

By that definition the mexcian smugglers has an impressive success rate against the u.s armed forces ------ however they never claimed to boss the Pentagon.

EtXyav0WYAALIrj.jpg

So these are two IRGC released in swap on Feb 2nd??

Picture appears to be heavily photoshopped.
And poorly photoshopped as well.

Pro Tip: Do not use magic wand to delete the background rather make selections with pen tool. It is always a good idea to introduce a few pixel of feathering to the edges to make foreground/background blending more realistic. Better luck next time :-)

Last edited:
It looks, there was a mutual understanding between two countries Border forces for such action.PA itself took action in 2019 to release at least 4 Iranian soldiers.
However, depicting this news in way as Iran did something without any mutual understanding or gave a big surprise to PA is not fair.
I believe such operation for mutual benefits should be done with each other's permission. It helps to minimize terrorist elements in remote areas.

Summary
So far this is what has been reported by various sides;
Iranian media reports that there was a rescue operation conducted in Sistan region on their side.
Meanwhile select Iranian and Pakistani media/journalists report that there was a cross border operation into Pakistani territory to rescue them.
Local media reports suggest that it was a prisoner exchange as done in the preceding years near the Iranian-Pakistani border (on Iranian side) and that 4 Sunni prisoners were released in exchange for the 2 Iranian border guards.
So all in all many contradictory reports, I myself am leaning on the prisoner exchange reports due to it being more likelier however it is unconfirmed as far as i know.

Reactions: HRK
They exchanged. no such operation took place. let iranians celebrate it. this is the same country whose highest ranking army officer was butchered. you heard all the revenge drama but these people doesn't have the courage. they only use proxy. they hire youth. remember how israel easily killed their nuclear scientist. it was some type of special weapon. america should take out entire spirtual soul from iran. you have to kill them like insects. they deserves it. their is no freedom in iran. women adducts woman on roads lol.
irani sympathizers should be punished. cancel dual citizenship. kill all or dump them to iran through cpec hahaha. i don't care, i mean why are you guys even responding to these freaks? look at their country! suleimani died like a hero for them but in reality, it was a terrible death. this is how you treat a terrorist.

Isn't that what happened?

It sounds like IRGC carried out a successful covert rescue operation across the border which is pretty impressive actually. Sounds like something US Special Ops or Navy SEALs would do. If its true, I'm actually surprised this isn't a much bigger story.

Could be because Pakistan wasn't cooperating which isn't that surprising, so I don't blame IRGC for doing it themselves if they have the capability. Definitely not a good look for PA if IRGC can slip across the border into Pakistan undetected that easily and then exfiltrate back to Iran but I guess IRGC specializes in these kind of black operations so they've gotten pretty good at it. IMO we should learn from them.

This is basically what happens when PA decides to mess with IRGC and IRGC decides to show PA who's boss.

Also, there are 2 other notable things here:

1. I find it very interesting that essentially Iran has no issues admitting that they secretly entered Pakistan to conduct this hostage rescue operation. Normally this kind of thing would be kept secret for years, not released in a media statement so casually. I wonder what the Pakistani reaction will be to this. Could be that PA severely underestimated IRGC's ability to do a covert operation like this without consulting them.

2. If IRGC can successfully enter and exfiltrate Pakistan undetected to rescue 2 hostage IRGC soldiers, then it pretty much means they could capture any target in Pakistan and take them back to Iran with some degree of preparation which is pretty damning. Implications of this are pretty severe.

IMO this should be a much bigger story.

I doubt the authenticity of the story but ur comment atleast showed that ppl like u are namak haram and would side with ur sect instead of country.
About iranian capability, well we smashed their hindu daddy, so whats a puppy for us? Its that typical lowlife mentality of iranians and their chamchas which take our kindness and restraint as our weakness.

Isn't that what happened?

It sounds like IRGC carried out a successful covert rescue operation across the border which is pretty impressive actually. Sounds like something US Special Ops or Navy SEALs would do. If its true, I'm actually surprised this isn't a much bigger story.

Could be because Pakistan wasn't cooperating which isn't that surprising, so I don't blame IRGC for doing it themselves if they have the capability. Definitely not a good look for PA if IRGC can slip across the border into Pakistan undetected that easily and then exfiltrate back to Iran but I guess IRGC specializes in these kind of black operations so they've gotten pretty good at it. IMO we should learn from them.

Also, there are 2 other notable things here:

1. I find it very interesting that essentially Iran has no issues admitting that they secretly entered Pakistan to conduct this hostage rescue operation. Normally this kind of thing would be kept secret for years, not released in a media statement so casually. I wonder what the Pakistani reaction will be to this. Could be that PA severely underestimated IRGC's ability to do a covert operation like this without consulting them.

2. If IRGC can successfully enter and exfiltrate Pakistan undetected to rescue 2 hostage IRGC soldiers, then it pretty much means they could capture any target in Pakistan and take them back to Iran with some degree of preparation which is pretty damning. Implications of this are pretty severe.

IMO this should be a much bigger story.
make more stories. nobody believes you and your army. a country whose nuclear scientist and army officer was butchered should talk in a sensible way. you have absoluetely no evidence of your imaginary covert operation. pakistan is not saudia arabia where you influence yourself through proxies. pakistan has started crackdown on your terrorist groups. very soon, pakistan will talk to you in a way which you have never seen before.

Lot of people are in denial mode here that this was some propaganda or that this was some joint operation.

This is same IRGC that successfully captured US naval forces in Persian Gulf. They don't take permission from anyone.

I am not gonna defend PA when they did the wrong thing. PA should have at least made some attempt to rectify the situation. They didn't. Harsh but its the truth.

U dont need to do taqyya and we know ur real face. Namak haram like u are alot here, fatmiyun and zenabiyun terrorist grouos and filled with ur brothers.
The thing is iranians are stuoid morons and u thankful ones. Their most wanted terrorist abdullah regi was caught with help of Pakistan. Also 12 of those guards were rescued by Pakistan, so u saying PA disnt help is bullshit. I also doubt iranians have the guys to cross border and this is all propaganda.
You ppl and the likes of u are actually hindu ball ****** and u been their puppy for decades, no amount of policy will change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom