What's new

Iran frees 2 soldiers kidnapped in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping there is a clarification or at least something sent out by the Pakistani side as to their level of knowledge of the operation.

I see a lot of people here belittling PA.
Dont forget it was our boys who gave the Soviets a beating in Afghanistan. Iran is nothing lol, more talk no show and this is a fact. They could do nothing when the Israelis killed their top nuclear scientist and shot down a civilian plane to make up for the loss of Soleimani.
Just letting you know, if the Pakistan Armed Forces did start messing with Iran like they have been doing for years with us, they‘ll face a lot of problems.

Nice.
Congrats.
I mean, we have done so many OPs inside their territory......one or two by them seems okj.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did considering the state of our western border security. But I personally believe this is propaganda, since as pointed out, the terrorist groups would execute and mutilate the soldiers instead of keeping them alive.

All people here are forgetting that Iran and Pakistan have signed border security agreements for cooperation together during Imran Khan's visit to Iran. This news is actually an example of the success of our agreements.

The Guards are one of the best fighting units in Asia. One of the reasons why Zionist israel and USA have not attaked Iran.

"The Guards" are also one of the most corrupt and feared institute in Iran as per sources in Tehran. They extort money from any & all businesses and are actively involved in everything commercial within Iran.

All people here are forgetting that Iran and Pakistan have signed border security agreements for cooperation together during Imran Khan's visit to Iran. This news is actually an example of the success of our agreements.

Here on pdf, people always get it a bit late.

Isn't that what happened?

It sounds like IRGC carried out a successful covert rescue operation across the border which is pretty impressive actually. Sounds like something US Special Ops or Navy SEALs would do. If its true, I'm actually surprised this isn't a much bigger story.

Could be because Pakistan wasn't cooperating which isn't that surprising, so I don't blame IRGC for doing it themselves if they have the capability. Definitely not a good look for PA if IRGC can slip across the border into Pakistan undetected that easily and then exfiltrate back to Iran but I guess IRGC specializes in these kind of black operations so they've gotten pretty good at it. IMO we should learn from them.

This is basically what happens when PA decides to mess with IRGC and IRGC decides to show PA who's boss.

Also, there are 2 other notable things here:

1. I find it very interesting that essentially Iran has no issues admitting that they secretly entered Pakistan to conduct this hostage rescue operation. Normally this kind of thing would be kept secret for years, not released in a media statement so casually. I wonder what the Pakistani reaction will be to this. Could be that PA severely underestimated IRGC's ability to do a covert operation like this without consulting them.

2. If IRGC can successfully enter and exfiltrate Pakistan undetected to rescue 2 hostage IRGC soldiers, then it pretty much means they could capture any target in Pakistan and take them back to Iran with some degree of preparation which is pretty damning. Implications of this are pretty severe.

IMO this should be a much bigger story.
This is what the Iranians, or parts of their media, known for being bombastic showboats, are claiming.

So no, it shouldn’t be a bigger story given that it lacks any corroboration and is sourced from entities known to exaggerate and lie.

The story itself states that Pakistani forces rescued 5 soldiers earlier, so why would you claim that Pakistan ‘stopped cooperating and this was a unilateral action’?

Sounds like a coop. Recently Pakistani forces did the same capturing terrorists. IRGC did something similar, apart from quotes of stupid members asking for revenge and Indians laughing behind our back, it looks like a coordinated action.

Sounds like you just released a Bollywood version of the OP.
Someone needs to stop sucking Iranian cajones or change their flags.
The Guards are one of the best fighting units in Asia. One of the reasons why Zionist israel and USA have not attaked Iran.
The IGRC would be decimated by a US+Israeli air war much like Iraq was. The reason it hasn’t happened is not because the US alone can’t flatten Iran’s military, but because Iran has enough missiles to inflict significant damage on US allies regionally as it goes down, and the shockwave such a conflict would send through global economies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom