What's new

Iran frees 2 soldiers kidnapped in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's plausible but many of the articles say it was an intelligence heavy operation. Exchange requires minimal intelligence.

It strikes me as a bit odd than the typical operation because of the way they explained it. I am reading between the lines but it definitely seems something was out of the ordinary this time.

Prisoner exchanges require some basic contact info but nothing that would suggest the need for anything resembling an intelligence based or hostage rescue mission which was said to be the case by multiple sources.

There is a difference between cross border and hostage rescue operation. They are not the same thing. Pakistan claims cross border operation, Iran claims hostage rescue operation.

Hostage rescue implies that some level of security had to be violated to free the hostage which means either the border or the hostage takers. It could be one or both.

One of the sources said the operation took place during night. An exchange during night time seems very odd to me, but if you want to cross the border and conduct a hostage raid, night is best time to do it.

Iranian sources.......? You are trying to investigate the truth of their one claim while examining it against their other claims by the same sources? They could not possibly have been blowing smoke out of their behinds, right? The same source which is lying that it was a cross border operation could not possibly be also lying about the fact that it was "at night", or "an intelligence heavy operation", or "a hostage rescue mission". Aren't these the same guys who can't stop their terrorists from crossing over into Pakistan but start wailing against us every time they cross back over?

You are free to believe whatever makes you feel better about your true allegiances, fact however remains that Iran does not have the capacity or the spine to conduct anything of the sort. Hence also the reason why they buckled under their enemy's pressure, gave into its demands, swapped the prisoners, and then started lying to fool their own public and those wanting to be fooled. Too bad they don't fool anyone else.

Last edited:
Iranian sources.......? Oh yeah, they could not possibly have been blowing smoke out of their behinds. Aren't these the same guys who can't stop their terrorists from crossing over into Pakistan but start wailing every time they cross back over?

You're talking as if ISPR has clarified all the details of this operation which it has not done yet. Pakistan has acknowledged that some kind of operation did take place but didn't say much more than that. This is pretty indicative of the fact that there are some specific details that they would prefer people not know. I don't blame them for that since I wouldn't openly admit it either, but there is definitely some truth to the Iranian account as well. How much the Iranians agree with our version of the story will become clearer when ISPR gives more info on what they believe happened.

You're talking as if ISPR has clarified all the details of this operation which it has not done yet. Pakistan has acknowledged that some kind of operation did take place but didn't say much more than that. This is pretty indicative of the fact that there are some specific details that they would prefer people not know. I don't blame them for that since I wouldn't openly admit it either, but there is definitely some truth to the Iranian account as well. How much the Iranians agree with our version of the story will become clearer when ISPR gives more info on what they believe happened.
Remember it is February @Windjammer

You're talking as if ISPR has clarified all the details of this operation which it has not done yet.

You're talking as if you were there.

How will ISPR clarify "all the details of this operation" when there was no "this operation"? Every time Iran lobs a mortar over the border, ISPR presents a statement. The fact that they haven't this time clearly stands against what you are trying to claim and points towards letting the Iranians save whatever little face they have left.

Btw, as per your exceptional investigative insight, did the terrorists also conduct a "cross border intelligence heavy operation at night" at the very same time in Iran to free their 4 prisoners or did Iran let them go out of mercy?

Pakistan has acknowledged that some kind of operation did take place but didn't say much more than that. This is pretty indicative of the fact that there are some specific details that they would prefer people not know. I don't blame them for that since I wouldn't openly admit it either,

Show me.

but there is definitely some truth to the Iranian account as well.

Of course there is. Thank God that he has sent you as a prophet to us. Unless you were present at the location of the "operation", in which case you'd just be a regular joe who is actually privy to the truth.

How much the Iranians agree with our version of the story will become clearer when ISPR gives more info on what they believe happened.

Ah "our version".

Last edited:
"Military officials formed a joint committee between Tehran and Islamabad to free the kidnapped guards."

The Indian media are pedling this as, *clears throat* as 'sirjikal strike'. For all of you who are going bananas over this note the above. It was a joint operation.

Military officials formed a joint committee between Tehran and Islamabad to free the kidnapped guards.

Be aware its February

In 2019 IRGC was threatening retaliation before public humiliation of Indians on 27th Feb after which there was complete silence...
That can b one aspect of this

"Military officials formed a joint committee between Tehran and Islamabad to free the kidnapped guards."

The Indian media are pedling this as, *clears throat* as 'sirjikal strike'. For all of you who are going bananas over this note the above. It was a joint operation.
Thing is though if it was a joint operation you would be appreciating each other and being more open about it, instead we see Iran criticizing Pakistan and not even any appreciation of Pakistani help on the issue.
It's plausible but many of the articles say it was an intelligence heavy operation. Exchange requires minimal intelligence.

It strikes me as a bit odd than the typical operation because of the way they explained it. I am reading between the lines but it definitely seems something was out of the ordinary this time.

Prisoner exchanges require some basic contact info but nothing that would suggest the need for anything resembling an intelligence based or hostage rescue mission which was said to be the case by multiple sources.

There is a difference between cross border and hostage rescue operation. They are not the same thing. Pakistan claims cross border operation, Iran claims hostage rescue operation.

Hostage rescue implies that some level of security had to be violated to free the hostage which means either the border or the hostage takers. It could be one or both.

One of the sources said the operation took place during night. An exchange during night time seems very odd to me, but if you want to cross the border and conduct a hostage raid, night is best time to do it.
Indeed, seems that things are a little jumbled up and do not make sense which tends to happen when there is an information vacuum, thus all sorts of conspiracies manage to make it to the headlines. I do hope a clarification is issued speedily with detail from Pakistan.

The Cuckold mentality of so many Pakistanis shocks me. It really does not matter if it happened or not, or whether they were in the right or not - there can be no justification for Iranian military presence in Pakistan.

It doesn't surprise me though. First America was Abbu JI, then China, now people are looking for more local Abbu Jis.

The Cuckold mentality of so many Pakistanis shocks me. It really does not matter if it happened or not, or whether they were in the right or not - there can be no justification for Iranian military presence in Pakistan.

Technically true, but if it was flipped and some group on the other side of the border held PA soldiers hostage, most of the people bashing Iran would be the same people advocating for PA to do the exact same thing.

Technically true, but if it was flipped and some group on the other side of the border held PA soldiers hostage, most of the people bashing Iran would be the same people advocating for PA to do the exact same thing.

Yes, thats hypocritical, but you know what - i don't mind that.

I've got no problem with an Iranian saying "we did the right thing here", my issue is with us Pakistani saying it.

Even if it was a joint op - why don't we have the capability to catch these people? Maybe there were circumstances, like the Iranians were in hot persuit and crossed unknowingly, or asked for permission to cross, or even had permission before hand to cross if the need arised - fair enough.

But we should no way be making excuses for our forces or anyone elses, friend or foe, if they're crossing into our territory.

We should also learn how not to shoot down own civilian airliner while firing ballistic missiles on enemy to avenge a dead general and how to make sure that enemy doesn't kill your top nuclear scientist right under your nose

Funny people are talking about "capabilities" just to defend Iran
Can't defend against kidnapping in own territory.
Can attack enemy forces in hostile territory.

Typical PAROSAN style.

We would expect some Pakistanis to take emotional positions (call for unilateral ops) if Pakistani soldiers were held hostage in Iran.

We would expect some Iranians to take emotional positions (call for unilateral ops) if Iranian soldiers were held hostage in Pakistan.

We would not expect Iranians to take positions supporting or justifying Pakistani operations on Iranian soil just as we would not expect Pakistanis to take positions supporting or justifying alleged Iranian operations on Pakistani soil.

You, sir, are increasingly coming across as another Hussain Haqqani, except you're selling your loyalties to the Iranians instead of the Americans and Indians.

We would also expect States to act responsibly and issue responsible statements, especially when one State (Pakistan) had already demonstrated goodwill by rescuing 5 of the soldiers originally kidnapped. So Iran has no reason to argue lack of cooperation on the part of Pakistan here.

Quite frankly this has been a tendency on the part of Iran, and especially the IRGC, to issue inflammatory statements and press releases, scapegoat Pakistan and downplay Pakistani cooperation, perhaps to make themselves out to be an even bigger 'victim' in front of their own people and to hide their failures. And these exaggerated press releases claiming fantastic victories and magnificent intel/military ops aren't confined to Pakistan - just ask pretty much every other country that Iran has pissed off globally.

Last edited:
We would expect some Pakistanis to take emotional positions (call for unilateral ops) if Pakistani soldiers were held hostage in Iran.

We would expect some Iranians to take emotional positions (call for unilateral ops) if Iranian soldiers were held hostage in Pakistan.

We would not expect Iranians to take positions supporting or justifying Pakistani operations on Iranian soil just as we would not expect Pakistanis to take positions supporting or justifying alleged Iranian operations on Pakistani soil.

You, sir, are increasingly coming across as another Hussain Haqqani, except you're selling your loyalties to the Iranians instead of the Americans and Indians.

We would also expect States to act responsibly, especially when one State (Pakistan) had already demonstrated good will by rescuing 5 of the soldiers originally kidnapped. So Iran has no reason to argue lack of cooperation on the part of Pakistan here.

Quite frankly this has be a tendency of Iran, to scapegoat Pakistan and downplay Pakistani cooperation, perhaps to make themselves out to be an even bigger 'victim' in front of their own people and to hide their failures.

Thats harsh bro. I don't think he's ever said anything anti Pakistan, let alone treason.

So far what I have learned from this thread is that you are an Iranian alien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom