What's new

Iran frees 2 soldiers kidnapped in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iran frees 2 soldiers kidnapped in Pakistan

Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) said on Wednesday it had freed two soldiers in an intelligence operation inside Pakistan’s territory.

“A successful operation was carried out last Tuesday night to rescue two kidnapped border guards who were taken as hostages by Jaish ul-Adl organization two and a half years ago,” the IRGC said in a statement.

According to the statement, the soldiers were successfully transferred back to Iran.

On Oct. 16, 2018, Jaish ul-Adl organization kidnapped 12 IRGC guards to Pakistani territory in the city of Merkava in Sistan and Baluchestan Province on the border between the two countries.

Military officials formed a joint committee between Tehran and Islamabad to free the kidnapped guards.

Five of the soldiers were released on Nov. 15, 2018, and four Iranian soldiers were rescued by the Pakistani army on March 21, 2019.

Jaish ul-Adl organization, which Tehran declared a terrorist organization, is waging an armed struggle against the Iranian government, saying it defends the rights of Baloch Sunnis in Iran.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/iran-frees-2-soldiers-kidnapped-in-pakistan/2132654
Thank you India. Hy the way i didn't known Merkava in Sistan and Baluchestan Province is in Pakistan. Last time i check it was Iranian Province

They change their labels when they target Iran and Pakistan. When it's Pakistan it's the Marxist Akbar revolution against evil imperialistic Pakistan. When they target Iran it's the sunni holy war against the evil shia regime.
There is full cooperation between these groups, both funded by outside nations.

Exactly. It is no secret who their backers are.

Let me say this categorically. There are vested interests who are vehemently opposed to regional unity and cooperation in important regions of the world. Iran Pakistan cooperation is forbidden. Arabs and the Western bloc are dead against this relationship for various reasons. The West ideally wants Iran to be its regional ally and gateway after removing the Ayatollah government. Arabs don't want any relationship between Iran and Pakistan. There are Pakistanis who are pro and anti-Iran because they too have an allegiance for whatever reason.

The state should remain neutral and friendly towards Iran. First and foremost, Iran is a direct neighbor of Pakistan which shares a lenghty border. Secondly, we benefit from having good relations with Iran. We need trade and cordial relations. Irritants such as shady groups disturbing peace on either side need to be dismantled through cooperation. There should be zero tolerance for any group promoting anti-state narrative. Most importantly, let the past be the past. Both Pakistan and Iran are today benefitting through Chinese investment. Why shouldn't both countries interact and enjoy cordial relations without viewing each other as rivals?

Iran, Pakistan, China, Russia and Turkey are like-minded nations. They all have the same common enemy. Generally all share the same regional interests with a few exceptions. All must join forces. India and the West benefit from regional instability. They can pick and choose to their liking. Play divide and conquer.

Have you noticed how irked the enemies are when regional countries cooperate? From CPEC to IP pipeline. All one needs to do is read Indian and Western media headlines. Toxic and full of discontent. This is because they are afraid of unity among their foes.

Last edited:
Firstly even if u have done an op and not paid ransom, why to announce it publicly?

Iran has enough enemies why want to make more? Why to annoy friendly Muslim countries??

Really IRGC attitude is suboptimal and really annoying.
Just say you are an IRGC hater and continue moving..

Zahedan, Feb 3, IRNA - Iran's intelligence forces carried a successful operation in southeastern Iranian province of Sistan-Baluchestan Iran to release two border guards abducted by Jaish al-Zolm terrorist group two years ago. Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) has denied Indian and OSINT accounts claims of ops inside Pak. Iran has secured release of 2 IRGC soldiers in exchange for 4 Jaish al Adl members namely Abdul, Abubakar Rustami,Rehman Sangani,Sher Ahmed Sherani &Muhammad Sabir on Tuesday (Feb 2)from Iranian province Sistan Balochistan. JuA kidnapped 12 IRGC soldiers in 2018. The 4 Jaish ul Adl fighters were released from Zahidan Ardbil prisons of Iran for release of these two IRGC soldiers Abbas Abidi & Majid Naroi. As per Iranian News agecy IRNA, the operation is conducted in Sistan-Baluchistan Iran.
Iran carries operation to successfully release borderguards from captivity - IRNA English

rigi.jpg

What a shame, I see many Posters with Pakistani flags actually supporting Iran over their supposed country, what a shame. No matter which party you support, which Ethnicity you belong to, which religion you practice when it comes to their country, Americans will always support America. It's such a shame to see the situation in Pakistan, more Wanna be Arabs, more Wannabe Persians but Pakistani's are nowhere to be found.

What a shame, I see many Posters with Pakistani flags actually supporting Iran over their supposed country, what a shame. No matter which party you support, which Ethnicity you belong to, which religion you practice when it comes to their country, Americans will always support America. It's such a shame to see the situation in Pakistan, more Wanna be Arabs, more Wannabe Persians but Pakistani's are nowhere to be found.

Nationalism is a curse, whether it is in India, Pakistan, or elsewhere.

South Asians particularly have a very nasty habit of labeling anyone attempting to use logic as from the enemy country. Just in this thread alone, me and a few other people probably got labeled as a Shia sympathizer two dozen times at least as if Shias are not Muslim or something. I am Sunni but that is irrelevant. It doesn't bother me at all because I have thick skin but it does speak volumes about intolerance for disagreement in Pakistan and an utter disdain for anyone trying to understand both sides of the situation. When you ask hard questions like why Pakistan has basically refused to comment on anything related to this incident, people on here claim that either you must not be Pakistani or that you are Shia. I have seen people say this so many times that it doesn't bother me anymore.

Nationalism is a curse, whether it is in India, Pakistan, or elsewhere.

South Asians particularly have a very nasty habit of labeling anyone attempting to use logic as from the enemy country. Just in this thread alone, me and a few other people probably got labeled as a Shia sympathizer two dozen times at least as if Shias are not Muslim or something. I am Sunni but that is irrelevant. It doesn't bother me at all because I have thick skin but it does speak volumes about intolerance for disagreement in Pakistan and an utter disdain for anyone trying to understand both sides of the situation. When you ask hard questions like why Pakistan has basically refused to comment on anything related to this incident, people on here claim that either you must not be Pakistani or that you are Shia. I have seen people say this so many times that it doesn't bother me anymore.

Such people who tow line for another country are potential traitors, people will sell sensitive information and compromise their own country for their religious affiliation. This actually shows that how much influence Iranians and Arab Mullah's hold on Pakistani people, which is a shame, and because of this Pakistan will never break from this inferiority and slave mindset.

Sure. Iran's gonna show PA who's boss? Give it a rest. Talking out your *** ain't gonna get you anywhere. Here's the official story:

Isn't that what happened?

It sounds like IRGC carried out a successful covert rescue operation across the border which is pretty impressive actually. Sounds like something US Special Ops or Navy SEALs would do. If its true, I'm actually surprised this isn't a much bigger story.

Could be because Pakistan wasn't cooperating which isn't that surprising, so I don't blame IRGC for doing it themselves if they have the capability. Definitely not a good look for PA if IRGC can slip across the border into Pakistan undetected that easily and then exfiltrate back to Iran but I guess IRGC specializes in these kind of black operations so they've gotten pretty good at it. IMO we should learn from them.

This is basically what happens when PA decides to mess with IRGC and IRGC decides to show PA who's boss.

Also, there are 2 other notable things here:

1. I find it very interesting that essentially Iran has no issues admitting that they secretly entered Pakistan to conduct this hostage rescue operation. Normally this kind of thing would be kept secret for years, not released in a media statement so casually. I wonder what the Pakistani reaction will be to this. Could be that PA severely underestimated IRGC's ability to do a covert operation like this without consulting them.

2. If IRGC can successfully enter and exfiltrate Pakistan undetected to rescue 2 hostage IRGC soldiers, then it pretty much means they could capture any target in Pakistan and take them back to Iran with some degree of preparation which is pretty damning. Implications of this are pretty severe.

IMO this should be a much bigger story.

Such people who tow line for another country are potential traitors, people will sell sensitive information and compromise their own country for their religious affiliation. This actually shows that how much influence Iranians and Arab Mullah's hold on Pakistani people, which is a shame, and because of this Pakistan will never break from this inferiority and slave mindset.

Yeah calling people like us traitors for disagreeing with general consensus is the solution to all your problems while organizations that have actually done damage to Pakistan like insurgency in Balochistan are basically allowed to exist because people like you view us as an easier target.

Yeah calling people like us traitors for disagreeing with general consensus is the solution to all your problems while organizations that have actually done damage to Pakistan like insurgency in Balochistan are basically allowed to exist because people like you view us as an easier target.

A person that compromises its national interest and security, whose loyalties lie with another country, yes they are Traitors in every country, Try that same in Iran and see how long you can hold on to your head.

A person that compromises its national interest and security, whose loyalties lie with another country, yes they are Traitors in every country, Try that same in Iran and see how long you can hold on to your head.

Then my point clearly went over your head.

A person who disagrees with general consensus is not compromising any national interest or security, they are exercising the right of a citizen.

On the Iranian forum, I have never seen any Iranians accuse other Iranians of compromising national security just because they disagree on some policy basis. To be honest, they are much better at being able to respectfully disagree and debate ideas in civil discourse with each other than the poison that Pakistanis on here throw at each other for not agreeing with their opinion.

Last edited:
Then my point clearly went over your head.

A person who disagrees with general consensus is not compromising any national interest or security, they are exercising the right of a citizen.

Exercising the right of a citizen doesn't mean supporting other country's interests or its military, if you live in the USA you should know that Freedom of Expression is far far more important and widely practiced right in the USA compared to any other country but still every single American despite its difference of opinion with the Govt, consensus or Army they support theirs over any other. That makes them free and you slave of a mindset that don't even want to accept.

Exercising the right of a citizen doesn't mean supporting other country's interests or its military, if you live in the USA you should know that Freedom of Expression is far far more important and widely practiced right in the USA compared to any other country but still every single American despite its difference of opinion with the Govt, consensus or Army they support theirs over any other. That makes them free and you slave of a mindset that don't even want to accept.

Don't speak for other people. Let them speak for themselves. No one is supporting anyone else besides Pakistan, but I do disagree on some policy basis of how this incident was handled which is incorrectly viewed by a lot of people as being a traitor. This poisonous attitude manifests itself in a way that most people don't realize because it lays the groundwork for the kind of polarization that is now seen in places like the US today. People in US started to accuse other Americans of being a traitor because they held a different opinion, and over time, that created a ripe environment for polarization that ripped the country apart. Pakistan is heading in the same direction because many Pakistanis also believe that disagreeing with general consensus means you are not a citizen of the state which is simply not true.

Some users on this forum post some real dumb stuff and are so far up their own arse to even realise.Rather than admitting defeat they continue to parade the dead horse.Talk about being sore losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom