What's new

Iran believed developing S-300 variant aided by Russian contractors

Nima

BANNED
Reaction score
GeoStrategy Direct ^ | 3/30/2010 | GeoStrategy Direct

Iran was believed to have been receiving Russian help to develop a variant of the advanced S-300 surface-to-air missile. Western intelligence sources said Iran was contracting with Russia for the transfer of S-300 SAM technology. The sources said the technology and expertise provided by Russian engineers would enable Teheran to develop an S-300 variant while claiming that the system was indigenous.

"Russia is under heavy U.S. and Israeli pressure not to export the S-300PMU1," a Western intelligence source said. "Instead, Moscow has quietly allowed Russian engineers connected to the S-300 program to work with Iran to develop a variant."

The sources said the purported Russian effort was believed to have begun in 2009 amid delays in transferring the S-300. They said Teheran demanded SAM technology for an Iranian variant of the S-300 interceptor.

"It is believed that Iran already has an S-300 radar," the source said.

Over the last few months, the Iranian Defense Ministry has reported the development of an indigenous air and missile defense system. Iranian Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi said the program would eliminate the need to procure Russia's S-300.

"Essentially, it is not necessary for us to produce S-300 missiles only," Vahidi said. "The Defense Ministry and Armed Forces Logistics will design and manufacture what they want."

Since 2005, Iran has sought the S-300, designed to intercept aircraft at a range of up to 120 kilometers. Teheran said the S-300 project called for the delivery of the first systems by April 2009 in an effort to counter any Israeli or U.S. air strike.

"If they do not deliver S-300 defensive system to us, we have replacements and we can supply our operational requirements through innovative techniques and different designs," Iranian Air Force Maj. Gen. Hassan Mansourian, head of the air defense base at Khatam Anbia, said.

(Excerpt) Read more at geostrategy-direct.com ...

oh yeah along with their indeginous stealth fighter, the F-5 clown named 'saeqeh' which they shamelessly compare with F18...world's biggest destroyer or something like that

does ahmedinajad hire people for this job or is it a personal skill of his own

oh yeah along with their indeginous stealth fighter, the F-5 clown named 'saeqeh' which they shamelessly compare with F18...world's biggest destroyer or something like that

does ahmedinajad hire people for this job or is it a personal skill of his own
you have reading comprehension levels of a door mat!!!!

MY OWN ARTICLE STATES that "The sources said the technology and expertise provided by Russian engineers would enable Teheran to develop an S-300 variant while claiming that the system was indigenous."

What does that mean?
That means Iran isn't really doing anything but b/c it's being produced in Iran as a "variant" they can claim it was ours. THIS ARTICLE ITSELF IS ADMITTING THAT IRAN DOESN'T HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO DO IT ON ITS OWN!!!

I didn't post this to boast about our capabilities, what ever they are!
so don't jump up and down like I've said Iran has made and ICBM with a warhead.

Isn't it too late? Israel already has a plan to attack soon.

btw we never said we have made the world's biggest destroyer! don't talk out of your behind.
As long as I remember Iranian navy has always classified ships based on weaponry not displacement which is why they call it a destroyer. BUT THE NEVER CALLED IT THE BIGGEST, nor the strongest nor anything else

Isn't it too late? Israel already has a plan to attack soon.

lol
they've been planning to attack for 31 years

If anything Iran today is in a better shape than it has ever been.

-Americans are stretched
-No public support
-Obama
-Iranian nuke sites spread out and fortified in mountains, plus too many for Israel to hit
compared to the lonely osirak site in Iraq and the other one in Syria

Just count how many nuke sites they have to hit!

btw we never said we have made the world's biggest destroyer! don't talk out of your behind.
As long as I remember Iranian navy has always classified ships based on weaponry not displacement which is why they call it a destroyer. BUT THE NEVER CALLED IT THE BIGGEST, nor the strongest nor anything else

eh stop writing in caps its annoying, more annoying than this article..as for the S-300, dude lets say that with some sort of miracle your able to get the russians to help you with an S-300..Israel is about to attack you "now", how on earth are you gonna build a defense as complex as the s-300 overnight ??

As for the destroyer, pretty sure its floating around this forum..knock urself out i cant be bothered

eh stop writing in caps its annoying, more annoying than this article..as for the S-300, dude lets say that with some sort of miracle your able to get the russians to help you with an S-300..Israel is about to attack you "now", how on earth are you gonna build a defense as complex as the s-300 overnight ??

As for the destroyer, pretty sure its floating around this forum..knock urself out i cant be bothered

is that right
LMAO

I think Israel has not bombed Iran yet because they do not know where their nuclear sites are. They are emulating what North Korea did; North Korea had a secret nuclear site that nobody knew about and the ones they did know about were not the actual facilities. Iran is doing the samething...the underground bunkers are ploys and their real nuclear sites are not known.

lol
they've been planning to attack for 31 years

If anything Iran today is in a better shape than it has ever been.

-Americans are stretched
-No public support
-Obama
-Iranian nuke sites spread out and fortified in mountains, plus too many for Israel to hit
compared to the lonely osirak site in Iraq and the other one in Syria

Just count how many nuke sites they have to hit!

This is most likely misleading, by whoever posted this. Their sites wouldn't be made public like this.

credar you shure hate iran and the people who run it eh? let me tell you this from the looks of it you dont like thir guts ... yeh shure they have alot of BS of haveing to have a stealth fighter and f 18 but you look at us paksitanis we beg for supplies and what we gey penuts jsut like ZIA said if you want to give us aid dont give peanuts. but styll credar look at it in a way that iam looking at it iran rejects isreal and america that is preety big now a days ... do you think that we can do what iran did?? i mean when america embargoed us we almost died ..... iran still dident show the slightest recondemtion that we showed!!! respect that credar .... but still you do have nice arguments
:D

^ on the contrary they are waiting for iran to see if iran actually gets anywhere with this nuclear hoop-lah..as in the threat isn't serious enough yet, they're probably waiting for the iranian program to cross a certain threshhold to deem it strike worthy

credar you shure hate iran and the people who run it eh? let me tell you this from the looks of it you dont like thir guts ... yeh shure they have alot of BS of haveing to have a stealth fighter and f 18 but you look at us paksitanis we beg for supplies and what we gey penuts jsut like ZIA said if you want to give us aid dont give peanuts. but styll credar look at it in a way that iam looking at it iran rejects isreal and america that is preety big now a days ... do you think that we can do what iran did?? i mean when america embargoed us we almost died ..... iran still dident show the slightest recondemtion that we showed!!! respect that credar .... but still you do have nice arguments
:D

i dont hate them mate believe me im being honest, infact i was a great admirer of ahmedinajad when he first started speaking out..But now its apparent he's yanking everyone's chain and bluffing. There isn't an ounce of truth to what comes out of iranian establishement's mouth and thats hurting iran and its people and his effed up policies have slowed down our economic and diplomatic relations with iranians.

^ on the contrary they are waiting for iran to see if iran actually gets anywhere with this nuclear hoop-lah..as in the threat isn't serious enough yet, they're probably waiting for the iranian program to cross a certain threshhold to deem it strike worthy

man you talk a lot of bull crap
According to Americans themselves Iran is already enriching Uranium @ 20%
It will only take 6 months to take that 20 Percent enriched Uranium and take it to 90 Percent. If they wanted to attack they would have already attacked. Plus, your theory is against what has already happened in the past!
The syrians and Iraqis WERE NO WHERE CLOSE TO A NUKE and certainly far behind Iran's program but they were attacked. So much for your bs theory.
You're just saying all this to give Iran a certain image.

@ UFC
what do you mean misleading lol
You can see every single one of those sites on Google maps!!
Iran itself has declared those sites

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom