What's new

‘Iran becomes permanent member of BRICS. A strategic victory for Iran's foreign

Great news for a multipolar world. Terrible news for the US-led 'rules-based' world order.

Terrible news for Iranian liberals i.e. so-called reformist / moderate factions. As well as for the anti-IR mo'āned opposition in exile. Anyone doubting or trying to obfuscate this ought to take a look at the deeply irritated manner in which media associated with these two groups have been reacting to the event. A couple examples are cited in the discussion below:

Last edited:
Pistachios and suicide drones in large amount now available for all BRICS members, congrats :enjoy:

...and terrible news for zionists too. Was only a question of time until they would come underscore their desperation in this thread.

On average about 80 percent or above of global trade, happens in Dollar denomination.

About 60 percent of Global forex reserves are held in Dollars.

About 66 countries, which includes Oil rich Middle Eastern nations peg their currency to Dollar. Am sure everyone knows the value of Oil here.

If people believe that there will be a common Brics currency in short term, and then a alternate to Swift system .. its fools paradise.

This will be a long and painful road ahead, where everyone will pull each other in Opposite direction.

I mean how foolish can one be, by openly stating that we are here to displace the current super power's position as world's reserve currency? Most except Russia and Iran, have substantial trade ties with US (which includes China).

Its like waving red flag to a bull that can rampage at any time lol.

I dont think it is clown show, Russia/Saudi/UAE/ Iran have huge oil and gas while China, India, Russia, and Brazil have big economies. China goods are also dominating in global scales.

They are likely preparing for plan to decrease USD dominance, we should first wait and see

I see they have good capacity to make an impact on global trade to be less dependent on USD by introducing new payment system outside Dollar system.
US will nuke at least half of these uppity BRIC countries before these pretenders even think about embarking on displacing dollar. The rest it can easily introduce to color revolutions and active insurgencies, prime candidates will be India and Russia.

Last edited:
On average about 80 percent or above of global trade, happens in Dollar denomination.

About 60 percent of Global forex reserves are held in Dollars.

About 66 countries, which includes Oil rich Middle Eastern nations peg their currency to Dollar. Am sure everyone knows the value of Oil here.

If people believe that there will be a common Brics currency in short term, and then a alternate to Swift system .. its fools paradise.

This will be a long and painful road ahead, where everyone will pull each other in Opposite direction.

I mean how foolish can one be, by openly stating that we are here to displace the current super power's position as world's reserve currency? Most except Russia and Iran, have substantial trade ties with US (which includes China).

Its like waving red flag to a bull that can rampage at any time lol.

In BRICS, few countries like India are playing on both sides of the field, and it is very hard to compete with the USA. As everyone knows, India is a proxy player of the USA in the Asia Pacific to keep check on China and now imagine how BRICS could develop and achieve its goals. It's just a futile exercise. I cannot believe we have to state this simple fact to the hardliner BRICS supporters on here they are simply being led up the garden path.

In BRICS, few countries like India are playing on both sides of the field, and it is very hard to compete with the USA. As everyone knows, India is a proxy player of the USA in the Asia Pacific to keep check on China and now imagine how BRICS could develop and achieve its goals. It's just a futile exercise. I cannot believe we have to state this simple fact to the hardliner BRICS supporters on here being led up a garden path.
India is the western mole inside of BRICS and will sabotage anything resembling to challenge western/American dominance.

In BRICS, few countries like India are playing on both sides of the field, and it is very hard to compete with the USA. As everyone knows, India is a proxy player of the USA in the Asia Pacific to keep check on China and now imagine how BRICS could develop and achieve its goals. It's just a futile exercise. I cannot believe we have to state this simple fact to the hardliner BRICS supporters on here they are simply being led up the garden path.
Depends on one's perspective I guess, as for us Indians we are hedging our bets properly. Something anyone who wants to be safe does.

Let me also provide the other side of the picture, so that you can decide who is a proxy or mole. Things can't be clear without full picture before us

It (De-dollarization) all started with Financial crisis way back in 2007 and 2008, but not much was done till Russian funds got frozen post Ukraine war. Do you know how long that is? Did India stop Russia and China's work on De-dollariztion through this time (2008 to 2021)? Why were they holding more than 600 Billion dollars on average (or even more perhaps) in Dollars in strategic reserves?

BRICS was started to pool together growing economies, and lobby for market access and conducive monetary policies globally etc. You can't jump start a procedure like De dollarization (which was kept in cold storage) till one got sanctioned and other is seeing friend shoring and nearshoring, and then expect everyone to fall in line because two out four members are facing troubles due to their own actions.

Now I will qualify this by saying, it was wrong of US to weaponize dollar and Swift. However is this something new?

The bolded part is true, but not because few like India are playing both sides. It's because economically they are at the top for past century, please think about that.

Even after offshoring manufacturing and IT related services, US still tops in innovation. There is no other country, that can beat them currently. These are hard facts, one can like it or dislike it.

It's because economically they are at the top for past century, please think about that.

Even after offshoring manufacturing and IT related services, US still tops in innovation. There is no other country, that can beat them currently. These are hard facts, one can like it or dislike it.
Cringe and false take rooted in internalising Western propaganda

Cringe and false take rooted in internalising Western propaganda
Care to explain how is it that, what I said is Western Propaganda?

Any data/numbers etc I mean

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom