What's new

Iran backed Zainebiyoun brigade composed of Pakistani Shia guarding the Baghdad Damascus highway

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're comparing Assad with the ISIS? LO
Iran's whateveriyoons would be a better comparison.
Why would they attack you when you accepted to retreat from all strategic areas you held? Attack Syria again and see how long it will take you to sit under the statue of Catherine The Great again. Your army literally lost the fight to a war-torn country which has been in the century's largest civil war for almost 9 years!
Just try again.

I disagree with those who call it law and order. The Bahrainian regime did wrong, they crushed the Majority shia population only because they did protest, oppressive regime.

Majority Pakistani public does not follow or believe in those so called sunnis your talking about. They are a new sect which emerged a few hundred years ago. They declared the Muslim ummah as Mushriks and even declared the Ottomans who were Sunnis as Mushrikeen.

But you must understand the Pakistani point of view, we already went through sectarian wars, ttp terrorism and on top many Pakistanis are now fighting in Syria. Why should Pakistan public go fight others wars. When the Afghanistan Jihad took place against Russia, many top scholars opposed this move because USA and CIA were involved. We are still paying for it.

Why does Iran recruit Pakistanis to fight in Syria?

Honestly, I think it's rather about proving that Iran has powerful supporters in the region. Maybe a few thousand soldiers won't make much of a difference to Iran, but the war in Syria has become more than just battles on the ground.

And Iran doesn't have to recruit them. Those people have been prosecuted in the region long enough and some terrorist groups have said that they would destroy their holy places. I'm sure many Sunni Pakistanis will do the same if some Shia group starts to destroy places that are holy to Sunnis in another country.

ALl countries here- Turkey, Iran, Pakistan all support different "terrorist" groups. can we work with this correct assumption? i guess i'm trying to say that you are only playing semantics here.

IRGC is declared terrorist organization.

Iran's whateveriyoons would be a better comparison.

Just try again.
Yeah. Well, nobody is comparable to your allies in Syria, namely the ISIS who sold the Syrian oil to you guys.

Nope. The ball is in your court. We're happy with the status quo there because you retreated. Try your adventurism in Syria again and then count the days before you meet Putin and the statue of Catherine The Great again.

Assad is not even Shi'a. They are Alawi-Nusayriyya.
In this case, they are not fighting for Assad, they are fighting for preservation of Shiite shrines and related important places in Syria from destruction by the Syrian "opposition" that hates them and wants to destroy these places. There arent many in Syria, but there are enough/a few that are important enough...at least to create a moving narrative around it..

IRGC is declared terrorist organization.
Only by US. Also, this is an irrelevant distraction from the topic at hand.

Nabayad begim ke baraye pul mijangan. baraye iran khub nist.

Yea, so ? Further proof that Iran doesn't discriminate. We had a defence pact with him and he activated it when the zombies started to invade.
Perfect description. SOme of them are exposing their lack of understanding of the real motives and fundamentals of the Syrian situation...sm..just projecting..

Honestly, I think it's rather about proving that Iran has powerful supporters in the region. Maybe a few thousand soldiers won't make much of a difference to Iran, but the war in Syria has become more than just battles on the ground.

And Iran doesn't have to recruit them. Those people have been prosecuted in the region long enough and some terrorist groups have said that they would destroy their holy places. I'm sure many Sunni Pakistanis will do the same if some Shia group starts to destroy places that are holy to Sunnis in another country.

Ofcourse sunnis would, and I am talking about the true sunnis, not those who are in disguise. We will InshaAllah take revenge from those who destroyed Jannatul Baqqi and Jannatul Maula, those who wanted to destroy the grave of Prophet peace be upon him. The Syrian holy sites are Sunnis sites. Nobody destroyed them before except in the 21st century. The issue is our actions should not cause more chaos in the ummah, it should not lead to wars where it destroys the ummah.

But you need to understand that if Pakistan and Pakistanis complain then they are also correct. Our Muslim people are fighting wars in Syria, joining ISIS etc is unacceptable. We are already suffering.

I support Pakistan and Iran relations, we are neighbours, together we can become a strong power. We just need to stop these sectarian wars and what is your opinion on Irans support for India against Pakistan.

Last edited:
Whatever the reason behind supporting Assad - Iran’s policy of recruiting Pakistanis in Liwa Zainabiyoun is backfiring in terms of public opinion in Pakistan.
Tbh with you, sadly, Iran doesnt care. Pakistan apparently has either 1) enough Shiites that will listen to Iran and DO what Iran asks OR 2) Enough citizens that wil take Iranian rials and dollars in exchange for a chance to get Iranian passport aka a better life. THis is obviously more likely in the poorest parts of society, but i;m half Nigerian, i KNOW how many poor and lost people a country like Nigeria and Pakistan will have- sadly, its a recruiting pool that Iran has hacked and found a way to utilize. Pakistani govt has to step in hard and use a good plan if its going to stop it. Also, people need to understand that some people dont acknowledge nations/borders, and they think in religious, almost apocalyptic times,etc. So some people are moved by causes/missions, and not fazed by passports,borders etc.

What is it, a few hundred fighters? Iran can use its own human resources for this instead of continuing to cause sectarian divisions in Pakistan.
Iran should not do this, but Pakistan should do more to stop it. Complaining on PDF wont change this situation. what we talking for? blank sympathy?

Yes, Syria had a military agreement with us to protect them in case of emergency. And they officially requested us to be there.
Saudi Arabia brought their tanks in Manama to suppress unarmed protestors. Pakistani troops aided Saudis in the crackdown: https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/07/2011725145048574888.html

I am sure that if some terrorist group starts blowing up places that are holy for Sunni Muslims, Sunni Muslims will go there as well.
No Basshar Al Asad didn't ask any military assistance from Pakistan and even if he did , only the government of Pakistan decides if to intervene or not and if decision is made to intervene then only the uniformed army is sent by Pakistan.
Not Pakistani citizens recruited by Iran .

Ofcourse sunnis would, and I am talking about the true sunnis, not those who are in disguise. We will InshaAllah take revenge from those who destroyed Jannatul Baqqi and Jannatul Maula, those who wanted to destroy the grave of Prophet peace be upon him. The issue is our actions should not cause more chaos in the ummah.

But you need to understand that if Pakistan and Pakistanis complain then they are also correct. Our Muslim people are fighting wars in Syria, joining ISIS etc is unacceptable. We are already suffering.

I support Pakistan and Iran relations, we are neighbours, together we can become a strong power. We just need to stop these sectarian wars.
I understand your point, but Iran is not in Syria because it is a sectarian war. Our national security is at stake. Syria is one of our fronts against Israel. In fact, it's our most important fortress near Israel.

Hamas is a Sunni group and no country has ever supported them more than Iran. Palestine has no Shia people and no country has supported Palestinian resistance movements more than Iran. Venezuela is a Catholic country and we support them. Our support for a country is based on their commitment to our long-term goals, namely weakening the US and Israel.

Try your adventurism in Syria again and then count the days before you meet Putin and the statue of Catherine The Great again.
Our Armed Forces is in Syria still. Ball is in your court, not ours. Let me know when you dare.

Our Armed Forces is in Syria still. Ball is in your court, not ours. Let me know when you dare.
And yet you retreated and went behind the initial buffer zone you had. The ball is in your court. Make a move and meet Catherine.

And yet you retreated and went behind the initial buffer zone you had. The ball is in your court. Make a move and meet Catherine.
We are the occupiers (according to you), come on, try. You are gonna need a bigger Pantsir lol

No Basshar Al Asad didn't ask any military assistance from Pakistan and even if he did , only the government of Pakistan decides if to intervene or not and if decision is made to intervene then only the uniformed army is sent by Pakistan.
Not Pakistani citizens recruited by Iran .
What makes you think that Iran recruited them? Will Sunni people stay silent if a Shia group starts to invade large parts of a country in the region and destroys your holy places one by one?!

We are the occupiers (according to you), come on, try. You are gonna need a bigger Pantsir lol
According to the Syrians. Syria is not our country for us to call you occupiers. lol The buffer zone you were granted was discussed and approved in trilateral agreements between Turkey, Iran and Russia. And you retreated from those lines. Your loss, not ours.

What matters to us in Syria is that Syria remains an Iranian ally and we can build our Tehran-Mediterranean Sea road. And we're doing that as you can see from the title of this thread.

Military deployments under government agreements are completely different from recruitment by Iran of Pakistanis for proxy conflicts in other countries.
I generally agree with this, but his point seemed to be based on location - Like "what are Pakistanis doing over in Syria". To be honest, if Pakistan offered these Shiites a better or more hopeful way of life and success, they wouldn't take this Iranian money and opportunity. Also, those Pakistanis made a deal with the Iranian govt, Iranian govt wasnt able to get free services from them because of Shia Islam..cuz once again, whats love got to do with it. Everything today is mostly economic or/and and strategic. Instead of complaining , Pakistanis should do better about managing their citizens in these border and fringe territories who are desperate. Other Pakistani groups also recruit Pakistanis for their proxy/asymmetrical terrorist outfits right? i mean like LET, or SSP..so the issue is that Iran is recruiting Pakistanis right? and not the fact that proxy and terrorist groups have a long pattern of recruiting Pakistanis for their various conflicts, from Afghanistan, to now Syria..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom