What's new

Iran arrests Azeri nationals for spying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkish ethnicity was not unique to Ottomans, Turk is not equal to Turk of Turkey.

Both Ottomans and Safavids are not based on a certain ethnicity, Safavids were both Azeri Turkish and Persian, Turks generally took military roles while Persians took the burecracy.
Great that you come to this conclusion. So is the Iranian ethnicity. Iranian is not equal to the Pars ethno in Iran.

Turks' clashes with other Turks is not unique to Ottoman-Safevid rivalry, actually it is more common than you think.

Have you watched the video that I shared? Your great leader says Azerbaijanis are Turks. What is your opion about the speech he gave in Tabriz? Is he lying or are you just more knowledgable than he is?

So is the Persian clashes, like Iranians and Afghans during a period before the Afsharid dynasty. But the main point is the Safavids were highly Persianized. As I said earlier, the problem with you people is that you think the Persian culture and Azeri culture were in a competition to dominate Iran, while the truth is different, both cultures, highly influenced by each other in history, co-existed peacefully and were tied together under the same culture named Iranian culture.

It was for those deniers who say "Azerbaijanis are not Turks".
Ok so what?What are you trying to convey with this?
And I say Kurds living in Turkey are not Turks.So what?Why the hell are you guys insisting on this Turk/Persian thing?Doesn't that expose your racism more and more?

It was for those deniers who say "Azerbaijanis are not Turks".
I don't knew about republic of Azerbaijan but in Iran peoples who Live in Azerbaijan are consisted of Azeris , Kurds , Talish and Gilaks .

well as a matter of fact the people who live at the border with Turkey are more Kords than Azeri

As i said before that religious affinity of Persians & Azeri Turks, based on Shiite creed has Strengthened the bond and it largely overshadows the ethnic differences between the two communities in side Iran.

Yes Iranian is something like American, an upper term.

As i said before that religious affinity of Persians & Azeri Turks, based on Shiite creed has Strengthened the bond and it largely overshadows the ethnic differences between the two communities in side Iran.

its more than that , its a long history of living and and working with each other , you hardly can find a Persian or Azeri family who has not related with other group with marriage .
honestly , I never saw an Azeri ask to marry a Persian girl or other way around a Persian asked for marriage of an Azeri girl and they were refused on the bases of Ethnicity .
here when Azeri and Persians are dealing with each other the language difference is the last things on their minds.

Great that you come to this conclusion. So is the Iranian ethnicity. Iranian is not equal to the Pars ethno in Iran.

Being Iranian is not an ethnicity, it is a nationality. Being Turkish or being Persian is an ethnicity. You are mixing apples and oranges. Azerbaijanis living in Iran are ethnically Turks, nationaly Iranian. Why is so hard for you, Iranians, to understand this?

So is the Persian clashes, like Iranians and Afghans during a period before the Afsharid dynasty. But the main point is the Safavids were highly Persianized. As I said earlier, the problem with you people is that you think the Persian culture and Azeri culture were in a competition to dominate Iran, while the truth is different, both cultures, highly influenced by each other in history, co-existed peacefully and were tied together under the same culture named Iranian culture.

So you admit that Safavids were Turks but Persianized by the donimant culture of Iran. And no, we don't think that Persian culture and Azeri culture were in a competition to dominate Iran. We just say Azerbaijanis are ethnically Turks. The problem here is your not being able to accept this fact.

I don't deny that Persian culture influenced some of the Turkish tribes. Turks have been a part of Iran since the war happenned in 1040. Actually, Turkish dynasties (Seljuks, Khwarezmians, Safevids, Ottomans, Afsharids and Qajars) governed Iran 580 years while Persian dynasties governed Iran 392 years since 1040. Turks' being influenced Persian culture is very normal just like Persians' being influenced Turkish culture.

Ok so what? What are you trying to convey with this?

The question must be asked is "why are you, Iranians, having trouble to accept the fact that Azerbaijanis are Turks and try to deny this fact systematically"? Stop claiming they are not Turks and then the problem solved.

And I say Kurds living in Turkey are not Turks.So what?

Yes, we know that they are not Turks.

Why the hell are you guys insisting on this Turk/Persian thing? Doesn't that expose your racism more and more?

No, it does not.

you people realy think kurds who live in turkey are not turk?so we have to think about our kurds brothers in turkey!

you people realy think kurds who live in turkey are not turk?so we have to think about our kurds brothers in turkey!

When Iranian Kurds became the brothers of Persian nation ? may be you were talking about Kermanshahi Kurds!

Being Iranian is not an ethnicity, it is a nationality. Being Turkish or being Persian is an ethnicity. You are mixing apples and oranges. Azerbaijanis living in Iran are ethnically Turks, nationaly Iranian. Why is so hard for you, Iranians, to understand this?
Well, let me be precise then. Being Turkish is a nationality, Being 'Turkic' is an ethnicity. Being Iranian is nationality, being 'Iranic' is an ethnicity. Type 'Iranic peoples' in wikipedia.
The term 'Iranic' is even stronger than Iranian, because Kurds, Baluchs, Tajiks, Afghans, Pashtuns, Gilakis, Mazandaranis, and many other people are 'Iranic'. Azeri Turks definitely have very strong 'Iranic' roots as shown in genetics. The point is, they are not the same group of people who live in Anatolia. But yes, they are Turkic, where did Iranians deny this?

So you admit that Safavids were Turks but Persianized by the donimant culture of Iran. And no, we don't think that Persian culture and Azeri culture were in a competition to dominate Iran. We just say Azerbaijanis are ethnically Turks. The problem here is your not being able to accept this fact.
There's nothing to admit, I do acknowledge that the Safavids were Azeris, not Anatolian Turks, even though some historians believe they were even Kurdish, but nevertheless, I do believe myself that they were speaking the Azerbaijani language which is a 'Turkic language' today and hence they were Turkic. No one had denied this from the beginning.
ASQ-1918 claimed otherwise. He didn't want to accept that the Safavids had accepted and propogated the Persian culture as well. He thinks of Persians as fascist occupiers who later took control of the country and destroyed the Azerbaijani culture of Iran. That's the point that I'm not accepting. But I do acknowledge that today's Iranian Azeris are Turkic because they speak a Turkic language.

I don't deny that Persian culture influenced some of the Turkish tribes. Turks have been a part of Iran since the war happenned in 1040. Actually, Turkish dynasties (Seljuks, Khwarezmians, Safevids, Ottomans, Afsharids and Qajars) governed Iran 580 years while Persian dynasties governed Iran 392 years since 1040. Turks' being influenced Persian culture is very normal just like Persians' being influenced Turkish culture.
Great. No one wants to dispute this I think. The point is, Persians aren't fascists that have taken the control of the country and are ruining other Iranian peoples in Iran. And I would also like to add that Iran isn't a Persian state now, it's an Islamic state.

The question must be asked is "why are you, Iranians, having trouble to accept the fact that Azerbaijanis are Turks and try to deny this fact systematically"? Stop claiming they are not Turks and then the problem solved.

Yes, we know that they are not Turks.

No, it does not.
Seriously?You discoverd that all by yourself?where exactly in history did Ottomans rule Iran?They had some aggression toward Iran,captured very few lands,but thanks to Shah Abbas,they were taught a lesson that they never tried to attack Iran systematically again until their collapse in WWI.

So Persians ruled Iran for 392 years?From 600 BC (when Turks were non existent in ME and Anatolia and modern Turkey was under Persian empire) to Arabs invasion in middle 600 Ad,and 200 years after that,Persians ruled Iran (Samanids, Khwarizmids,Taherids and etc),it account for 1400 years.

What do you have to say for Persian rule on Turkey?Modern Turkey was a part of Persian empires for almost 600 years,you can't deny your history,some time ago,they found an underground city in Turkey who was established by Sassanians,A Persian empire.
About Qajars and Safavid s,we still consider them Iranian,because they were defined by Persian language and culture.**** race, because I don't care about it.

So Persians ruled Iran for 392 years?From 600 BC (when Turks were non existent in ME and Anatolia and modern Turkey was under Persian empire) to Arabs invasion in middle 600 AC,and 200 years after that,Persians ruled Iran (Samanids, Khwarizmids,Taherids and etc),it account for 1400 years.

He meant after the Islamic invasion of Persia. He knows it well that if we add over 1500 years that Persians and also Kurds (during the Median empire) had ruled over Iran then 392 will be changed significantly.

Arian

Turks of Anatolia and Azeri Turks were no different at all, both were simply called Turk or Turkmen, dialect was almost same, they were the same people until sect difference started, in fact a considerable amount of Azeri Turks went to Iran and Azerbaijan from Anatolia and Syria.

Btw Ottomans never aimed to invade Iran.

Turks invaded and conquered Iran when the country faced his 'darkest' period of his history. Or did you think the Turks could capture Iran during the Parthian era or when the Sassanids were at the height of their empire? Before the Turks came to the area Iranian troops crushed them at the eastern borders of the empire:

First Perso-Turkic War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Second Perso-Turkic War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Third Perso-Turkic War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only reason the 'Turks' could survive so long in Iran was due to the fact that they were not hostile to the Iranian people and culture. And thats why they eventually become 'Iranian' themselves and fought for the glory of Iran in stead for the glory of the Turks.

He meant after the Islamic invasion of Persia. He knows it well that if we add over 1500 years that Persians and also Kurds (during the Median empire) had ruled over Iran then 392 will be changed significantly.
Why is the era after Arab's invasion more important than times before invasion?
I know what they are following here,they just want to hear we say that 'Turks ruled Iran for many years'.But that's not true,because As I said before,I don't care about they race and that were they came from originally,the important part is that they contributed to Persian language,culture and heritage more than anyone.If they had any love for Ottomans or Turkish culture,they would adapt that.That's why I consider them Iranian.

Here is an example: If a guy migrates to U.S from Germany,become its citizen and live there for 30 years,then he becomes the president of U.S,He will be called 'American president',not 'German president'.Because he serves the interests of American people,not Germans. "He is now an American"
btw,I'm really sick of this conversation,I don't know about you Arian,you have more patience than me.But what we are doing here is going nowhere.Because all their talks and intentions come from this fact that they are saying all this,because they are Turks,Don't you see how he insists us to confess that 'Turks were ruling Iran'?It reminds me of some kids who insist they parents to say some specific word or buy something,otherwise,they would continue crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom