What's new

Iran Army tests combat readiness with surprise drills near Turkey border

iran should ahow this attitude to isreal who recently bomb there bases in syria .

every one knows . even iranian knows but they dont want to react or maybe they cant do anything about it .
Israel has attacked Iranian bases in Syria only two or three times, killing at most 9 people but they exaggerate it for local consumption. Netanyahu likes to give this impression to Israelis that Iran is on the verge of attacking them and if it weren't for him, Iran would've already annihilated them. So, he wants to be seen as the Hero of Israel fighting against the nemesis.

Iran has responded to the Israeli adventures. For example, when Israel killed 5 IRGC agents in a missile factory in Syria, Syria launched ballistic missiles on Golan Heights in retaliation. Or Hezbollah carried out a surprise attack on an Israeli convoy, killing 2 people. Another example: Iran helped Hamas fire rockets into Israel, forcing Israel to request a ceasefire in less than 48 hours.

Israeli attacks on the IRGC in Syria might be considered tactical victories for them, but it's still a huge strategic failure for them. Iran is expanding its military and economic influence in Syria and it is constructing the Iran-Mediterranean Sea Corridor. Nothing has changed about that.

All of Iran's hard work in Syria has been awarded to Turkey.

Well done Iran.

As a matter of fact, the Turkish-Kurdish conflict is a dream come true for Iran. I'm sure that anyone who convinced Erdogan to do this is either an Iranian undercover agent or an Iran lover at heart. This is the best thing that has happened in the region in decades which benefits no one more than Iran. I'd say that the benefits of this move for Iran is on par with the US invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Last edited:
Iran is doing military exercises just beyond the Turkish border. And only one Turkish member participates in this discussion? (Don't count me, I don't discuss and I won't) That's funny. What Iran does is that we Turks don't care, we don't care.

Fun fact: in the only two wars the Persians ever faced the Turks, the Turks got decimated. The Turks never defeated us. They might have ruled the lands of Iran once, but only because Iran was destabilized and fractured at that time. It didn't follow a military defeat. Also, they took over Persian high culture and identity to legitimise themselves vis-a-vis the population. And if we consider modern Turks to be Turkified Anatolians, it is important to note that no Anatolian-based empire ever managed to defeat Iran. We did conquer Anatolia many times though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Perso-Turkic_War
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Perso-Turkic_War

About this exercise: I don't think the message is against Turkey. Iran might expect more activity from Kurdish insurgent groups in the border area now that Turkey is attacking the YPG. And while Iran might publicly oppose Turkey's invasion of northeastern Syria, as Iran's own Kurdish population is hugely sympathetic towards the Kurds in Syria, I'm guessing that it doesn't really object to its actions, simply because it is detrimental to American interests.
Seems like you forgot the Chaldiran 1514 fight...
Iranian people always controlled by Turkish people until 20th century.. do you also deny this fact or you want me to prove it?

Israel have attacked Iranian bases in Syria only two or three times, killing at most 9 people but they exaggerate it for local consumption. Netanyahu likes to give this impression to Israelis that Iran is on the verge of attacking them and if it weren't for him, Iran would've already annihilated them. So, he wants to be seen as the Hero of Israel fighting against the nemesis.

Iran has responded to the Israeli adventures. For example, when Israel killed 5 IRGC agents in a missile factory in Syria, Syria launched ballistic missiles on Golan Heights in retaliation. Or Hezbollah carried out a surprise attack on an Israeli convoy, killing 2 people. Another example: Iran helped Hamas fire rockets into Israel, forcing Israel to request a ceasefire in less than 48 hours.

Israelis attacks on the IRGC in Syria might be considered tactical victories for them, but it's still a huge strategic failure for them. Iran is expanding its military and economic influence in Syria and it is constructing the Iran-Mediterranean Sea Corridor. Nothing has changed about that.

As a matter of fact, the Turkish-Kurdish conflict is a dream come true for Iran. I'm sure that anyone who convinced Erdogan to do this is either an Iranian undercover agent or an Iran lover at heart. This is the best thing that has happened in the region in decades which benefits no one more than Iran. I'd say that the benefits of this move for Iran is on par with the US invasion of Iraq in 2003.

IRGC is dancing out of happiness they did not say a word as they want Turkey to go on with its plan Kurds out and US is out too Mediterranean Sea Corridor road now is open and IRGC did not shoot a bullet soo i would say you are right this is a dream coming true for Iran.

Last edited:
Iranian people always controlled by Turkish people until 20th century.. do you also deny this fact or you want me to prove it?
Seriously? Turkey, with its current culture, did not even exist before the 13th century. Asia Minor used to be an Indo-European country, controlled by the Persians, the Greeks, the Romans and later the Arabs. The family of Anatolian languages (Luwian, Lycian, Lydian, Hittite, etc.) all were Indo-European languages similar to Persian and Greek that went extinct over time. It was only after the Mongol invasion of Asia that Anatolia (Asia Minor, i.e. today's Turkey) started to adapt a new culture and became what it is now. Now you speak an Altaic language which happens to fall in the same category as East Asian languages like Japanese and Korean.

But you can keep living in your own delusional world. Any sane person with the least amount of historical knowledge will laugh in your face as soon as you claim to be a history expert.

Last edited:
Seriously? Turkey, with its current culture, did not even exist before the 16th century. Asia Minor used to be an Indo-European country, controlled by the Persians, the Greeks, the Romans and later the Arabs. The family of Anatolian languages (Luwian, Lycian, Lydian, Hittite, etc.) all were Indo-European languages similar to Persian and Greek that went extinct over time. It was only after the Mongol invasion of Asia that Anatolia (Asia Minor, i.e. today's Turkey) started to adapt a new culture and became what it is now. Now you speak an Altaic language which happens to fall in the same category as East Asian languages like Japanese and Korean.

But you can keep living in your own delusional world. Any sane person with the least amount of historical knowledge will laugh in your face as soon as you claim to be a history expert.
Have you ever read a history book? in 1071 Selcuk won the war again Byzantin. 1299, Ottoman is created..
In Iran, 1410 Garagoyunlu, then Agqoyunlu, Uzun Hasan, Khazar khaganligi... 11 empire Turkish people created in history..

Have you ever read a history book? in 1071 Selcuk won the war again Byzantin. 1299, Ottoman is created..
In Iran, 1410 Garagoyunlu, then Agqoyunlu, Uzun Hasan, Khazar khaganligi... 11 empire Turkish people created in history..

I meant the 13th century. That was a typo and I edited it. There is a huge difference between "Turkish" and "Turkic". Just like there's a huge difference between the terms "Iranian" and "Iranic" or "Arabian" and "Arabic". Azerbaijan, for example, is a Turkic country. And none of those dynasties were "Turkish".
Secondly, the Seljuqs adopted the Persian culture and language. They played a huge role in expanding the post-Islam Persian culture to Anatolia. Thirdly, how does that deny the fact that Anatolia was an Indo-European region?

Last edited:

You seem to suffer from reading comprehension problems.

I specifically said that no Persian army was ever decisively defeated by a Turkish army in history. Now, since you mention Chaldiran...I thought that the Safavid Empire wasn't Persian? It is all fine by me though. Also, the Ottomans never completely defeated the Safavids, and later Safavids kings managed to book victories over the Ottomans as well.

Iranian people were controlled by people who claimed Persian culture as their own, took over Persian royal titles and fought in the name of Iran. Who cares what ethnicity they were?

if they fight against EU or US or Saudis, you are right, they will accept themselves as part of Iran, but not against Turkey, lets just agree here... especially when Iran starts a war from out of nowhere, lets say Iran attack Turkey tomorrow. everybody will think why? or think sned your Persians to fight the war then...

Azerbaijan is just a name, even Armenia call us Turks and others too. There were no Azerbaijan in History, but there was Safavids which was ruled by Turkish people for centuries...
Azeris spoke Iranian language until they became turkification.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Azeri_language

Same as Anatolis that were indo-european people and became turkication by Turkish invaders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatolian_languages

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkification

Even the royal court of the Ottomans spoke Persian.
When the kings of Iran and Ottomans wrote letters to each other, they only wrote in persian, and these letters still exist today.

Also it is simply incorrect to say that the Safavids were Azari... people who say this do not know the history.
Shah Esmaeil, the founder of Safavids was half european on his mothers side, and Kurdish on his fathers side, even though he had Azari liniage as well.

This is actually how typical Iranians are... they all would have some Kurdish, Azari, Persian, Lor, Gilaki mixes, and this is what the enemies of Iran can not undrestand.

Back
Top Bottom