What's new

Iran Army tests combat readiness with surprise drills near Turkey border

all of the letters written between the ottomans and Iranian kings are in Persian.
The Ottoman royals spoke persian, and even to this day, a large portion of Turkish is made up of Persin words.
Do you know Turkish?

all of the letters written between the ottomans and Iranian kings are in Persian.
The Ottoman royals spoke persian, and even to this day, a large portion of Turkish is made up of Persin words.
Quotes from a study conducted by Willem Floor is an independent scholar based in Washington. Hasan Javadi is a retired professor of Middle Eastern Studies, UC Berkeley:

"Turkic languages and dialects played a much more important role in Safavid Iran than is generally thought, while Azerbaijani Turkish in particular was widely spoken and written in Safavid Iran. It was not only the language of the court and the army, but it was also used in poetry, even by renowned poets who usually wrote in Persian. The Safavid shahs, many of whom wrote poetry in Turkish themselves, promoted its literary use. Also, Turkish was used in the court's official correspondence, for both internal and external affairs."
"Throughout the Safavid period there were two constants to Azerbaijani Turkish as a spoken language in Iran. First, it was and remained the official language of the royal court during the entire Safavid period. Second, the language remained the spoken language of the Turkic Qizilbash tribes and was also spoken in the army. Browne observed that the Safavid army’s war cry “was not ‘Long live Persia!’ or the like, but, in the Turkish language, ‘O my spiritual guide and master whose sacrifice I am!’"
"The importance of Safavid poets who wrote poems in Turkish requires a separate study.54 The most well-known is Fozuli Baghdadi. Of the poets who wrote poems in Turkish we may only mention Masihi (Varqeh and Golshah), Qusi Tabrizi (divan), Malek Beyg Owji (divan), Morteza Qoli Khan Zafar (divan), Mirza Mohammad Mahjub Tabrizi (divan), Salman Momtaz Mowji (divan), Mirza saleh Tabrizi, and ‘Asheq ‘Abbas Tufarqanlu (divan). Poets such as Amani, Sadeqi, Tarzi Afshar, Vahid Qazvini, and Mosaheb Ganjavi each have a divan with poems in both Persian and Turkish. Finally there are poets who have divans in Persian, but who also wrote poems in Turkish such as Sa’eb Tabrizi (17 ghazals in Turkish), Va‘ez Qazvini (9 ghazals in Turkish), Ta’thir Tabrizi (a few ghazals and a qasideh in Turkish), Safi and Mirza Mohsen Ta’thir Tabrizi."

"Contrary to the belief of some historians the Safavid shahs were patrons of poets and a few of the shahs and princes were themselves bi-lingual poets. Most important of them all is Shah Esma‘il I, the founder of the Safavid dynasty, who under the penname of Khata’i has a divan in Turkish, which has been reprinted several times. Ebrahim Mirza (1540–77), a grandson of Shah Esma‘il was a great patron of the arts and wrote poems in Persian and Turkish.56 Shah ‘Abbas I, who himself wrote poems in Persian and Turkish, ordered that the Makhzan of the Chaghatay poet Heydar be translated into Persian, while he also had Sadeqi Afshar, the court librarian, translate Mowlavi’s Mathnavi into Turkish. Shah ‘Abbas II also wrote a few poems in Turkish under the penname of Thani.57 Turkish was also used by the poet laureate or malek al-sho‘ara at the Safavid court on various occasions, such as when he declaimed poems praising the shah, lauded the construction of a new building, or marked the passing of the old into the new year, some of which were in Turkish."

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/263067978_The_Role_of_Azerbaijani_Turkish_in_Safavid_Iran

You can download the full PDF from the source link.

Just goes to show how intertwined the cultures are and how both Turkic and Persian languages played a major role in both empires.

Last edited:
MY BELOVED COMPATRIOTS FORM ALL CORNERS OF IRAN
WE MUST BE CAREFUL TO NOT FALL IN THE SAME TRAP THAT GERMANS AND MANY OTHER NATIONS IN HUMAN HISTORY FALL

BLIND NATIONALISM CAN DESTROY US AND BRING HELL TO IRAN.
I REALLY HAVE FEAR THESE MESS ENTER IRAN.

WE MUST KEEP AND RESPECT IRAN DIVERSITY

When people with blue eyes and white skin strongly believed they are from centeral Asia which were mixture of iranic and eastern asian races , then you shouldn't except logical conversation with them because everyday , they look at mirror and fool themselves ...

So just don't feed the trolls

When people with blue eyes and white skin strongly believed they are from centeral Asia which were mixture of iranic and eastern asian races , then you shouldn't except logical conversation with them because everyday , they look at mirror and fool themselves ...

So just don't feed the trolls
I have European Greek blood. But I like calling myself a Turk. Who has a problem with this? And who actually cares??

Do you know Turkish?

I know Turkish delight..... its Iranian originally.

I have European Greek blood. But I like calling myself a Turk. Who has a problem with this? And who actually cares??

Nobody really cares what you call yourself...but it is factuly incorrect to call yourself a Tork. Its like a black man saying he is a Anglo-Saxon. Just cause you call yourself something, doesnt mean its true.

I know Turkish delight..... its Iranian originally.

Oh go on, do prove it.

Nobody really cares what you call yourself...but it is factuly incorrect to call yourself a Tork. Its like a black man saying he is a Anglo-Saxon. Just cause you call yourself something, doesnt mean its true.

Seems like you Persian cats do care though.

Back
Top Bottom