What's new

Iran among top five drone technology owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happend with so called s-129 uav?

Shahed 123 :

Shahed is the first generation of Iranian jet UAVs that has been developed by HESA , and in next step by introducing Karrar UAV , Iran showed it's strong determination to achieve this type of aircraft .

No specific information about Shahed 123 has been released yet but according to the Interviews , Shahed 123 has following specifications :

Speed : 700 km/h

Flight altitude : 25000 feet ( 7500 m )

Range : 700 km

Reconnaissance and Combat operations are other features of Shahed UAVs . They also have Very low radar cross section .

30 number of Shahed 123 has been produced but there is no exact number of the newer and more advanced version of Shahed UAVs ( Shahed 123 ) .

Shahed 129 :

Shahed 129 (Persian: شاهد ١٢٩, meaning "witness") is an Iranian aerial vehicle (UAV) first publicly unveiled in September 2012. The aircraft is claimed to be capable of carrying out combat and reconnaissance missions with an endurance of 24 hours. However the aircraft cannot be called a MALE UAV because it does not fly at altitudes of above 30,000 ft. MALE, as per standard international terminology for the UAV sector, is a classification which expresses not only endurance but also the predominant altitude of flight .

Development :

Shahed 129 seems similar in appearance to Israeli Hermes 450 UAV. The overall configuration is similar however some sources suggest there are closer parallels to the British Watchkeeper WK450 Work on the project has been underway in 2007 as this was the time when Iran announced the production of cloned Wankel engines for UAV. Production of different parts of the UAV was assigned to different subsidiaries of IRGC like Malek Ashtar University and Shahed Research Center. The final assembly is done in HESA. In July 2012, Shahed 129 was first seen in Great Prophet 7 war games along with some other new UAV. But it was September 2012 that Iran officially unveiled the UAV. Shahed 129 having an endurance of 24 hours and a range of 1700–2000 km. As land based communications limit the range that the aircraft can go without losing the link to the control station, Shahed 129 uses an autopilot system similar to Karrar to follow some predefined way-points and conduct its mission, beyond control station's communication range. Iranian military officials have said that Shahed 129 UAV can increase Iran's surveillance capabilities in border areas, the Persian Gulf and the Sea of Oman.

Shahed 129 is said to be able to carry Sadid-1 missiles, making it Iran's second weapons capable UAV after Karrar. This suggests that Sadid-1 is not solely a light anti-ship missile but supports more general purpose air to surface strike roles .

Manufacturer : Islamic Republic of Iran

Role : Reconnaissance / Attack

Operational range : 1700 - 2000 km

First flight : 2012

82950293151368337427.jpg

46760867007033382330.jpg

172907_pesawat-iran--shahed-129_663_382.jpg

64379688033466948914.jpg

data00025B19-51-205D.JPG

data00025B19-50-575D.JPG

First of all, Neither Iran, Nor India, S. Korea or Russia is ahead of Turkey regarding UAV programs. They have programs but not have a MALE class UAV on sky yet.

In additions, Before examining the Turkey's UAV development, I advice you the check some serious source and read the internaional informations needed before talking. Turkey doesn't need to develop tens of same class UAV's for propaganda. One serious program funded by government and meets the requirement of World standarts is Ok for us...

BTW, What Iran introduced with a name Shahed-129 is a Tactical UAV like a class of Israeli Hermes. Your special image angels to make it looks bigger to equalize the specifications with MALE class UAV's doesn't make any sense. At present, Your officials are talking a MALE UAV development program which have an endurance around 24 hours and altitude around 30000ft. Develop something around this specifications to talk about other's MALE class programs to compare...

My list,

1-USA
2-Israel
3-China-Turkey (China is developing everything more quickly but If We consider Turkey to be unveil a 5 tonnes big brother of ANKA in 2016, We may rank both around same class)
4-Europe (Some European countries like French order Israeli drones to operate instead of developing their own (They have technology indeed). Their main MALE UAV program called Talarion is also cancelled.

5-S. Korea/India/Russia (I think Their MALE drones are under design phase)

some members here have the "courage" to compare other NON-SANCTIONED COUNTRIES TO IRAN....
Everyone before they type a word in the Iranian section they need to remember that IRAN IS UNDER SANCTIONS.. AND IT'S ALL HOME MADE TECHNOLOGY...

some members here have the "courage" to compare other NON-SANCTIONED COUNTRIES TO IRAN....
Everyone before they type a word in the Iranian section they need to remember that IRAN IS UNDER SANCTIONS.. AND IT'S ALL HOME MADE TECHNOLOGY...

No, It is some Iranians always need to compare themselves with quality top class manufacturers to introduce themselves as "best". That's why Such threads/Iranian media sources appear in Iranian section...

No, It is some Iranians always need to compare themselves with quality top class manufacturers to introduce themselves as "best". That's why Such threads/Iranian media sources appear in Iranian section...
because Iran knows that no nation on this earth can accomplish what Iran accomplished under sanctions....

First of all, Neither Iran, Nor India, S. Korea or Russia is ahead of Turkey regarding UAV programs. They have programs but not have a MALE class UAV on sky yet.

In additions, Before examining the Turkey's UAV development, I advice you the check some serious source and read the informatin needed before talking.

BTW, What Iran introduced with a name Shahed-129 is a a Tactical UAV. Your taken image angels to make it looks bigger doesn't make any sense. Your officials are talking a MALE UAV development program which have an endurance around 24 hours and altitude around 30000ft. Develop something around this specifications to talk about other's MALE class programs to compare...

Please do the following things to make it clearer for people here .

1st. post the info of Turkey's UAVs here in order to help people know why Turkey is ahead of Iran - India and Russia that have been working on UAVs for decades .

2nd.please answer my questions :

1.Are there any other drones produced by Turkey that I missed to post ?

2.Is Turkey completely independent in designing and producing them ( I read there was cooperation between Turkey and Israel adding that I'm not sure about that ) ?

3.Is there any other plan for designing UAVs or any other UAVs under development in Turkey ?

4.Every country has advanced step by step in designing and producing UAVs , How has Turkey reached this stage without any experience or previous attempts in this field ?

In additions, Before examining the Turkey's UAV development, I advice you the check some serious source and read the informatin needed before talking.

BTW, What Iran introduced with a name Shahed-129 is a a Tactical UAV. Your taken image angels to make it looks bigger doesn't make any sense. Your officials are talking a MALE UAV development program which have an endurance around 24 hours and altitude around 30000ft. Develop something around this specifications to talk about other's MALE class programs to compare...

Would you mind explaining how you could find the exact size of S-129?I mean we haven't any pic of it comparing it to a known object with known dimensions.How can we know how much bigger Anka is compared to S-129?
Also, how can we know S-129 can not fly for 24 hours continuously?

because Iran knows that no nation on this earth can accomplish what Iran accomplished under sanctions....

Yes indeed I know, Allah creates Iranians so special that They have ability to do what others can't...

Yes indeed I know, Allah creates Iranians so special that They have ability to do what others can't...

1st of all we don't have any personal problem , just discussing in a friendly way .

In this field its the sources , pictures and information that rule not personal views please . ( still waiting for the answer of post 38 )

Would you mind explaining how you could find the exact size of S-129?I mean we haven't any pic of it comparing it to a known object with known dimensions.How can we know how much bigger Anka is compared to S-129?

It is talked many times. Aprox. size is clear with the images introduced above. Its landing gears, image angels also gives a clue regarding the size. Now, You will ask How an UAV program have a connection with the size of design to call it as MALE UAV? The answer is simple, To reach the designated altitude and stay in similar class endurance, All MALE UAV's around the world have over or short simililar weight/size parameters.

In additions, If you don't know Whether It is a MALE UAV or not which will be an equvalent of other countries, Then No need to discuss such things. In this circumstances, This thread and the source published automatically become nonsense. Furthermore, As I said, Your officials are talking about development of a MALE UAV program with 30000ft and 24h endurance. If S-129 was a MALE UAV, What's the purpose of new one ?

That's what We call as tactical UAV which has an operational altitude around 24000ft and 15h duration.
caldiranekiple.jpg

She has an 10m wing length and 5,5-6m length, imilar landing gears with S-129. If I wanted to introduce it as an equivalent of other countries MALE class UAV's, I also prefered to hide the actual specifications and take some special images to make it more bigger because She has such potential..

1st of all we don't have any personal problem , just discussing in a friendly way .

In this field its the sources , pictures and information that rules not personal views please . ( still waiting for the answer of post 38 )

I directed my statement towards the guy I quoted and has nothing to do with other guys...

Please do the following things to make it clearer for people here .

1st. post the info of Turkey's UAVs here in order to help people know why Turkey is ahead of Iran - India and Russia that have been working on UAVs for decades .

2nd.please answer my questions :

1.Are there any other drones produced by Turkey that I missed to post ?

2.Is Turkey completely independent in designing and producing them ( I read there was cooperation between Turkey and Israel adding that I'm not sure about that ) ?

3.Is there any other plan for designing UAVs or any other UAVs under development in Turkey ?

4.Every country has advanced step by step in designing and producing UAVs , How has Turkey reached this stage without any experience or previous attempts in this field ?

I will try to summarize the stuation. Turkey, defence institutes, Universities, technoparks have been spending valuable times to develop various type of UAV's to improve technological skills. Until Now, TAI, ODTU, ITU, KALE, Vestel and some others I don't remember developed many different UAV's. When the feasibility studies give a green light to commence a World class big UAV program, Then signiture signed in 1990's for first MALE UAV. Actually, At feasibility stuidy carried out in those years, TAI foreseen to develop 2 different type of big UAV (One has a wingspan around 18m and Another one is 24m) but SSM choosed 18m variant We called ANKA today, to commence the road. Other UAV with 24m wingspan will be unveiled in 2016 and called as bigbrother of ANKA which has a 5 tonnes take off weight and 1 tonnes payload capacity.

At present, Selected 3 institutes are officially charged to develop/produce World class UAV's (Mini, Tactic, Strategic... classes) Don't forget, TAI was a partner(%25 design/development) of Europe's Talarion program(cancelled) to share the expertise.

BTW, Your source is supporting my statements regarding S-129 is an tactical UAV. Appearance gives the clue indeed.

Shahed 129 :

However the aircraft cannot be called a MALE UAV because ....

Development :

Shahed 129 seems similar in appearance to Israeli Hermes 450 UAV.

It is talked many times. Aprox. size is clear with the images introduced above. Its landing gears, image angels also gives a glue regarding the size. Now, You will ask How an UAV program have a connection with the size of design to call it as MALE UAV? The answer is simple, To reach the designated altitude and stay in similar class endurance, All MALE UAV's around the world have over or short simililar weight/size parameters.

In additions, If you don't know Whether It is a MALE UAV or not which will be an equvalent of other countries, Then No need to discuss such things. In this circumstances, This thread and the source published automatically become nonsense. Furthermore, As I said, Your officials are talking about development of a MALE UAV program with 30000ft and 24h endurance. If S-129 was a MALE UAV, What's the purpose of new one ?

That's what We call as tactical UAV which has an operational altitude around 24000ft and 15h duration.
caldiranekiple.jpg

She has an 10m wing length and 5,5-6m length, imilar landing gears with S-129. If I wanted to introduce it as an equivalent of other countries MALE class UAV's, I also prefered to hide the actual specifications and take some special images to make it more bigger because She has such potential..

I directed my statement towards the guy I quoted and has nothing to do with other guys...
Not a great source, but a good start....

Shahed 129 (Persian: شاهد ١٢٩, meaning "witness") is an Iranian aerial vehicle (UAV) first publicly unveiled in September 2012. The aircraft is claimed to be capable of carrying out combat and reconnaissance missions with an endurance of 24 hours, making it the first Iranian MALE UAV .[1][2]
Shahed 129 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also Medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I will try to summarize the stuation. Turkey, defence institutes, Universities, technoparks have been spending valuable times to develop various type of UAV's to improve technological skills. Until Now, TAI, ODTU, ITU, KALE, Vestel and some others I don't remember developed many different UAV's. When the feasibility studies give a green light to commence a World class big UAV program, Then signiture signed in 1990's for first MALE UAV. Actually, At feasibility stuidy carried out in those years, TAI foreseen to develop 2 different type of big UAV (One has a wingspan around 18m and Another one is 24m) but SSM choosed 18m variant We called ANKA today, to commence the road. Other UAV with 24m wingspan will be unveiled in 2016 and called as bigbrother of ANKA which has a 5 tonnes take off weight and 1 tonnes payload capacity.

At present, Selected 3 institutes are officially charged to develop/produce World class UAV's (Mini, Tactic, Strategic... classes) Don't forget, TAI was a partner(%25 design/development) of Europe's Talarion program(cancelled) to share the expertise.

BTW, Your source is supporting my statements regarding S-129 is an tactical UAV. Appearance gives the clue indeed.

The names you mentioned even weren't in wiki ( except the ones I posted before ) . please post some info and pictures of them ( including sources ) .

Adding that , Iran already has Karrar UCAV which can be called a male one as it's flight altitude is 25000 - 40000 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom