What's new

"Internet Hindus" Caught in Online Frays - Aljazeera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafi ne kuch kaha, page badlo.

We need an infusion of new blood from Iran.

That move is increasingly happening as people have given up on waiting for the mullas to go.

Rafi ne kuch kaha, page badlo.

We need an infusion of new blood from Iran.

That move is increasingly happening as people have given up on waiting for the mullas to go.

How..there are less Parsis in Iran than in India.

How..there are less Parsis in Iran than in India.

There are NO Parsis in Iran.

Parsis is the name of the Zoroastrian community that came to India around 1300 years ago (till about 1000 years ago - a wave of 300 years).

The other wave of Zoroastrian Iranians that came more recently (around 300-200 years ago) during the time of the Qajjars, are called the Zoroastrian Iranis (or "Iroons" in short).

That is why you will see the distinction even on our Fire Temples "Entry for Zoroastrian Parsis and Iranis only."

I am speaking of the Zoroastrian Iranians around Kerman, Isfahan, and Tehran. We have figures that have been built up over years now, and those figures do not tally with the oficial Mulla controlled Iran state figures.

Convervative estimates put the world Zoroastrian population today at over 2.5 milion. That's a tenth of the Jewish population post its renaissance.

We are not going away in a hurry. Or without a fight.

Lol, I thought we coined the phrase "Internet Hindus"... We have many organized Internet Hindus on this forum many of them should be banished from this forum.

this thread should be closed indians are trolling all over the place :angry:

Lol, I thought we coined the phrase "Internet Hindus"... We have many organized Internet Hindus on this forum many of them should be banished from this forum.

Sagarika Ghosh coined the phrase and Pakistanis latched onto it hoping that we will deny the existence of Internet Hindus or will be apologetic for the same. But it has turned on the head. We are proud of the fact that we are Internet Hindus and we are kicking the a$$ of pseudo secularist. If you want to ban us go ahead and do it. We will not be apologetic about being an Internet Hindu who stands for nationalism, equality of rights for all, respect for all, non appeasement of minorities, non vote bank politics and free market economy.

While going through the article, this comment caught my eyes "Why blame Al Jazeera when are are many desi version of Al Jazeeras headed by Barkha Dutt (yes the conduit in the 2G scam between Government & corporate lobbyist) & Rajdeep Sardesai?"

- can't agree more

Sagarika Ghosh coined the phrase and Pakistanis latched onto it hoping that we will deny the existence of Internet Hindus or will be apologetic for the same. But it has turned on the head. We are proud of the fact that we are Internet Hindus and we are kicking the a$$ of pseudo secularist. If you want to ban us go ahead and do it. We will not be apologetic about being an Internet Hindu who stands for nationalism, equality of rights for all, respect for all, non appeasement of minorities, non vote bank politics and free market economy.

The pseudosecularists who were dishing out their perverted secularism feel threatened with the newer generation educated, unbiased people who are knowledgeable about the national affairs and history and have a global perspective and who have started to question them on their stark bias. These pseudosecularists now want to lump these new generation educated, rationale people( these people are not muslim hating people as these pseudosecularist want to project them to be) with the saffronists and tend to paint them with the same color - internet hindus. They felt that it will turn out to be a derogatory term but on the contrary they are in for a shock. The whole new younger generation have wholeheartedly adopted this term to identify themselves with one another.

The pseudosecularists who were dishing out their perverted secularism feel threatened with the newer generation educated, unbiased people who are knowledgeable about the national affairs and history and have a global perspective and who have started to question them on their stark bias. These pseudosecularists now want to lump these new generation educated, rationale people( these people are not muslim hating people as these pseudosecularist want to project them to be) with the saffronists and tend to paint them with the same color - internet hindus. They felt that it will turn out to be a derogatory term but on the contrary they are in for a shock. The whole new younger generation have wholeheartedly adopted this term to identify themselves with one another.

Cannot agree more. With the advent of social media , the so called educated anchors of Indian media cannot get away with whatever they dish out in their channel, rather they will be questioned and scrutinized in real time. Gone are the days when criticism of coverage by the media was sent in respectful letters to the editor that may or may not be heard by the outside world. The social media gave power to the voiceless to raise their voice on an international platform. The bigwigs of Indian media especially the English media fears it and is on a crusade to silence their opposition by first giving a communal color and now actively colluding with Govt to bring in censorship of the social media. Now they say that its for the national security and the day will not be far away when they crack the whip at any criticism directed at the Govt.

Soumitra, Sashan, Harpoon, good points guys.

I'm an Indian first and above all. And a Parsi by faith.

And I believe that there is no greater unifier for our stumbling nation than our generation embracing the nationalistically inclusive birthright that is Hindutva.

Soumitra, Sashan, Harpoon, good points guys.

I'm an Indian first and above all. And a Parsi by faith.

And I believe that there is no greater unifier for our stumbling nation than our generation embracing the nationalistically inclusive birthright that is Hindutva.

Hindu hatred runs high among Pakistanis. Even Indian Christians, Sikh, Buddhist or Parsi are "Internet Hindus" for them. :cheesy:

what is "internet hindus" Gigawatt? So I can discuss them too, I don't know what this term means.

Yes u r right.. everything "INDIAN" is same for us, include "INDIAN MUSLIMS" like Fazlu, Bablu etc in your list too!

But on the other hand we LOVE SRI LANKAN AND NEPALESE HINDUS, CHINESE BUDDHISTS, U.K. and Canada SIKHS, and IRANIAN Parsis and a

There are NO Parsis in Iran.

Parsis is the name of the Zoroastrian community that came to India around 1300 years ago (till about 1000 years ago - a wave of 300 years).

The other wave of Zoroastrian Iranians that came more recently (around 300-200 years ago) during the time of the Qajjars, are called the Zoroastrian Iranis (or "Iroons" in short).

That is why you will see the distinction even on our Fire Temples "Entry for Zoroastrian Parsis and Iranis only."

I am speaking of the Zoroastrian Iranians around Kerman, Isfahan, and Tehran. We have figures that have been built up over years now, and those figures do not tally with the oficial Mulla controlled Iran state figures.

Convervative estimates put the world Zoroastrian population today at over 2.5 milion. That's a tenth of the Jewish population post its renaissance.

We are not going away in a hurry. Or without a fight.

How much Zoroastrians still living in Iran and what is their condition now. I read somewhere that Indian Zoroastrians helped them to get rid of Jaziya tax during Qajar dynasty.

what is "internet hindus" Gigawatt? So I can discuss them too, I don't know what this term means.

Yes u r right.. everything "INDIAN" is same for us, include "INDIAN MUSLIMS" like Fazlu, Bablu etc in your list too!

But on the other hand we LOVE SRI LANKAN AND NEPALESE HINDUS, CHINESE BUDDHISTS, U.K. and Canada SIKHS, and IRANIAN Parsis and a

You can ask for free Momos from Nepalese Hindus.

How much Zoroastrians still living in Iran and what is their condition now. I read somewhere that Indian Zoroastrians helped them to get rid of Jaziya tax during Qajar dynasty.

Close to 1.5 million. Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan also have significant populations still.

You can ask for free Momos from Nepalese Hindus.

Three pointer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom