What's new

"Internet Hindus" Caught in Online Frays - Aljazeera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually there is no point arguing with Paks what is our internal matter and what they will probably not understand.

I rest my case.

If they have their way all minorities will be forced to reconvert to Hinduism and any dissenters will be Savagely put down.

That happens only in Pakistan where girls are kidnapped for the purpose of conversion.. Pakistani muslims are trying everything possible to convert it's minority to Islam and those who opposes are harrased/punished/killed in the name of blasphemy..

Exactly my thoughts. Its only time when Congress will be vandalized, and they know it very well, and this is what giving them nightmares.
According to my information/assumptions, we will see some drastic changes by the end of this year.

Guys like these two pages--
https://www.facebook.com/internethindus
https://www.facebook.com/iacongress

:rofl::yahoo:This is the first post on facebook internethindus page:

On Adams Bridge:

Secularists want to destroy Ram Setu. They say it is natural and not made by Sri Ram Ji's sena with Hanuman Ji himself.
If Ramayana is not real, if Hindus are wrong, then who made this huge bridge that connects India and Sri Lanka that can be seen from outer space?

:taz::rofl:

People like Swamy( extreme right wing) and Sagarika Ghose ( extreme left wing) both are the scum of Indian society .They represent extreme positions which have nothing to do with reality . In reality most Indians whether they agree with me on this forum or not find more resonance with the Centre leaning views of Sadanand Dhume . He was the person who made by far the most sense on the entire show .

I will be honest though , I have met far more Islamophobic Indians on the internet than I have ever met in real life and i have lived in this country since birth .

A tiny minority- who cares? There are neo-Nazis, right-wingers, white supremists, militant Jihadists etc all over the world.

India is a thoroughly secular nation no YT vid is going to convince me otherwise.

I am not passing judgement on whether it is good or bad. Simply glad that people are acknowledging it openly that Indian secularism is under threat from this rising phenomenon.

Only time will tell...

Indian secularism is under threat from what exactly ? Hindus taking pride in their roots ? I am sorry ?Didn't catch that.

I don't agree with people like Swamy as well and I do think that people with an extreme right wing mentality like his are in the fringe elements in India but to say that any Hindu who takes pride in his roots which was the gist of Metro's arguments is an attack on Indian secularism smacks of religious intolerance and utter ignorance on your part as well .

A tiny minority- who cares? There are no-Nazis, right-wingers, white supremists, militant Jihadists etc all over the world.

India is a thoroughly secular nation no YT vid is going to convince me otherwise.

Exactly , the comments of Indian muslims on twitter shown on the show itself proves this fact.

They live in the country and they know first hand how much discrimination and/or tolerance there is .Sagarika ghose and Swamy both are people who have an image to keep up with so they will spew all kinds of BS , the only one making any sense on the show was Sadanand Dhume - No left , no right. Just simple plain truth .

Actually 6 times.

First time by Junayad, the Arab governor of Sind in 725 AD.
Second time by Mahmud ghaznavi in 1024 AD.
Third time by Sultan Allauddin Khilji in 1296 AD.
Fourth time by Muzaffar Shah I, the Sultan of Gujarat in 1375 AD.
Fifth time by Mahmud Begda, the Sultan of Gujarat in 1451 AD.
Sixth time by Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb in 1701 AD.
But you people built the temple again.

Which posts, call him out, quote him and make some good arguments, have some guts.

And your point is.........?

Point is that they follow the religion of Destruction and we follow the religion of Construction.

Indian secularism is under threat from what exactly ? Hindus taking pride in their roots ? I am sorry ?Didn't catch that.

I don't agree with people like Swamy as well and I do think that people with an extreme right wing mentality like his are in the fringe elements in India but to say that any Hindu who takes pride in his roots which was the gist of Metro's arguments is an attack on Indian secularism smacks of religious intolerance and utter ignorance on your part as well .

Exactly , the comments of Indian muslims on twitter shown on the show itself proves this fact.

They live in the country and they know first hand how much discrimination and/or tolerance there is .Sagarika ghose and Swamy both are people who have an image to keep up with so they will spew all kinds of BS , the only one making any sense on the show was Sadanand Dhume - No left , no right. Just simple plain truth .

It would be intolerant not to let a bunch of intolerant, ignorant "internet Hindus" have their views. But that doesn't mean the entire nation believes in their BS all that we all buy their crap.

+ I would say as more and more get educated India is getting more and more secular and tolerant.

Just guessing that, I'm a Hindu and i'm using internet. Does that make me a Internet-Hindu?
hmm.jpg

Actually there is no point arguing with Paks what is our internal matter and what they will probably not understand.

I rest my case.

Agreed.

However, as I noted, this movement has strong elements of assertive nationalism, which will impact India's foreign policy.

As I mentioned in my first comment, he is calling for bans on religious conversions and demolishing mosques. That goes beyond pride.

He is a hero. Modi is a hero. A movement is judged by the leaders it chooses as spokespersons.

It would be intolerant not to let a bunch of intolerant, ignorant "internet Hindus" have their views. But that doesn't mean the entire nation believes in their BS all that we all buy their crap.

+ I would say as more and more get educated India is getting more and more secular and tolerant.

I wonder what made you think that Internet Hindus are ignorant and intolerant..?
Infact they are amongst the most educated and politically aware individuals.
Either ure underestimating their intelligence or you are over estimating ure intelligence,.

Should "Internet Hindu" be banned as "50 cent army".....?:shout:

Just wondering........:undecided:

Actually this word "Internet Hindu" was coined by that boy-cut, bindi wearing Sagarika Ghose when she was (hopelessly) cornered in a debate by a guy regarding some issue (i cant remember which one). That guy was on a rampage exposing the double standards in the name of secularism and how the media plays ball with it. This word was the result of her desperation then.

At first people did not like to associated with it the term, but now people are shedding their inhibitions and saying with pride "Yes I'm a internet Hindu. Problem ?".

Problem ? :)

See the person you referred to should be given an award and his own show, the TRUTH has to prevail at all times.

Agreed.

However, as I noted, this movement has strong elements of assertive nationalism, which will impact India's foreign policy.

As I mentioned in my first comment, he is calling for bans on religious conversions and demolishing mosques. That goes beyond pride.

He is a hero. Modi is a hero. A movement is judged by the leaders it chooses as spokespersons.

Taking pride in hindu roots is not attacking Indian secularism . That was what Metro was saying hindutva was all about .

People asking for the extremist stuff you mentioned are in the fringes of the movement. Just because a sub-set is bad does not mean the movement itself is bad .

Modi is a hero for his performance in Gujarat , nothing wrong with that .Those who consider people like Swamy as a hero are very few to be relevant . That is the reason they are so vocal on the internet , because in the real world they know their hardline views will be ridiculed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom