What's new

INS Vishal: Will India go Nuclear?

ROFLOL!! Never mind, you did not get the joke.

Don't make assumptions here BOY. You maybe a terrorist for all we know, so why don't you shut up and concentrate on the topic?

Kid I'm concentrating on the topic.. its your mind that's so weak to identify the capability of India.. for all i can see is you might be a false flagger or a congressi stooge

India is in the process of building the 40,000 ton carrier and lets see how long it takes to be built. Only after that is complete will the 65,000 ton AC will commence work.

how can you be so narrow minded boy...

Building commercial vessels and naval vessels are different things. But never mind. And it is not just an AC we are talking about. We are talking about a nuclear powered AC, there is a reactor to be designed, built and ensured that it fits inside the hull.

and 40k ton carrier built by India as a example doesn't come into your mind because its not been completed fully????

like i already stated reactors doesn't need to be built from the scratch.. and Baba atomic scientist are already designing the reactor for that from last year. you don't need to worry bout the reactors being fit inside the hull or not... Indian Scientists are way more smarter than you in that field

India is in the process of building an aircraft carrier, not already built.

:hitwall::hitwall: why your mind is not able to catch something that's realy important.. more than 90% of works are finished in IAC-1 and only the island works are left over. and you think that doesn't qualify us in builing next carrier Whhile Chinese with no experience building a carrier would blow your mind:crazy:

Dont give me should, could, would. I am asking you how much does it cost to operate a nuclear AC. In theory India can buy 4000 Bofors Howitzers this year itself, but still not even 40 has been purchased so far. Defence budget and grocery budget are different things you see.

http://fas.org/man/gao/nsiad98001/c3.htm

Don't bring bofors here... that's Army's weapon, IN will purchse whatever it needs from its fund while army buys from thier funds

Not entirely correct. Diesel, or rather Steam was used to power the Kitty Hawk, which at 86,000 tons is significantly heavier than the proposed INS-Vishal.

Further, the difference between the operational and maintenance costs between a CVN and a CV, over a period of 40 years still cannot justify a nuclear propulsion. I went through the entire GAO report on the US CV and CV fleet to study this.
True but like the US we have invested in smaller nuclear reactors to power or subs and we need to keep the engineers busy and the companies involved profitable otherwise we would be wasting the resources for just 6 subs. Also, oil is getting more expensive and in wartime India's oil reserves are massively allocated to the Army.

Precisely. And unlike a certain 'patriot', I can back up my claims with solid numbers, from the US GAO no less.

G.A.O. is the US version of the Indian C.A.G. (all numbers below are in millions)

cost.jpg

This is the reason I had suggested on another forum that India go for a larger CV than go for a CVN at this juncture, if cost-effectiveness had to be maximized.

If you want to focus exclusively on life cycle costs, the following table will give you an idea.

cost_2.jpg

You are right, however EMALS required the juice a Nuclear station puts out. It is the technology of the future. Besides with CVN we might go for Electric Drive which will revolutionize the IN Ship Building.

Back
Top Bottom