What's new

'INS Vikramaditya will be a game-changer'

point is its not in indian navy's hands

israelis are still working on it after it failed trials last year or so ,,,therefore we can do nothing but to wait.

The bugs have been rectified, its less to do with what they are doing with it and more to do with how quickly we plan to get down to work...by the the end of the first quarter next year you will see some concrete results.

INS Vikramaditya will be a game-changer

Not really, it will be better than using INS Viraat and Sea Harriers, but we don't need it cover Pakistans coastline, nor to keep check of the Bay of Bengal, which makes these huge costs and delays not worth it.
Not so costly considering out Indigenous 'Vikrant' will cost us around $4-5 Billion.

Where did you get that figure?

Not really, it will be better than using INS Viraat and Sea Harriers, but we don't need it cover Pakistans coastline, nor to keep check of the Bay of Bengal, which makes these huge costs and delays not worth it.

Where did you get that figure?

i am sorry but ins viraat is already on its last legs and did u say sea harriers??

only 11 are left and do u think they can joust with f-16 or even jf-17 for the matter??no

vikramaditya comes with modern(relatively) mig-29k and thats the real diff,,,,not the carrier itself

From that source:

Sources said the construction of the carrier, minus the weapon systems and aircraft, will cost more than $2.2 billion.

So when we can build a new carrier for $2.2 billions and get a refurbished Russian carrier for the same or even more costs, something is not right don't you think?

From that source:

So when we can build a new carrier for $2.2 billions and get a refurbished Russian carrier for the same or even more costs, something is not right don't you think?
Well if you ask me now they sure!! But according to Our track record cost over run is very much likely. Though I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

i am sorry but ins viraat is already on its last legs and did u say sea harriers??

only 11 are left and do u think they can joust with f-16 or even jf-17 for the matter??no

vikramaditya comes with modern(relatively) mig-29k and thats the real diff,,,,not the carrier itself

That's why I said, it's at least better than Viraat, but won't be a big help against Pakistan either. Using shorebased AWACS and fighters, might even add more punch against their coastal areas than this carrier with Migs and Ka 31.

That's why I said, it's at least better than Viraat, but won't be a big help against Pakistan either. Using shorebased AWACS and fighters, might even add more punch against their coastal areas than this carrier with Migs and Ka 31.

u are right in this regard.
u know what blunder india did when selecting mig-29 upgrade or new mig-29k??

we did not opt for mig-35 aesa in this fighter.........russia was short on cash and needed a firm commitment to continue working on that panel.

had we agreed we would have got a whole diff platform with range in excess of 200 km and way way better ecm capabilities.

:sniper::sniper:One Missile from Pakistan will take down the game changer :) :pakistan::rofl::rofl::rofl::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

u are right in this regard.
u know what blunder india did when selecting mig-29 upgrade or new mig-29k??

we did not opt for mig-35 aesa in this fighter.........russia was short on cash and needed a firm commitment to continue working on that panel.

had we agreed we would have got a whole diff platform with range in excess of 200 km and way way better ecm capabilities.

AESA was not developed for the Mig 29s, especially not with full A2G or maritime modes, so that is not the issue, but the aircraft mix on the carriers in general is not that impressive.

It will help in making the naval fleet invincible against pakistani ships. The air wing is primarily for naval operations, not land strike, which the air force will do. The mig 29Ks can strike pakistani ships, while warding off any aerial threats to our own ships. That's the main reason our navy operates a carrier. 
:sniper::sniper:One Missile from Pakistan will take down the game changer :) :pakistan::rofl::rofl::rofl::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Wonder why pak did not send one missile at the vikrant when she was sending sea hawk after sea hawk to decimate your navy and lay waste to your harbour.

AESA was not developed for the Mig 29s, especially not with full A2G or maritime modes, so that is not the issue, but the aircraft mix on the carriers in general is not that impressive.

thats what i am saying

it was not fully ready but had we expressed interest it would have been definitely.

we just saved money and opted for useless zhuk-me radar which was a letdown

Wonder why pak did not send one missile at the vikrant when she was sending sea hawk after sea hawk to decimate your navy and lay waste to your harbour.

yeah, it was hiding some where deep inside when Pak Navy Submarine was looking for it :rofl::rofl::omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom