What's new

INS Vikramaditya commissioned

Previously, the date of dispatch of the Vikramaditya aircraft carrier to its permanent base was Saturday, November 30, but considering the extent of the ship’s readiness, its exit in the sea was moved a few days ahead at the request of the Indian crew’s commander Commodore Suraj Berry.

Something actually earlier than planned + Vikramditya= :cheesy::cheesy:

INS Vikramaditya begins voyage to India | Russia & India Report

kbhp.gif

MiG-29Ks before receiving IN paint scheme and insignia.
Nope, all IN MIG-29K/KUB were new-build, none were used in testing/evaluation off the flight deck of the Viky.

Previously, the date of dispatch of the Vikramaditya aircraft carrier to its permanent base was Saturday, November 30, but considering the extent of the ship’s readiness, its exit in the sea was moved a few days ahead at the request of the Indian crew’s commander Commodore Suraj Berry.

Something actually earlier than planned + Vikramditya= :cheesy::cheesy:

Or the commodore wants to come home early?;)

Or the commodore wants to come home early?;)

He might have enough of the cold weather. :enjoy:

P.S. Btw, we have seen the Russians integrating different Russian weapons into the Migs. We also have seen the IN Mig with them, or even an Elta self protection jammer, but did anybody have seen the Litening being integrated and what about other weapons? Sudharshan should be added in the long run, but Griffin LGBs, or some other Israeli weapons?

Last edited:
Gessler said: ↑
MiG-29Ks before receiving IN paint scheme and insignia.
Nope, all IN MIG-29K/KUB were new-build, none were used in testing/evaluation off the flight deck of the Viky.

I'm sure no IN MiG-29s were used for testing the capabilities of Viky with respect to it's ability to launch and land the aircraft, but I'm sure all IN MiG-29s were tested for taking-off and subsequently landing on the carrier. Cause I remember 1 of our MiG-29s crashed during tests and was later rightfully replaced by Russians

P.S. Btw, we have seen the Russians integrating different Russian weapons into the Migs. We also have seen the IN Mig with them, or even an Elta self protection jammer, but did anybody have seen the Litening being integrated and what about other weapons? Sudharshan should be added in the long run, but Griffin LGBs, or some other Israeli weapons?

:lol:Probably..I didnt find a pic showing that POD with Migs, but I know that it is the POD, Migs will use. I dont see them using other Israeli weapons for A2A or A2G. Sudarshan, as you said is for future..

Will they even be able to carry littening pods or Elta jammers with all the other weapon systems on board?

Is there any plans of integrating Brahmos / Aakash on Vikramaditya?

Is there any plans of integrating Brahmos / Aakash on Vikramaditya?
Brahmos is not required as other frigates/destroyers will have that while Akash's range is just 30km and its bulky too so won't be installed rather Viki will get LR-SAM with 70/120 KM range Sams.

I'm sure no IN MiG-29s were used for testing the capabilities of Viky with respect to it's ability to launch and land the aircraft, but I'm sure all IN MiG-29s were tested for taking-off and subsequently landing on the carrier. Cause I remember 1 of our MiG-29s crashed during tests and was later rightfully replaced by Russians
They were NOT tested on the Viky. They were flight tested in Russia, yes- as all such products are.

Back
Top Bottom