What's new

INS Arihant : Updates & Discussion

I dont know whether any of you guys read this article, but if not, then enjoy :
20462914.jpg

66602302.jpg

94214502.jpg

Most first SSBN are test beds. Its clear that no real SSBN are built with only 4 launch tubes.

let me remind you....this subs are to carry nuke war heads not conventional ones so i do thing 4 launch tubes with 3 missiles each---12 missiles would be a potentially dangerous ...

ps it is dangerous even if it only carries one nuke missile

Arihant reactor will be critical in jan or feb 2012 according to the given source. Any info regarding this.:yahoo::yahoo:

[When is the Pressurised Water Reactor, which uses enriched uranium as fuel, on board India's nuclear-powered submarine, Arihant, going critical?

I was actually hoping that it would be started up by the end of this year, but I am told now that it will be commissioned in January or February 2012. Some things are yet to be settled.]

Source- ‘We can allay the fears'

Sea Trials of INS Arihant next month | idrw.org
++
insarihant.png

Media reports are indicating that India’s first nuclear submarine is all set for its Sea Trials, scheduled for next month. INS Arihant has
recently successfully completed Harbour Acceptance Trials (HATS) and is been readied currently for Sea acceptance trials (SATS).
INS Arihant will carry out series of Sea Trials, which will also involve weapons trials at the last leg, before its ready for induction into Indian
Navy,
Naval source close to idrw.org ,mentioned that Sea Trials will be done in phases , which will not only involve sensors and electronics test , but also safety and weapons trial.
INS Arihant will complete India’s nuclear triad and recently Russians have handed over INS Chakra aka Akula -2 nuclear submarine to Indian Navy
last month on a ten year lease. Source also mentioned that work on second indigenous nuclear submarine named INS Aridhaman is in full swing and works on third submarine known as S3, will start soon. Indian navy will get four submarine of Arihant class and all submarines will be joining Indian Navy by 2025.
INS Arihant has four silos and initially will be armed with 12 K-15 missiles which have 750 km range and later will also be able to carry still to tested 4 K-4 missile with range of 3500km based on Agni-3
will truly complete India’s nuclear triad.

Weapon trial=k15 blast out of water in middle of bay of bengal?

the bay of Bengal has become the favorite place for testing all missiles:).

Back
Top Bottom