What's new

INS Arihant : Updates & Discussion

ballistic missiles? in INS Arihant? :disagree:

They only need to send 80% of Indian members here on board to

INS Arihant,then it WILL become ballistic, and bullistic too, even without

trials ! :agree:

ahhhhhhhhhh the beatiful troll!!!!!!!:P

Typhoon class SLBMs is placed in a tilted position?

Yes.. I think so.

In one Critical Review of the Movie " The Hunt for Red October " which showed an Advanced "Typhoon Classs" Sub it was told that the Missile Bay shown (when Jack Tyan Chases the Cook , near Climax ) is Vertical Like US' Ships Which is NOT the way its actually there in Typhoon aka Akula ( Russian Categorization ).

However, let me do some reading , hope i get some concrete info.

Can the missile be placed in a tilted position?

Our Kilo class submarines armed with Club-S missile are in horizontal position that can be launched from torpedo tubes. But ballistic missile like Agni-3SL requires vertical launching systems because they are heavy and if the propulsion turned on it will generate huge power which will push them forward. So its better for heavy SLBM to have vertical launching system.

After reading more about Arihant. The equivalent of US version of Arihand is USS Halibut built in 1959.. India is about 50 years behind the US in submarine technology

After reading more about Arihant. The equivalent of US version of Arihand is USS Halibut built in 1959.. India is about 50 years behind the US in submarine technology

Let me ask the same question my friend had asked you before. What is your qualification with respect to Nuclear submaries? Please answer it this time, don't avoid the question asked. since u r so interested in Indian defence aquisitions and whats been developed so I think u will be really happy to share ur secret. Waiting to hear your expert advise...

^ you are wrong. but only 6 countries have this technology
In our earth . And sonars and missiles or reactor are not 50 years but 15 to 20 years behind of yours

jbond.. what are your qulifications to criticize my comments? If you do not like what I say, then come up with a response. Your childish attacks against me just show your immaturity. If you have not way of responding to my statement, you can keep quiet and stop making a fool our of yourself.

^ you are wrong. but only 6 countries have this technology
In our earth . And sonars and missiles or reactor are not 50 years but 15 to 20 years behind of yours

15-20 years behind the US. 15 years ago, the US had started inducting Ohio class subs. Are you saying that arihant is equivalent of an earlier Ohio class nuclear subs.

What India need is an equivalent of Polaris A1 missiles and James Madison class nuclear subs. Arihant doesn't carry anything equivalent to a Polaris missiles. India also need to build its first George Washinton Class submarine. A real SLBM submarine carrying 12-16 missiles. As far as I see, Arihant only carry 4 missiles. In my estimation, this should be a test bed platform as no other P5 deploy anything that carrying only 4 missiles

Look i did't mention all systems, btw it very tuf to estimate how many years behind us subs, may be some parts like sensors may pair with counter part. So i said roughly 15 to 20 years old

Btw by your logic 1960 ships have not modern displays and sensors like nowadays . So it is non sense to compare to both

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom