What's new

Information Pool & Analysis on Pakistan's AF Aspiration for Su-35 / Su-35S - FLANKER-E

the problem here is sir russians services after sale and parts supply is not good . we do not want another problem after USA .
Pak when purchasing ah-1z also ordered 3 years worth of supply so i guess lessons learnt in the past are working

If you want EF your government have to be proactive. UK post BREXIT needs new sources of investments and trade treaties. In G20 PM Modi and PM May talked about free trade agreement. Already Australia, Mexico, Singapore, India and South Korea have kind of given verbal assurances to Theresa May.

If Pakistan Government now moves in and does this trade agreement with UK and showcases that it's committed to UK's well being post BREXIT, it will gain special privileges for helping UK when needed and also forge strong ties with May.

That's when you get UK to help you with a good package in EF procurement directly as well as indirectly. Also you buy out influence.
I think Pakistan has already started the process since that will benefit both nations and UK remains to be one of the major trading partners for Pakistan.

You see here is the problem.

This deals goes through or not, is besides the point for a moment, the point is that
all of mother india's kids had ganged up, and presented Russia as mother india's exclusive propriety "soul mate".

now, you as being a Hindu-stani are tagging a different line ...

I am interested to understand what caused this change ? and how do you plan to defend yourself
when your brothers from indian mother come after you ?
Rationality and logic does not need any bindings. Nor it can be caged.
What I said is logical and rational. To refute it anyone including my fellow Indians have to say truthfully what's wrong in the logic.

Russia will remain in our side as long as we keep buying weapons in good amount and don't give access to others. For them France itself is an issue. Giving USA access to Frontline weapon system procurement gives them the ability and logic to do what USA is doing to both sides. After all it's not wrong in any manner to sell Su35s when American can sell F16/F18 to India.

We can try and delay it with super sukhoi upgrade and PAKFA/FGFA purchase and committed close to $30Bn over 10years for these two programs. Will that be enough , I am not sure.. as I said earlier Russia will like to delink all these programs as strategic programs and in no manner compromising india'security risk. They will cite that 3-5 sqds of Su35 won't tilt balance in Pakistan favour as compared to 300upgraded flankers. And they will go ahead with the sale.

A simple way to gauge a possibility of Russian interest in selling Pakistan Su-35 would be a state visit by President Putin.
So far Putin has not visited Pakistan as there is little substance in Russia-Pakistan ties.
For an Su-35 sale to happen you need a really large lot of substance in ties:)

http://www.dawn.com/news/1246419

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

A simple way to gauge a possibility of Russian interest in selling Pakistan Su-35 would be a state visit by President Putin.
So far Putin has not visited Pakistan as there is little substance in Russia-Pakistan ties.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Hey nobody is saying that Russia had agreed and Pakistan is buying SU35... The news is only telling that both parties had a fruitful discussion regarding it... Its still long way to go..

Rationality and logic does not need any bindings. Nor it can be caged.
What I said is logical and rational. To refute it anyone including my fellow Indians have to say truthfully what's wrong in the logic.

Russia will remain in our side as long as we keep buying weapons in good amount and don't give access to others. For them France itself is an issue. Giving USA access to Frontline weapon system procurement gives them the ability and logic to do what USA is doing to both sides. After all it's not wrong in any manner to sell Su35s when American can sell F16/F18 to India.

We can try and delay it with super sukhoi upgrade and PAKFA/FGFA purchase and committed close to $30Bn over 10years for these two programs. Will that be enough , I am not sure.. as I said earlier Russia will like to relink all these programs as strategic programs and in no manner compromising india'security risk. They will cite that 3-5 sqds of Su35 won't tilt balance in Pakistan favour as compared to 300upgraded flankers. And they will go ahead with the sale.

You used my favorite word, Logic.

I will not troll you anymore.

My take,

Modi sarkar has over played it's hand.
Russia has a legacy of pride and heritage, that they will consider before anything else.

This sukhoi deal may never happen, which is fine.

however India was russia's source of cash since many decades. Now western arm manufacturers are eating
out of that pie which is india's defense budget. Russians are getting the 2nd spoils.
Whereas top dollars are going westwards.
It's an insult to a country which was your defense partner for too long, too deep.

When George bush came , I told the indians it is now your turn to be in the middle of hug of death.

Now you will see it happen.

Modi Sarkar will burn and destroy excellent work done by Indian diplomats since decades.

I say that as a Pakistani.

Last edited:

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Putin is not needed to visit Pakistan for signing Su-35 deal. I don't think GoP has seriously invited him to visit Pakistan but Pakistan and Russia are moving closer on multiple fronts including but not limited to the defence ties. CPEC can take a lot of Russian trade woes away and since both Pakistan and China have great relations with Russia, it s very much a possibility to include Russia into CPEC.

Last edited:
@PARIKRAMA

Your one post has sowed the seeds for all kinds of delusions and fantasies

Even if we buy F 16 ; Pakistan will Not get SU 35

Do you Think MEA and MOD are so foolish to allow this to happen

India and Russia are SO DEEPLY involved that it is blasphemous to think that
This deal will happen

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

The deal can go to hell.

But your level of insecurity is just epic !

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
I've looked into RIA's Russian site and found the transcript of the press conference. It looks like you took the answer for another question and pasted it to the Su-35 question. The ambassador was asked point blank about the Su-35, and he answered along the lines of "on this issue, the ACM had fruitful talks."

Here's what Google Translator is saying:

https://m.ria.ru/interview/20160905/1476089077.html

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160905-164626.png
    Screenshot_20160905-164626.png
    306.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20160905-164840.png
    Screenshot_20160905-164840.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 68
it is offtopic
Neither the Paks nor the us are dumbphucks,pak has been using AH-1s for the last 40 or so years,we have expertise as well an repairing infrastructure for those,we never intended to buy a whole lot in the first place,max order will be 24 till 2018.
Latest Hellfire 2 (it is still fire and forget)was ordered,not the best one because they offered little more for lot more money.
Mmw is still being developed it has not entered operational even in US,till than latest AAQ-30 TSS is there for us to serve better.
mmw is being offered by turkish in their 129 variant to us and their hell fire variant will also be available ,Z-10 is whole another story.
Lol.
Longbow MMW is in service for a long time.
India is getting longbow along with fire forget Agm-114L3 missiles, Pakistan is not getting any radar and only AGM114R which requires continuous laser on target.

http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sale...cial-sale-ah-64d-block-iii-apache-helicopters

I never said Putin has to come for signing but Actually that a Putin visit will show that Pakistan Russia ties have matured enough for a possible sale of fighters.

Anyways it appears he turned down Pakistani invitation
http://arynews.tv/en/russian-president-putin-declines-invitation-visit-pakistan-reports/
This does not speak for Russia-Pak relations but for the failure of the idiot who is our PM and FM. Mr. Putin is the president of Russia, a superpower, and of course he won't visit Pakistan for just cutting the ribbon and spend some time in Pakistan. There has to be a substantial agenda and some concrete deals and agreements on strategic level between both the countries. Pakistan has been very slow and at times reluctant in shaking hands with Russians lest it may earn the wrath of uncle sam but the latter is already moving away so Pakistan has been left with little choice.

Last edited:
@PARIKRAMA

Your one post has sowed the seeds for all kinds of delusions and fantasies

Even if we buy F 16 ; Pakistan will Not get SU 35

Do you Think MEA and MOD are so foolish to allow this to happen

India and Russia are SO DEEPLY involved that it is blasphemous to think that
This deal will happen
Nothing is blasphemous in defence industry. As long as geo political interest are aligned everyday a new ally will be made and another will be downgraded. For Russia India relationship will remain strategic. But delinking it from normal small fleet purchase should not sound too hopeless or strange.
After all you just heard India interest on KC46. Till sometime back it was A330MRTT which was largely discarded bcz IL76/78MKI fleet commanlity and low cost and a very strong lobby protected that portion of their turf.

It's same here when it comes to fighter jets. They will accommodate French weapons bcz Mirages were there for long and Rafale won MMRCA tender. But now if we buy a frontline USA jet nothing stops them from letting a small fleet to Pakistan. They sold Su35and S400 to China as well and lot more stuff. Then our influence and relation could not stop it either.

Their message will be loud and clear that when we let US frontline systems in, they will express displeasure in the beat possible manner which serves as a reminder for everyone. By giving Su35 when we buy F16, it will serve as a reminder for our country bcz Su35 is pitted against the very cream of the fighters of today's generation and we are buying a legacy platform which PAF will also retire and find some other replacement in next 15-20 years when we opt for MLU.

Besides as I said logically they can always say such a small fleet cant harm India in any manner

Last edited:
Pakistani economy has very severe LIMITATIONS and constraints

By the way Putin is coming in December to India ; invite him to Pakistan

Russia will sell, Pakistan will not buy it.

Same result, different logic.

Pakistan's destiny lies with Chinese/Turkish options - Western or Russians options are too risky for many reasons out of Pakistan's control.

@PARIKRAMA - Pakistan buying SU-35 would be the best case scenario for India, unfortunately for us PAF ain't stupid, just like India ain't stupid to go for F-16s

Back
Top Bottom