What's new

Information Pool & Analysis on Pakistan's AF Aspiration for Su-35 / Su-35S - FLANKER-E

Hmm.So he himself admitted he has no information about acquisition of military hardware.
He most probably doesn't even know the difference between Su-35 and Mi-35.
But he knows enough to associate the Su-35 with the PAF CAS. He may not know the difference between the two, but he might know enough to quote a transcript correctly.

But he knows enough to associate the Su-35 with the PAF CAS. He may not know the difference between the two, but he might know enough to quote a transcript correctly.
Based on his statement it is is clear that his source of information on military hardware is the media i.e. open source.

Based on his statement it is is clear that his source of information on military hardware is the media i.e. open source.
If I need an analysis, I'll take it from someone who can at least quote a transcript correctly. If you can't get that right, why would anyone buy your insight into the intent of the ambassador?

News is Quoting the Ambassador and he cannot lie..although he can hide lots of information but he gave a small hint that the air cheif had a fruitful discussion which means that Russia gave positive looks to the chief... :) :D

The Pak ambassador went bananas when told they could not have any?
The Pak ambassador was all plum, when told they would get subsidized fighters.
Sour Grapes, the Pak ambassador told Russia, when they straightforwardly said that India relations
would not allow them to sell Su-35. - We are buying used F-16As at the same price!

So a little bit ambigious :enjoy:.

I said the word delinking things and terming existing relations as strategic in all fields..

Don't think too much difference between China and Pakistan. Mark my words, in case a worst case scenario happens and a two front war occurs, don't be surprised to see whatever assets and AD in Tibet Autonomous Region to find way in Pakistan also.
That's why I for one know clearly we need a much superior aircraft platform then teens.

Let's wait and see.. if US fighters come, Russia will give out something for sure.. now what's that and what's the quantum is everyone's best guess as of now..

Putin thinks differently. His relation with India is good but his bonhomie with Modi is lower than what Modi shares with Obama. Unfortunately Obama will go soon and new one may not share same relation warmth from day 1. So too many possibilities.. let's wait and see..

Why do you think we took TEN years to sign LEMOA with USA

And why was the LEMOA tailor made to suit Indian terms and conditions

There are TWO different dynamics here

India USA friendship is NOT AIMED at Russia ; it is aimed at China

We have made that absolutely CLEAR to USA

Tomorrow if USA and Russia go to war ; we will throw away that LEMOA we signed with USA

Pakistan buying SU-35 would be the best case scenario for India, unfortunately for us PAF ain't stupid, just like India ain't stupid to go for F-16s

Suppose we do make that mistake my friend.. imagine say 80 odd F16s. Same as PAF...

What you think then?

Let's assume worst case scenario and bury our logic of not opting for F16s.. then?

I said the word delinking things and terming existing relations as strategic in all fields..

Don't think too much difference between China and Pakistan. Mark my words, in case a worst case scenario happens and a two front war occurs, don't be surprised to see whatever assets and AD in Tibet Autonomous Region to find way in Pakistan also.
That's why I for one know clearly we need a much superior aircraft platform then teens.

Let's wait and see.. if US fighters come, Russia will give out something for sure.. now what's that and what's the quantum is everyone's best guess as of now..

Putin thinks differently. His relation with India is good but his bonhomie with Modi is lower than what Modi shares with Obama. Unfortunately Obama will go soon and new one may not share same relation warmth from day 1. So too many possibilities.. let's wait and see..

Amongst all the countries Indian MEA has the Maximum
success ; experience and exposure with RUSSIA

We can read and understand the RUSSIAN Minds much better than
what we can do with any other country

USA is the New friend of India

Dont you THINK that MEA is keeping daily tabs on what is happening
with Russia Pakistan relations

Such a disaster will destroy India Russia relations

That's because you are now blinded by false hope and

That's because you are now blinded by false hope and empty statements
My statement on your inability to honestly present information has no bearing on my view of the Su-35, (which, BTW, is that it isn't a factor). But, the facts do indicate talks of some kind, whether it will translate into anything, that is not known. Unlikely? Sure. But that is miles away from misquoting a transcript to claim no talks occurred or are occurring, or worse, to assume the intent of the person you misquoted without any evidence except a hunch.

Suppose we do make that mistake my friend.. imagine say 80 odd F16s. Same as PAF...

What you think then?

Let's assume worst case scenario and bury our logic of not opting for F16s.. then?

Your point WOULD have been correct had we
GONE for F 35 INSTEAD of PAKFA

Then Russia would be pissed off

We are already committed to several deals with Russia

The basket is only getting bigger with Tu 22 and Nuke submarines ; S 400
Now Kalibr missiles

PAK FA is a guarenteed purchase and Su 30 upgradation
has been finalised

F 16 will not antagonise them

What you think then?

End of LCA Tejas and possibly end of AMCA as it's either LCA-AMCA or F-16 - F-35. This would imply a death blow to MII.

Not saying necessarily good or bad but basically we would be outsourcing IAF to the yanks as no way you can operate frontline jets without secure communications and this would mean compulsory signing of CISMOA which would then mean US control over mission profile. It is a slippery slope.

I guess I have already elaborated on my preferred option sometime back. That is the only thing which makes sense and is synergistic. If we really want Rafale then we should scrap PAKFA/FGFA as AMCA, FGFA and RAFALE overlap a lot and FGFA/Rafales will unintentionally hinder AMCA induction. Let's say last Rafales in best case scenario comes in 2025, this would co-inside with test versions of AMCA. Rafales would ideally serve of 30 years while AMCA serial production should at latest start by 2030 thereby giving us a overlap of 20 years. With FGFA overlap would be similarly 10 years with AMCA or 25 years with Rafales.

My point is you can't have all Rafales, FGFA and AMCA in huge numbers. One of them have to be cut down. Tech and redundancy wise it should be FGFA while geo-strategically it should be Rafales which should be cut down

Last edited:
OK here is MY CHALLENGE

If PAKISTAN GETS SU 35 ;
India will accept DEFEAT and GIVE KASHMIR to PAKISTAN

And since when are you acting on behalf of the Indian Government.
Instead of making stupid tall claims and statements, first try to openly hoist the Indian flag in the occupied Kashmir.

Lol.
Longbow MMW is in service for a long time.
India is getting longbow along with fire forget Agm-114L3 missiles, Pakistan is not getting any radar and only AGM114R which requires continuous laser on target.

http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sale...cial-sale-ah-64d-block-iii-apache-helicopters

The AGM-114L is a variant designed specifically for use on the AH-64 Apache/Apache Longbow attack helicopter. It uses a millimeter wave (MMW) radar seeker. The L variant has an effective range of 0.5 to 8 km. To date, more than 14,000 AGM-114L missiles have been purchased by the U.S. Army and international customers.

The latest Hellfire variant is the AGM-114R multi–purpose Hellfire II missile, (aka Hellfire Romeo). According to the U.S. Army, the AGM-114R will replace all other Hellfire II missile configurations (K/N/M/P). The AGM-114R consolidates the capabilities of all previous Hellfire missile variants. It is equipped with semi–active laser (SAL) seekers into a single missile capable of defeating a broad range of targets. The AGM-114R can be launched from multiple air, sea and ground platforms, autonomously or with remote designation. From pre-launch to detonation, the AGM-114R employs a range of technological improvements that boost its effectiveness and utility. The AGM-114R features a three–axis inertial measurement unit, which enables properly equipped launch platforms to engage targets to the side and behind without maneuvering into position. The AGM-114R can be launched from higher altitudes than previous variants due to its enhanced guidance system and improved navigation capabilities. A new multi–purpose warhead enables the missile to defeat hard, soft and enclosed targets, which allows pilots to engage many targets with a single Hellfire loadout. The Army is currently only purchasing this variant.

http://www.bga-aeroweb.com/Defense/AGM-114-Hellfire-Missile-System.html

Next do some research before talking from rear arse.

Back
Top Bottom