What's new

Information Pool & Analysis on Pakistan's AF Aspiration for Su-35 / Su-35S - FLANKER-E

It was misquote by Sputnik.
The actual transcript was like this:

Ques: What would you like to say about the recent media reports of sale of Su-35 to Pakistan?

Ambassador: "Yes, Pakistan is interested in further expansion of the military-technical cooperation with Russia. But I would not want to limit my answer by the possibility of purchase weapons alone. We attack great importance to the agreement on defense cooperation, which was signed in Islamabad in November 2014 during the visit of the Russian defense minister," Khalilullah said.
Recently our Chief of Staff of the Air Force Air Chief Marshall Sohail Aman visited Russia and held fruitful talks on the matters of defence cooperation.
Pakistan Air Force along with other service would like to deepen cooperation with Russia.

So as you can see he never directly reffered to Su-35.

Also Pakistani Ambassador himself made it clear that Russia will provide only counter terrorism weapons:

http://m.sputniknews.com/world/20160905/1044975268/pakistan-russia-anti-terrorism.html
Yes because right now everything is in discussion phase...nothing is official..when it becomes official then it means 99% is agreed and now technical discussions are beginning..

PAF had shortlisted EFT and Su-35 as next gen heavy fighters for its fleet since there is still quite some time before a fully functional Fifth gen will be available. Furthermore 4.5 gens will be a great complement to their next gen brothers. Both are great fighters however a few factors may play important role in the decision
  • Reliability of the political relations
  • Budget
  • Threat perception

Last edited:
I am betting here that if India chooses any US fighter jet like F16/F18 then Pakistan in all probability will get Su35 under a line of credit arrangement for a 20year low interest loan...

Russia will play smart surely and will tell India since you can buy American fighters so Pakistan can surely buy Russian flankers... And there won't be any restriction of engines , weapons etc..

They will term all other relations with India is still strategic but will open the pathway to Pakistan defence market. Then the onus is on Pakistan how to widen it further. Bcz you folks can get much more with strengthening of economy and paying some hard cash to Russians..

@waz
What you think about this bro
the problem here is sir russians services after sale and parts supply is not good . we do not want another problem after USA .

In that same article:

Khalilulla also revealed that the Chief of Air Staff of the Pakistani Air Force Sohail Aman had "fruitful talks" in Moscow in July on purchasing Russian Su-35 fighter jets, but he did not elaborate.
Looking forward for your article :D

the problem here is sir russians services after sale and parts supply is not good . we do not want another problem after USA .

3 Eminent Political figures are involved in this deal, plus Russia is looking forward to develop relations with Pakistan. Securing such major deal at initial stage is good shot. I hope this issue must have been addressed as ACM Sohail Awan has policy of securing Supply chain and spare parts of what ever system he follow for PAF.

I am betting here that if India chooses any US fighter jet like F16/F18 then Pakistan in all probability will get Su35 under a line of credit arrangement for a 20year low interest loan...

Russia will play smart surely and will tell India since you can buy American fighters so Pakistan can surely buy Russian flankers... And there won't be any restriction of engines , weapons etc..

They will term all other relations with India is still strategic but will open the pathway to Pakistan defence market. Then the onus is on Pakistan how to widen it further. Bcz you folks can get much more with strengthening of economy and paying some hard cash to Russians..

@waz
What you think about this bro

You see here is the problem.

This deals goes through or not, is besides the point for a moment, the point is that
all of mother india's kids had ganged up, and presented Russia as mother india's exclusive propriety "soul mate".

now, you as being a Hindu-stani are tagging a different line ...

I am interested to understand what caused this change ? and how do you plan to defend yourself
when your brothers from indian mother come after you ?

The difference between Russians and USA will be of the political will. USA uses sanctions and embargoes as the tools of foreign policy and has crippled PAF falcons many time while Russians may be slower or lazier in doing the job but they will do it finally but with USA, and west sanctions and embargoes will always remain a serious concern.

If you want EF your government have to be proactive. UK post BREXIT needs new sources of investments and trade treaties. In G20 PM Modi and PM May talked about free trade agreement. Already Australia, Mexico, Singapore, India and South Korea have kind of given verbal assurances to Theresa May.

If Pakistan Government now moves in and does this trade agreement with UK and showcases that it's committed to UK's well being post BREXIT, it will gain special privileges for helping UK when needed and also forge strong ties with May.

That's when you get UK to help you with a good package in EF procurement directly as well as indirectly. Also you buy out influence.

In that same article:

Khalilulla also revealed that the Chief of Air Staff of the Pakistani Air Force Sohail Aman had "fruitful talks" in Moscow in July on purchasing Russian Su-35 fighter jets, but he did not elaborate.
It was misquote by Sputnik.
The actual transcript was like this as per wire reports from RIA NOVOSTI(ria.ru)

Ques: What would you like to say about the recent media reports of sale of Su-35 to Pakistan?

Ambassador: "Yes, Pakistan is interested in further expansion of the military-technical cooperation with Russia. But I would not want to limit my answer by the possibility of purchase weapons alone. We attack great importance to the agreement on defense cooperation, which was signed in Islamabad in November 2014 during the visit of the Russian defense minister,".
Recently our Chief of Staff of the Air Force Air Chief Marshall Sohail Aman visited Russia and held fruitful talks on the matters of defence cooperation.
Pakistan Air Force along with other services would like to deepen cooperation in various fields with Russia.

So as you can see he never directly reffered to Su-35.

Also Pakistani Ambassador himself made it clear that Russia will provide only counter terrorism weapons:
"We appreciate Russia supporting Pakistan’s efforts in fighting terrorism, and also appreciate its readiness to supply arms for the goals of counter-terrorism," Khalilullah said
http://m.sputniknews.com/world/20160905/1044975268/pakistan-russia-anti-terrorism.html

Last edited:
Did they eat fruit? It doesn't mean anything tangible.
It may or it may not but if you see this news in context and put the pieces together, you will see the bigger picture.

china is the best in both ways
I don't think China has anything like Su35 or EFT in her arsenal right now to offer us rather she herself has bought two squadrons of Su-35s.

This is not the first time Sputnik spread wrong news regarding Su-35 sale to Pakistan.Exactly one year back they did the same thing by misquoting Russian defece ministers statement on Mi-35 sale to Pakistan as Su-35; only for the report to get thrashed by a senior Russian diplomat:
I would also like to respond to the idle talk and pure invention of the media by reiterating that Russia has not discussed and does not have any plans to sell Su-35 aircraft to Pakistan.

http://rusembindia.com/home/embassy...ission-of-the-russian-rmbassy-mr-denis-alipov

Back
Top Bottom