What's new

Indonesia’s abused domestic helpers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indonesian obviously.

Apparently a very handsome man who rides a horse and was instrumental in you guys getting your freedom.
we do have kings but he's more like a governor of a specially designated region

King Hamengkubuwono X of Jogja, is this what you're talking about
hamengkubuwono-x.jpg

we do have kings but he's more like a governor of a specially designated region

King Hamengkubuwono X of Jogja, is this what you're talking about
hamengkubuwono-x.jpg

I really don't know. I was there for two days. Teremakasi!

Everyone was very deferential towards her. High up in your country. I have her card somewhere.

Basically. Malaysians and Indonesians, and actually a lot of the non-Arab world, have this Arab worshiping mentality. Arab countries are actually the most predatory towards Southeast Asian and South Asian workers, who they see as subhuman, yet these people worship them and want to be Arab.

Do you think Indonesian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi worship Arab ? LOL man.

Here I give you some lesson from my beloved religion, Islam :

This is from Quran ( God message directly to prophet Muhammad ) :

"O men We have created you from a male and a female, and have made you into races and tribes that you may (thereby) know one another. Indeed, the most honourable of you in the sight of Allah is (one who is) the most righteous of you. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware" (49:13).

Here is Hadith (Prophet Muhammad words):

"There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab, nor for a non-Arab over an Arab. Neither is the white superior over the black, nor is the black superior over the white -- except by piety."

Do you think with such lesson from God and prophet, we non Arab Muslim feel inferior to Arab and even worship them ?

I have many Arab Indonesian friends, men and women. I know there is no such thing like that. Even I have visited Saudi and had small talk to some "real" Arab there when I did my Umrah. LOL even I ask Masjidil Haram guard directly who use shoes inside the mosque to put off his shoes and he responded politely and also some Saudi men who use sandals inside the mosque (not just one but with their friends -we know how Saudi look by the way their dress) but they dont get mad on me.

It is actually normal for many people to look down other people who work as low paid labor and domestic workers, regardless their race or nationality. It is not a right thing, I know it, but we know many people do think like that.

Here my female cousin, 100 % Indonesian blood, working in Saudi Hospital as medical staff and she is respected there because the profession is respected by the society.

My cousin with her Saudi Arab colleques. She is in black hijab with green ID card standing in the first row just beside a white man.

Photo of Ola.jpg

My other full blooded Indonesian cousin (man) also marry a pretty Saudi national woman (Arab race). And so if you think Saudi Arab look down on Indonesian people, how come they allow their pretty daughter to marry an Indonesian guy?

Here is their daughter (Mix Indonesian/Arab)

My cousin daughter.jpg

In the past even an Indonesian become an Imam in Masjidil Haram mosque, Saudi Arabia.

Ahmad Khatib al-Minangkabawi
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shaikh Ahmad Khatib al-Minangkabawi (1860 – 1916) was a Minangkabau Indonesian Islamic teacher. He was born in Koto Tuo, Ampek Angkek, Agam Regency, West Sumatra on 6 Dzulhijjah 1276 H (1860 M) and died in Mecca on 8 Jumadil Awal 1334 H (1916 M).[1] He served as the head (imam) of the Shafi'i school of law at the mosque of Mecca (Masjid al-Haram). Many Indonesian Islamic reformist leaders learned from him, including Ahmad Dahlan, as founder Muhammadiyah and Hasyim Asyari, as founder Nahdlatul Ulama.[2]

Although Ahmad Khatib was an orthodox Sunni Muslim, he still hoped to reconcile the matrilineal system in Minangkabau with the laws of inheritance prescribed in the Quran. Through his Minangkabau students who studied in Mecca and well as those he taught in Indonesia, he encouraged a modified Minangkabau culture based on al-Quran and the Sunnah.

His eldest son Abdulkareem owned a book store in Makkah. His son Abdulmalik Alkhatib was an ambassador of the Ashraf to Egypt. His son, Sheikh Abdulhameed Alkhateeb, was the first Saudi Arabian ambassador to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. And his grand son, Fouad Abdulhameed Alkhateeb, was a Saudi Arabian ambassador, humanitarian, author, and businessman. In his capacity as a diplomat, he represented his homeland in Pakistan, Iraq, the United States of America, the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Republic of Turkey, the People's Republic of Bangladesh, Nepal, and finally as Saudi ambassador to Malaysia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Khatib_al-Minangkabawi

Last edited:
Bcs NK possess Nuke while no rich Arab countries have.

And Arab nations also dont know how to grow rice while eating too much.

---

Coronavirus pandemic threatens to plunge millions in Arab region into poverty and food insecurity
image1170x530cropped.jpg

WFP/Wissam Nassar
Food insecurity is on the rise in Gaza as the COVID-19 pandemic threatens a steep spike in poverty throughout the Arab region.
1 April 2020
Health
COVID-19 will be responsible for pushing a further 8.3 million people in the Arab region into poverty, according to a new policy brief issued on Wednesday by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA).

And the pandemic could also bump up the number of undernourished people there by some two million.

Current estimates show that there are some 101.4 million in the region who already live in poverty, according to official criteria, and around 52 million undernourished.

“The consequences of this crisis will be particularly severe on vulnerable groups”, said ESCWA Executive Secretary, Rola Dashti, pointing especially to “women and young adults, and those working in the informal sector who have no access to social protection and unemployment insurance”.

Because of a high dependence on food imports within the Arab world, a disruption in global medical supplies to deal with the pandemic, will also have a severe impact on food security there, says ESCWA.

Meanwhile, in addition to food loss and waste, worth around $60 billion annually across the region, the brief highlighted other likely economic losses, due to knock-on effects of the virus.

What action can be taken to lessen the impact?
According to ESCWA, reducing food loss and waste by 50 per cent would not only increase household income by some $20 billion, but also significantly improve food availability, reduce food imports and improve the balance of trade throughout the region.

Ms. Dashti encouraged Arab Governments to ensure “a swift emergency response to protect their people from falling into poverty and food insecurity owing to the impact of COVID-19”.

Last week, she called for the establishment of a regional social solidarity fund to care for vulnerable countries.

“The regional emergency response must support national efforts and mobilize resources and expertise to protect the poor and vulnerable”, concluded the Executive Secretary.

At the same time, Khalid Abu-Ismail, Senior Economist at ESCWA, highlighted four measures that can be taken to mitigate the crisis, beginning with extending credit to small businesses and enterprises.

He also stressed the importance of building on social networks and expanding on cash and other transfers to the poor and vulnerable and encouraged countries to give “more access to the food insecure population” through the existing voucher system.
Mr. Abu-Ismail also highlighted the importance of other initiatives such as Arab Food Security Emergency Funds.

As one of five UN regional commissions, ESCWA supports inclusive and sustainable economic and social development in Arab States and works on enhancing regional integration.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/04/1060822

Bcs NK possess Nuke while no rich Arab countries have.

And Arab nations also dont know how to grow rice while eating too much.

---

Coronavirus pandemic threatens to plunge millions in Arab region into poverty and food insecurity
image1170x530cropped.jpg

WFP/Wissam Nassar
Food insecurity is on the rise in Gaza as the COVID-19 pandemic threatens a steep spike in poverty throughout the Arab region.
1 April 2020
Health
COVID-19 will be responsible for pushing a further 8.3 million people in the Arab region into poverty, according to a new policy brief issued on Wednesday by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA).

And the pandemic could also bump up the number of undernourished people there by some two million.

Current estimates show that there are some 101.4 million in the region who already live in poverty, according to official criteria, and around 52 million undernourished.

“The consequences of this crisis will be particularly severe on vulnerable groups”, said ESCWA Executive Secretary, Rola Dashti, pointing especially to “women and young adults, and those working in the informal sector who have no access to social protection and unemployment insurance”.

Because of a high dependence on food imports within the Arab world, a disruption in global medical supplies to deal with the pandemic, will also have a severe impact on food security there, says ESCWA.

Meanwhile, in addition to food loss and waste, worth around $60 billion annually across the region, the brief highlighted other likely economic losses, due to knock-on effects of the virus.

What action can be taken to lessen the impact?
According to ESCWA, reducing food loss and waste by 50 per cent would not only increase household income by some $20 billion, but also significantly improve food availability, reduce food imports and improve the balance of trade throughout the region.

Ms. Dashti encouraged Arab Governments to ensure “a swift emergency response to protect their people from falling into poverty and food insecurity owing to the impact of COVID-19”.

Last week, she called for the establishment of a regional social solidarity fund to care for vulnerable countries.

“The regional emergency response must support national efforts and mobilize resources and expertise to protect the poor and vulnerable”, concluded the Executive Secretary.

At the same time, Khalid Abu-Ismail, Senior Economist at ESCWA, highlighted four measures that can be taken to mitigate the crisis, beginning with extending credit to small businesses and enterprises.

He also stressed the importance of building on social networks and expanding on cash and other transfers to the poor and vulnerable and encouraged countries to give “more access to the food insecure population” through the existing voucher system.
Mr. Abu-Ismail also highlighted the importance of other initiatives such as Arab Food Security Emergency Funds.

As one of five UN regional commissions, ESCWA supports inclusive and sustainable economic and social development in Arab States and works on enhancing regional integration.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/04/1060822

Oil for rice?

what's your opinion about indonesian maid behavior in Hong kong bro? @grey boy 2

I forget in HK or SG, that indonesian maid kill the baby of their master
Barbaric !

@sinait @Han Patriot

I wouldn't wasting my time going into the details WHO treat foreign domestic helpers the best, highest salary if one of the highest
I would rather let the more than"400,000" numbers of "foreign maids" and the XXX long ("WAITING LIST) in Hongkong to speak for itself
As for what i think Indonesian maids in HK, personally ive nothing other than love and respect for the Indonesian maid that used to work for my beloved late Grandma for years and was there with my grandma till the last moment
However, most younger generation of Hongkongers preferred Filipino maids more due to their higher average education background and no religious baggage to begin with.
Indonesian maids on the other hand are much popular with older generation Hongkongers because of communication advantage (quite a lot of Indonesian maids know how to speak cantonese or sometimes Mandarin as well) they don't mind eventhough some of the maids are illiterate as long as they can communicate with them

When it comes to how Indonesian maids are doing in average in HK, they will be needed and welcome as long as they don't let religion to get into their jobs, not like some of the bad apples (WHAT THEY'VE DONE IN 2015, stupid enough to be recruited by ISIS as cannon folders to carry out terrorism in my motherland China)
upload_2020-4-13_13-42-24.png

Read more:https://coconuts.co/hongkong/news/isis-reportedly-recruiting-indonesian-domestic-workers-hong-kong/

I wouldn't wasting my time going into the details WHO treat foreign domestic helpers the best, highest salary if one of the highest
I would rather let the more than"400,000" numbers of "foreign maids" and the XXX long ("WAITING LIST) in Hongkong to speak for itself
As for what i think Indonesian maids in HK, personally ive nothing other than love and respect for the Indonesian maid that used to work for my beloved late Grandma for years and was there with my grandma till the last moment
However, most younger generation of Hongkongers preferred Filipino maids more due to their higher average education background and no religious baggage to begin with.
Indonesian maids on the other hand are much popular with older generation Hongkongers because of communication advantage (quite a lot of Indonesian maids know how to speak cantonese or sometimes Mandarin as well) they don't mind eventhough some of the maids are illiterate as long as they can communicate with them

When it comes to how Indonesian maids are doing in average in HK, they will be needed and welcome as long as they don't let religion to get into their jobs, not like some of the bad apples (WHAT THEY'VE DONE IN 2015, stupid enough to be recruited by ISIS as cannon folders to carry out terrorism in my motherland China)
View attachment 623331
Read more:https://coconuts.co/hongkong/news/isis-reportedly-recruiting-indonesian-domestic-workers-hong-kong/

Wish Chinese OFW here dont bring radical though

https://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/...hter-captured-iraq-says-ministry-defense/amp/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom