What's new

Indonesia’s abused domestic helpers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst abusers of Indonesian and Filipino domestic workers are in the Gulf Countries. This is especially bad because families live behind secretive walls because of cultural norms and a lot of verbal, physical and sexual abuse happens in the darkness.

LOL where do you get the idea. Never accuse any body with such thing without any fact.

Here is in Hongkong

150209090151-06-indonesia-maid-0209-super-169.jpg

Hong Kong woman found guilty of abusing Indonesian maid

A Hong Kong woman has been found guilty of abusing an Indonesian maid in a high-profile case of mistreatment.

Law Wan-tung was accused of causing grievous bodily harm, criminal intimidation and failure to pay wages.

The maid, Erwiana Sulistyaningsih, drew global attention last year when she returned to Indonesia and needed hospital treatment.

She testified in court in December that she was abused by Law for several months before she was sent home.

The case drew intense scrutiny in Hong Kong, where a significant number of families rely on domestic helpers. The city's residents employ about 300,000 maids from other parts of Asia.

A Hong Kong woman has been found guilty of abusing an Indonesian maid in a high-profile case of mistreatment.

Law Wan-tung was accused of causing grievous bodily harm, criminal intimidation and failure to pay wages.

The maid, Erwiana Sulistyaningsih, drew global attention last year when she returned to Indonesia and needed hospital treatment.

She testified in court in December that she was abused by Law for several months before she was sent home.

The case drew intense scrutiny in Hong Kong, where a significant number of families rely on domestic helpers. The city's residents employ about 300,000 maids from other parts of Asia.

Alhamdulillah she is now a university graduates

Eriwanan.jpg

LOL where do you get the idea. Never accuse any body with such thing without any fact.

Here is in Hongkong

150209090151-06-indonesia-maid-0209-super-169.jpg

Hong Kong woman found guilty of abusing Indonesian maid

Alhamdulillah she is now a university graduates

Eriwanan.jpg

Oh, I have no doubt that there are many Hong Kongers who abuse their domestic helpers. From my experience, Hong Kong people are some of the meanest people I've ever met.

But it pales in comparison to the cruelty and scale happening in Gulf Countries.

Reactions: yex
They choose to ape the worse kind of arab, those in the middle of nadj

Traditionally nadj is arab most horrible place, inhabited by the most uncivilized and barbaric tribe.

Basically. Malaysians and Indonesians, and actually a lot of the non-Arab world, have this Arab worshiping mentality. Arab countries are actually the most predatory towards Southeast Asian and South Asian workers, who they see as subhuman, yet these people worship them and want to be Arab.

They choose to ape the worse kind of arab, those in the middle of nadj

Traditionally nadj is arab most horrible place, inhabited by the most uncivilized and barbaric tribe.

I agree. Gulf Arabs have the worst cultural norms. Followed by North Africans. The best are the Levantines, Syrians, Lebanese, Palestinians.

Who said that :D I never claim that lol
c'mon don't be so desperate like that :enjoy:and stir my words
Inferiority complex?

No matter what, I will keep telling more truth for you :D

LOL LIAR. It just show your real character. You keep bad mounting on my country and my people on this thread and also other thread. Thats why I come up with that. Something that you and Chinese member had conversation before about your decision to change citizenship into China National.

Inferiority complex ? Nah. Good Muslim dont have such sickness.

In Singapore I think at least more than 5 6 cases in short span of few years indonesian maid kill baby.

They never get death from court.

And they still denigrate singapore. Really shameless people.

what's your opinion about indonesian maid behavior in Hong kong bro? @grey boy 2

I forget in HK or SG, that indonesian maid kill the baby of their master
Barbaric !

@sinait @Han Patriot
I agree. Gulf Arabs have the worst cultural norms. Followed by North Africans. The best are the Levantines, Syrians, Lebanese, Palestinians.

Thanks bro, yup I think it needs around 2 decades for achieving that. Indonesians are hard working people so I believe we have possibly achieved that, InshaAllah. And maybe we can reach that target sooner for domestic workers who are mostly female. I see 2034 as possible time to start stopping our female domestic worker working abroad.

Based on recent projection of foreign based institution, if we can grow around 5-5.5 % until 2034, Indonesian nominal GDP will reach around 3.2 trillion dollar. Currently our GDP is 1.2 trillion dollar and GDP percapita is 4.193 USD (2019), so in roughly calculation with assumption of unchanged currency value over the period, GDP percapita will reach 3 times of now so it will be about 12.000 USD inshaAllah. This figure IMO is enough to make our future government think about stopping exporting our woman for domestic worker jobs.

Meanwhile there are 32.000 Chinese national worker in Indonesia that are mostly low skilled labor.

https://finance.detik.com/berita-ek...rja-china-paling-banyak-di-ri-ada-32209-orang

Some are illegal and being captured by police just like seen in this news.

I've been to your country only once. Loved the people. A Muslim country with strong Sanskrit roots and culture. Really weird for us from the subcontinent.

Very cultured people. Spoke at great length to a very dignified lady very close to your King. A pediatrician. So much sense of history and quiet pride.

I've been to your country only once. Loved the people. A Muslim country with strong Sanskrit roots and culture. Really weird for us from the subcontinent.

Very cultured people. Spoke at great length to a very dignified lady very close to your King. A pediatrician. So much sense of history and quiet pride.
what king??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom